Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pakistani communities in Britain Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunty64)
    I agree that a persons education and social /cultural background has an affect on their behaviour.

You anywhere near luton.... Problems with the whites and pakistanis there...... they pakistanis apparently have their own trafffic laws in their neighbourhood!
    Yeh im about 15miles away from Luton, and I can again confirm its not just 'Pakistani' people, the most asian area in luton, is the Bury Park area which is mixed with Pakistan AND Bangladeshi people. So yet again you cant pin it on just that one country of origin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamil1987)
    But its not just pakistanis though? so why pin it on just that one country. You mentioned Whitechapel, which happens to be mainly Bangladeshi. So you obviously dont know the difference?

You say its all the same thing? There is a 2000km gap between Pakistan and Bangladesh. Britain is close to france, germany and spain, but would you say english people are the same as french people??

So my question is what have you got against pakistan?
    I didn't mention whitechapel, apj1006... did. I pointed out that that was a majority bangledeshi area.

Nothing again pakistan/is, rather just wanted to know if pakistanis agreed with the observation.

you must have been to the asian area of luton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamil1987)
    Yeh im about 15miles away from Luton, and I can again confirm its not just 'Pakistani' people, the most asian area in luton, is the Bury Park area which is mixed with Pakistan AND Bangladeshi people. So yet again you cant pin it on just that one country of origin.
    no doubt bangledeshis may behave in a similar way. I thought bury park was a majority pakistani area (apparently they even have urdu signs up all over the place

ReputationRep:
    'unlady like'..... not something the british can complain of!
    "unlady like"- telling the guy that he shouldn't apologise. I understood every word they said.

He spat, I looked at him, gave him the dirtiest look, a man could give. He apologised.
    It is disgusting and unwarranted. He wouldn't spit in his own living room floor.

I am not comparing the British to the Pakistanis.

ReputationRep:
    no doubt bangledeshis may behave in a similar way. I thought bury park was a majority pakistani area (apparently they even have urdu signs up all over the place
    Ur definatley misinformed about the urdu signs, Im yet to see that anywhere!

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Bury Park has lots of Pakistanis, Bengalis, Tamils, Polish, Irish and Afro Caribbean

ReputationRep:
    only in habib bank for your sharia account.... not in our barclays..
    Obviously ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    Some of the worst areas in the UK have no immigrants. I suggest a visit to Stoke, Dundee or any impoverished northern town/city in the UK. There's an area in Scotland which has a lower life expectancy than Bangladesh and it has virtually no immigrants.
    It looks someone has been watching a bit too much, of 'the secret millionaire''.

:lol: I hate poverty anyhow, irrespective of colour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamesh)
    It looks someone has been watching a bit too much, of 'the secret millionaire''.

No I think it was "The Ascent of Money" actually about two years ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    Whitechapel springs to mind.

that's bengalis bro.

i'd say b'ham.

ReputationRep:
    Had a discussion during lunch with some Pakistanis and it came around to different Pakistani communities across Britain. One guy had the view that wherever there was a commmunity which was majority Pakistani, then the living and social conditions were somewhat worse for wear. Examples such as litter on the footpaths, people spitting everywhere, no order on the roads (people cutting over, stopping in the middle of traffic to greet friends in nearby cars etc; essentially creating a traffic system similar to that in Karachi; well perhaps not as bad!)

Another thing was knowing how to form an orderly queue and waiting ones turn for service (ie. in a bank)....

there are other such examples...... Now I don't necessarily agree with this but can see where the guy was coming from)

Not having a go at pakistanis, but would like to hear from any Pakistanis who agree with such a generalisation (especially from those who live in areas of high pakistani numbers; up north etc
    From my own observations; the observations that you've listed are unfortunately true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    No I think it was "The Ascent of Money" actually about two years ago
    The Ascent of Money
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/t...t-of-money/4od

Which episode? :lol: I bet you didn't think I'd take your response so seriously but I did, sorry, bro.

ReputationRep:
    The Ascent of Money
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/t...t-of-money/4od

Which episode? :lol: I bet you didn't think I'd take your response so seriously but I did, sorry, bro.
    The first one

ReputationRep:
    Bradistan...

ReputationRep:

Man I hate that show. They patronise these people the entire show, then give a youth club 20 grand out of their 20 million. That's about the generosity equivalent of me spitting on a tramp who's on fire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uzzy?)
    OI you :mad:

And to the OP I somewhat agree aswell, big generalisation though as some of my friends dislike these sort of Paksitanis, being part Pakistani myself I do admit that places with high poplulation of Pakistani, Bangladeshis and generally South Asians are quite messy.
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Had a discussion during lunch with some Pakistanis and it came around to different Pakistani communities across Britain. One guy had the view that wherever there was a commmunity which was majority Pakistani, then the living and social conditions were somewhat worse for wear. Examples such as litter on the footpaths, people spitting everywhere, no order on the roads (people cutting over, stopping in the middle of traffic to greet friends in nearby cars etc; essentially creating a traffic system similar to that in Karachi; well perhaps not as bad!)

Another thing was knowing how to form an orderly queue and waiting ones turn for service (ie. in a bank)....

there are other such examples...... Now I don't necessarily agree with this but can see where the guy was coming from)

Not having a go at pakistanis, but would like to hear from any Pakistanis who agree with such a generalisation (especially from those who live in areas of high pakistani numbers; up north etc

why is it your business?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    why is it your business?
    It's not a matter of whether its my "business" or the "business" of the pakistani guys I was discussing this with. I am further discussing a topic which was covered with some pakistani guys at work.

Do you agree/disagree with the views expressed?

ReputationRep:
    My opinion is that how others behave in society is their own business. Commenting on why Pakistanis drive badly is by the by and superfluous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenforce)
    its just for all asians..i think they dont leave their dirty background back specially the indians
    How dare you say '' we have dirty backgrounds'' would you like it if we said that to you? You think what you think but a majority of people think that your wrong and you should think before your writing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.