Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do you open the door when at home alone? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah bro, but then again I'm a massive fire breathing dragon so it's easy for me to incinerate intruders.

hehe or i could go open it creep onto stairs and jump on them unless i know them or its the postman etc

ReputationRep:
      I leave my door open 'cos I'm hard.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ussumane)
      Yes. But I usually take long, because it takes time to load a shotgun.
      noob

l2use shotgun

(Original post by 4TSR)
        I leave my door open 'cos I'm hard.
        lol yeah your bedroom door that is

ReputationRep:
        No :ninja:

I'll only open if someone in my family is expecting something, other than it its always someone trying to sell something rubbish. They then put it through the letterbox so its all good!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by blueray)
        lol yeah your bedroom door that is
        :ninja: the thread title doesn't specify which door....

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Beska)
        What if they're selling cookies! :puppyeyes:
        Release the hounds!

ReputationRep:
        Getting out of my front door is like breaking out of prison - we have (off the top of my head) two doors that you have to unlock, one to the foyer then another to the actual outside, with a total of about nine locks between them.

So, I've got ample time to assess the integrity of the person on the other side. If I like, I can leave the chain in place and then decide, but usually I can tell who it is through the one-way glass.

I've never really had anyone bothersome come - mostly just the postman and Parcelforce/UPS/DHL people. Occasional salespeople, but if it's for home improvements, and it nearly always is, I always tell them I rent (although I don't) and they go away. Anyone else, I just say I'm not interested; only annoying one was the local dairy representative, who put his hand on my doorframe when I went to close it. Informed him I'd be shutting it in three seconds whether his hand was still there or not.

He really should have listened to me... They don't come anymore.

ReputationRep:
        :rofl: I always open the door.

omg 1 only have one front door 9 locks 9 keys? or stopers ?

ReputationRep:
          Yes, but I look through the peephole first. If it's the postman or somebody I know then i'll answer the door. Anyone else I just ignore. If it's important, they will come back :p:

ReputationRep:
          Always look through the window, if it looks like a salesman I'll ignore it but if it looks like a delivery I'll obviously open it :p:

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by TheSownRose)
          Getting out of my front door is like breaking out of prison - we have (off the top of my head) two doors that you have to unlock, one to the foyer then another to the actual outside, with a total of about nine locks between them.
          Yes. I hate to be the first person to go out of the house and I don't even have that many locks! Need to unlock the middle door, then the top and bottom lock (one key), then a chain to unlock and finally the front door lock. I dunno, just seems like so much effort somehow. Ha ha, when I'm in charge.. only the main front door lock is done due to my laziness. My mother hates that though, she likes all of them them to be done before we go to bed at least.

ReputationRep:
          During the day, maybe...but if it's dark, definitely not!

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by blueray)
          omg 1 only have one front door 9 locks 9 keys? or stopers ?
          Forgive for presumption, from the 'nine locks', I think is addressing me?

Door to the foyer/porch: three locks, two of which are key-operated and one a catch you have to turn.

Door to actual outside: six locks, three of which are key-operated, two turning ones and one chain.

hmm im older now and i know everyone on my area so yeah maybe

ReputationRep:
            i don't open the door even when dad is home. if hes home he can answer it and it would be for him anyway, and when im alone i dont answer it because dasd can get into some shady things that i shouldn't deal with.

ReputationRep:
            Around 99% of the people who come to my flat are either junkies asking for "Joseph"(Previous tennant apparently), junkies getting my flat mixed up with the dealers below, or junkies pretending to have the wrong flat so they can scout the place for burgling.

ReputationRep:
            Yes, unless the people at the door appear to be a large group of scary-looking men carrying crowbars and demanding drug money.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          What newspaper do you read/prefer?
          Useful resources
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.