Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what do guys think of women that don't ever want children Watch

ReputationRep:
    personally, Id love to meet a girl who didnt want kids when im older. I'd much rather have the freedom to go on hols whenever/wherever I like, go out to restaurants whenever etc than have kids. I just don't see the appeal of settling down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ucasisannoying)
    i find the fact that there are women out there who don't want kids at any point of their life disgusting tbh

how can u not want at LEAST a son/daughter when u grow up? seriously, that's ****ed
    I'm sorri but I just have to make this point, you must be a guy, right?!
    How do you like the idea of carrying a child inside your body for a 9 month long pregnancy that wrecks your body and then, at the end of it, have to go through the excruiating pain of labour to be given a new human life which you have the responsibility of raising for the next @ least 18 years because in today's society what's to say the guy's going to stick around - Think about it from the girl's point of view, but then, if you're a guy you are most probably incapable of doing so which is why you decided to discuss this in the first place
    So no, it isnt 'disgusting', it is a choice made in life, after all, would you have liked to be brought into this world if you were not wanted in the first place?? And do you have any idea of how many poor kids are out there, waiting for adoption or living in poverty because their parents werent sensible about sex and had them without concern for their wellbeing??
    I for one, if I ever did change my mind about having kids, would most probably decide to adopt as opposed to bringing another human life into the world when there are so many out there suffering and desperate to be wanted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nalced)
    Nope, if I get serious with a girl I wanna have kids in future with her, and if she can't love a kid- how can she love me?
    Um, you do know that maternal love and love for a partner are completely different things? I don't think I'll ever want children, but that doesn't mean I don't love my BF. In fact, we've been together for nearly 5 years and I'm very much in love with him. Doesn't mean I don't like children, either - I think I'd be a very good aunt. I just don't fancy any of my own, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*Horse_Mad*~)
    I'm sorri but I just have to make this point, you must be a guy, right?!
    How do you like the idea of carrying a child inside your body for a 9 month long pregnancy that wrecks your body and then, at the end of it, have to go through the excruiating pain of labour to be given a new human life which you have the responsibility of raising for the next @ least 18 years because in today's society what's to say the guy's going to stick around - Think about it from the girl's point of view, but then, if you're a guy you are most probably incapable of doing so which is why you decided to discuss this in the first place
    So no, it isnt 'disgusting', it is a choice made in life, after all, would you have liked to be brought into this world if you were not wanted in the first place?? And do you have any idea of how many poor kids are out there, waiting for adoption or living in poverty because their parents werent sensible about sex and had them without concern for their wellbeing??
    I for one, if I ever did change my mind about having kids, would most probably decide to adopt as opposed to bringing another human life into the world when there are so many out there suffering and desperate to be wanted
    Don't forget that it massively adversely affects your career - I doubt as many men would be queuing up to have children if they had to make the same sorts of sacrifices many women have to make.

EDIT: If you're going to neg me at least provide a counter-argument ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Sluts.
    Lol that does not make sense at all.

I like children, and am generally quite good with them, but I have never really wanted any of my own. I also want a good career.

Though for me, it is more that I do not want to be the one to carry a child and give birth, not that I dislike kids. I think if I was a man, I would be more keen to have children. But, it is the woman's body that is changed through childbirth, the woman who has to suffer the immense pain of it etc. In this respect, I think it is fair for a woman to not want children!

Interesting topic: How do you guys/girls feel about what some celebs have done, where they pay someone else to give birth to the child for them? (the couples own sperm and egg are joined, then it is planted in another woman who carries and gives birth to the child).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    Don't forget that it massively adversely affects your career - I doubt as many men would be queuing up to have children if they had to make the same sorts of sacrifices many women have to make.
    Exactly!!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, pretty good question, never thought about saying it before, but I do get a bit confused/unattracted to girls who say they never want children for reasons like; A burden, money, figure(!?).
    I just thought most women would like the thought of one day having you're own little beasts and raising them to be good people y'know.

ReputationRep:
    The last thing you would want in your life is to be really old and realising that you regret not having children, perhaps telling your friends or siblings who happen to be granparents that you wish you would have had perhaps just one. That feeling would be very painful and you would feel as if you wasted an opportunity in this life.

ReputationRep:
    I don't personally like the idea, nor would I personally marry a woman who didn't want children. My life's desire is to start a family.
    However, I don't have a problem with people not agreeing.

ps- I know two couples without children. One because they could never conceive, the other through choice. Both are closer and more loving couples than most people who I know with kids (where discussion is often about the kids, kids come first so less time for each other and their own relationship). This is presumably because they can put each other first, have more sex, travel more together, go to more expensive places... etc.

Also, these days, marriages break up a lot. Men often leave the wife and children if things get tough.

Just something to think about.

ReputationRep:
    I would ditch her if I was older as I want kids and wouldn't be prepared to sacrifice

ReputationRep:
    I also do not want children because my career choice would be too demanding to have any time for raising children plus I see myself travelling around the world and experiencing what the world has to give so having children is far from my mind.

I am alarmed at the narrow minded views from the men.

On this board, virtually none of the women want children and almost all of the men do.

If men were the ones who had to go through pregnancy and labour, I expect it would be the other way round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ps- I know two couples without children. One because they could never conceive, the other through choice. Both are closer and more loving couples than most people who I know with kids (where discussion is often about the kids, kids come first so less time for each other and their own relationship). This is presumably because they can put each other first, have more sex, travel more together, go to more expensive places... etc.

Also, these days, marriages break up a lot. Men often leave the wife and children if things get tough.

Just something to think about.
    Oh just shut up, why are you anonymous. Not having children on the assumption that your husband will leave you is pathetic. generalisation and sexist

ReputationRep:
    I think yay!
    But I also think that most of them will usually end up having them anyway so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    I also do not want children because my career choice would be too demanding to have any time for raising children plus I see myself travelling around the world and experiencing what the world has to give so having children is far from my mind.

I am alarmed at the narrow minded views from the men.
    Me too. I bet if their male friends didn't want kids they would not be so revolted. It's fine to say, "I couldn't be with her as I really want kids," but some of the responses here are quite disturbing.

A relationship without children generally means:
    More travel
    More sex
    More time for your relationship/each other
    More money to do other things together
    More relaxation
    Better Career for the woman
    Easier for a woman to keep herself in good shape, and looking good for her partner.

Whereas, a woman who has kids to care for, may then find her man leaves her for a woman who has more time to ensure she looks nice, more time for sex and who has no kids to make things that little bit more stressful at home.
    Sounds harsh, but it is generally true.

I'm not saying I dislike kids- I actually like them. I am just unsure if I'd really want any of my own.

ReputationRep:
    On this board, virtually none of the women want children and almost all of the men do.

If men were the ones who had to go through pregnancy and labour, I expect it would be the other way round.
    I doubt it's the pain of labour that deters some women from childbith. You would assume that giving birth to life at the end of the day would be worth the pain.

ReputationRep:

Well you have to think that most of the "women" on here are on average around 18 years old. Kids are and should be the last thing on their mind. But I guarantee you alot of women here will change their mind.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.