Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To anyone in a relationship. Watch

ReputationRep:
    1 year 1 month.
    Both 18.
    Serious.
    If we were to get married it wouldn't be until I've finished my education and got a job. Don't want kids.

ReputationRep:
    Curious, how come just about everyone replying to the OP is a girl with a boyfriend who is a few years older than them?

ReputationRep:
    2 and a half years. (since may 2008)
    i'm 19, hes 20. (21 in jan)
    Yes, its serious.
    We've discussed it, & we want to stay together as long as possible

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been in the relationship?
    1 year
    How old are you?
    Both 18
    Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'?
    Yes
    Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc?
    We've talked about moving in together in a few years getting married and having children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    1 year.
    18 & 28.
    Yes.
    Marriage, yes.
    I always wonder whether in relationships with big age gaps, don't you find that you are both at different stages in life, and doesn't that sometimes alienate you both from each other?

ReputationRep:
    6 and a half months

How old are you?
    I'm 17 (18 on Sunday), he's 18.

As serious as it can be at this stage.

Not a clue. Taking things as they come at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    2 years officially, but we have loved each other for around 5 years.
    18, and 23.
    Yep.
    Yep, we are unofficially engaged; he says even if I wanted to escape he wouldn't let me

(Original post by Pyrrho)
    Curious, how come just about everyone replying to the OP is a girl with a boyfriend who is a few years older than them?
    Hmm maybe girls are just more attracted to these threads and feel more compelled to reply them lol. And as for guys being older, well, that's how it is more than 50% of the time in the world I reckon? But looking at some posts, some are the same age :yep:

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been in the relationship? Coming up to 4 years
    How old are you? I'm 18, he's 19
    Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'? Sure
    Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc? I didn't, but I'm pregnant, so I guess we are having a family...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roses)
    1 year 1 month.
    I'm 18 he's 22.
    Yes it is serious.
    We have to an extent -- we've agreed that we'd be ****ing idiots to ever split up as we're so great together (never had an argument the whole time we've been together), so therefore in theory we should last forever :p: we both want to get married and have kids, but I'd say the only thing we've seriously agreed on is that we'd move in together when I finish uni.
    You will have one. It won't break you up and you'll then be in a normal, serious relationship.

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been in the relationship? 1yr 3months... my sig is more specific :P
    How old are you? 17
    Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'? The most serious I've ever had. I can geniunely say I love him, anyway.
    Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc? I hope so but time will tell. We both want this and for now have no reason why someday in the future this wont be the case

ReputationRep:
    3 and a half years
    20/21 (in a month)
    Very
    Sure, we've talked about it quite a bit. Be under no impression that I think we're an exception, I know it'll be work, but he's worth it :love:

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been in the relationship? Around a year.
    How old are you? 19 & 18.
    Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'? I suppose so yeah.
    Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc? No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How old are you?
    For more than 3 years (41 month).
    I'm 18 (me) & 24.
    Yes, very serious.
    Yes, we both do.

ReputationRep:
    :sadface:

If you'd asked me this 8 days ago the result would have been :

5 years 1 month 3 weeks.

22 (he's 21)

Very serious.

I wish.

But no longer

ReputationRep:
    im 17, he's nearly 17
    5 years in march i would say quite serious but we both know its not going to last forever.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to know why divorce is on the increase, look through all the naive children replying on this thread and there is your answer....:o:

ReputationRep:
    5 years, both 21. Yes we consider each other soul mates and best friends too. We plan to get married in 5 years time.

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone so desperate to get married so early in life? :confused:
    To be honest I wanna see the world and not be tied down by a relationship for a while. We've got our whole lives to find someone, what if that someone isn't your first school bf/gf :curious:

ReputationRep:
    6.5 years.
    Both 23.
    We live together, so yes it is serious. We know our future lies together, so when we can we'll marry & have a family.

ReputationRep:
    almost 4 months.
    Yes, I don't go into relationships if i'm not gonna take it seriously.
    Hopefully - I dunno yet.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.