Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wtf my dad is really pissing me off now :S Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    he probably doesn't want her going in and out of the house all night nor does he want her to come back in the early hours of the morn drunk, making noise and leaving a mess in the house.

Right, because any time after 6pm is automatically "all night."
    If she stayed out at a friend's those problems could be avoided anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildBerrySpirit)
    Oh okay.

As much as the situation may suck at the moment, just do what your father says for the time being, well for about a month or so. Don't argue with him, but make sure he knows that you're annoyed with his restrictions; don't try and avoid him, but don't talk to him as you usually would. He should eventually get the message that you're pissed off and he's being too harsh.

Also, have a word with said guy who told his father. I honestly can't stand people who snitch for their own personal gain/amusement.
    Well i think im gna allow the guy, coz i know he will tel his dad about it, he is so fcking immature and his dad will go to my dad and say your daughter is bothering my son and that will piss off my dad even more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    That really winds me up when people come out with crap like that. Fair enough you have to respect your parents wishes to an extent, but just because you live under their roof doesn't mean you should be treated like a prisoner :lolwut:
    I disagree - I had a tough time growing up when I was younger (and really, who didn't?) when I matured I realised that the reason I had a tough time was because my parents cared about me. At the time I thought that they were abusing my free will etc etc. But in reality they were ensuring my welfare and making me a better adult by giving me undesired amounts of independence.

Perhaps the OP feels differently to me, and doesn't really understand their parents reasons for doing things. But making it out like they're a victim is a little melodramatic and self-centred, after all my parents were harsh on me for a reason and that reason was solely for my own benefit and it really angers me when people don't understand that it's them who will benefit.

In reality, it all boils down to respect - perhaps their parents told them specifically not to go clubbing or whatever and then boom, they completely ignore this wish and by doing so they are disrespecting their parents. The consequence of betrayal is there to help them understand that it's all for their own good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I-love-life)
    So basically the new rule is as long as you live under my roof, you have to follow my rules: the rules are no more going out
    Be home before 6
    Not allowed on the phone after 9 pm wtf!!!
    Forget about friends and going out and everything else
    So why is he doing this? His friend’s son saw me at a night club and the D*** told his dad and his dad told my dad...my dad hates me. btw he is muslim i’ve had enough of this and have no money to move out. Im waiting till September to go to uni!! Any advice please..i wana die right now. I have to be home before 6 everyday
    I really wana move out right now, i just have no money and don't know what to do, ffk im 19
    Whenever my mum does something I disagree with, I punch her in the face. That'll learn 'er.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Your username is no longer apt :moon:
    Hahahah

ReputationRep:
    Just had to say this, this is the part of islamic rule I think is stupid ( i am a muslim) we live in a western society and going out late is part of that, your dad needs to get a grip on reality, I have a number of friends who were sooooo suppressed by their parents that eventually 1 became a medicine student drop out due to being a stoner, and the other just went crazy and ignored his parents and goes out stupid amounts and failing in his education.

I on the other hand, am lucky in that my Mum is quite reasonable, she lets me go out till whatever time, as long as it's not all the time and that I'm performing well in studies etc. and dnt come home ****faced, which is fine by me. I was give a good amount of freedom and so was able to have fun and study hard at the same time. Really pisses me off when parents completely restrict their kids, it doesn't work, because their kids will just go ever wilder later in life

ReputationRep:
    just die

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dog24)
    Just had to say this, this is the part of islamic rule I think is stupid ( i am a muslim) we live in a western society and going out late is part of that, your dad needs to get a grip on reality, I have a number of friends who were sooooo suppressed by their parents that eventually 1 became a medicine student drop out due to being a stoner, and the other just went crazy and ignored his parents and goes out stupid amounts and failing in his education.

I on the other hand, am lucky in that my Mum is quite reasonable, she lets me go out till whatever time, as long as it's not all the time and that I'm performing well in studies etc. and dnt come home ****faced, which is fine by me. I was give a good amount of freedom and so was able to have fun and study hard at the same time. Really pisses me off when parents completely restrict their kids, it doesn't work, because their kids will just go ever wilder later in life
    I completely agree with, try telling this to my dad..I guess he is really pissed off because of the fact i was clubbing and was seen with my bf before all of this i was allowed to go out and everything

ReputationRep:
    Stop whining about it like a child and go and speak to him like an adult, he's your father, regardless of what you think he's trying to keep you safe and protecting you.
    ask him why he is acting so strongly, what he thinks it will achieve and if he's willing to be a bit more lenient, give him a real reason as to why you think he's being irrational other than you just want to go out and get drunk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karateworm)
    Christ almighty, that's incredible.

This is what I would do:
    Rather than get angry with him, ask him why he feels so strongly about it and show that you understand where is coming from. He'll be pleased you're talking about it properly, so you can explain (calmly and nicely) your side of things and how it will destroy your social life, which is very important to your well being. Make a compromise.

This way you can hopefully maintain some form of social life and survive until Uni.
    White man approach will not work for muslim families. Especially since she's a girl.

ReputationRep:
    I actually can't even look at him he looks so angry. what makes it worse is that his friend's son saw me at the club with my bf (who dad doesn't know about) and now the whole muslim community in london know about it..I really don't think i can go near my dad he wants to kill me
    lol, yeh, the whole Muslim community in London know about your inconsequential little life. I was just discussing it with my hamster, what a coincidence I saw this thread when I logged on to TSR.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    i get the whole 'while youre under my roof you live under my rules' thing but hes being unreasonable about it! maybe talk to him about it? you should be allowed to have a life! hope it all works out for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fat-Love)
    White man approach will not work for muslim families. Especially since she's a girl.
    Maybe so, but every person on the planet is going to appreciate an attempt to meet in the middle... even if the effect isn't too great, it won't hurt!

ReputationRep:
    So basically the new rule is as long as you live under my roof, you have to follow my rules: the rules are no more going out
    Be home before 6
    Not allowed on the phone after 9 pm wtf!!!
    Forget about friends and going out and everything else
    So why is he doing this? His friend’s son saw me at a night club and the D*** told his dad and his dad told my dad...my dad hates me. btw he is muslim i’ve had enough of this and have no money to move out. Im waiting till September to go to uni!! Any advice please..i wana die right now. I have to be home before 6 everyday
    I really wana move out right now, i just have no money and don't know what to do, ffk im 19

Hello Abdul Rahman
    Guess who

ReputationRep:
    stfu op

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lionslayer)
    Hello Abdul Rahman
    Guess who
    She's a girl. Good attempt though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lionslayer)
    Hello Abdul Rahman
    Guess who
    hahah ur soo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just gonna say "lol" at the fact that you're complaining about your dad's strictness in his own house. Maybe it's because you're 19 and you still sponge off your parents!?

ReputationRep:
    I self-impose these rules

ReputationRep:
    Omg. If I were you I'd have your dads friends sons death-plan laid out in my head already -and It would be a very graphic one too- and I'll just be waiting for the right moment....................

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.