Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does it bother you when people use wrong grammar/spelling on TSR? watch

(Original post by lonely14)
    :confused: I'm sorry. Was this a joke?
    Sorry, I was implicitly agreeing with you, and directing yoyo to your post, so he would learn.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GfscmQoqaE

ReputationRep:
    I find it more frustrating when some body makes a POLL that either wrongly implies certain options are mutually exclusive and contains intervals that are stupidly too small and/or too big.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Are you listening, yoyo?! :eyeball:
    Fudge that. My spelling and grammar is as good as it needs to be.

ReputationRep:
    Only when the post is unclear, or when people fail with really basic things like full stops, apostrophes and correct words for things, like your and you're.
    Anyway, I don't generally post about it. I did have grammar info in my sig but figured people were bored of it by now. I mean, I was bored of it.
    I do post when people do stupid **** like making posts about "mickey mouse degrees" and how only super-intelligent people should go to Uni... and in their post they fail to begin a sentence with a capital letter. :rofl:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Yes it does. Everyone makes mistakes so I wouldn't mind people corrected me either. Also this is a student forum
    where most people are in higher education. If you forego work and take up higher education then at least be able to write correct sentences. I am quite rubbish at proper grammar and spelling but at leas I know when to say your and you're and to and too. Also people who say as long as you understand then it's fine wel so wood it be ok if I constuntly rote like this and payd no atenshun to ne form of struktured inglish?

ReputationRep:
    Punctuation: The difference between "helping your Uncle Jack, off his horse." and "helping your uncle jack off his horse."

ReputationRep:
    Not normally, although I do feel the need to correct people if they use "your" or "you're" incorrectly. I'm not sure why that is, I've just always been that way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v30q6VkphbE

Other than that, I don't really care. I tend to skip past posts if I can't understand them due to poor grammar.

ReputationRep:
    It only bothers me if they're being a smartarse when the make the mistake. If you're going to try and show off how clever you are you should be able to use grammar correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 786girl)
    If yes, then WHY?

I mean as long as you can understand what they're trying to say, why do some people get worked up about it?
    Just a thought.
    Whell mi grimmer is purfekt sew eye theink peeple shud mayke teh efort two spill thingz curecktlee, down't yoo?

ReputationRep:
    No because I can understand WHY they make those mistakes. The reason is: we are so excited here on TSR about getting our opinions heard that we bang away on the keyboard before you can say "grammar mistake"!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.