The Student Room Group

2011 Graduate Entry Medicine Applicants - Interviews, Offers etc.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
and toes and...... :wink:
Original post by 2bIncognito
Thank you...!

How have the last few years been for you?

Incognito :smile:

Great and stressful! Pretty much sums up grad-entry medicine :p:
Original post by graemematt
Great and stressful! Pretty much sums up grad-entry medicine :p:

:smile:

Haha!
Original post by annaroberts20
Your work experience sounds very impressive, especially for somewhere like Leicester which insists on paid work experience.

May I ask, did you apply after your bachelors or is this your first time applying?

Any advice for the UKCAT? I'm planning to sit it next summer for 2012 cycle hopefully :-)

Good luck with the rest of your application, I'm sure you'll have loads of offers!!

Advice for UKCAT? Get yourself this book.....

Get into Medical School - 600 UKCAT Practice Questions. Includes Full Mock Exam, comprehensive tips, techniques and explanations

I got it from Amazon (about £13) and my 2 kids used it, one applying for Medicine and the other Dentistry!

It is superb and they got good scores in test, which they definitely wouldn't have without the advice and practice available in book.

By the way, I have nothing to gain from recommending this - just passing on some good advice!

Good luck to you all :wink:
Reply 44
Original post by apotoftea
*Cambridge 4 year - unsuccessful
*SGUL GEP - missed GAMSAT cut off so unsuccessful

You may be lucky and get an interview despite missing the gamsat cut off - thats what happened with me!!
I did zero preparation for the gamsat and so wasnt expecting to do well enough. I missed the cut off score by just 2 marks yet i've got an interview on the 19th january :smile:

good luck
Reply 45
My name is JCoffee, and i'm a recovering lurker. I thought it was only fair to give back a little information about myself considering the massive lurkage that I have taken part it (MedicineStalking threads come to mind...).

In any case my situation...

GEM applicant:

Cambridge - Interview 02/12/2010
Imperial - Interview 01/12/2010
Warwick- acknowledged
Leicester - acknowledged

UKCAT 750 ish (I cannot remember the exact average, but I do know that my lowest was 690 [giving me less than full marks for part of the Leicester criteria]).

Any news on St George interviews etc (asking on behalf of a friend)?

Best of luck fellow GEMAs!
Reply 46
Hi guys,

Applied to Warwick, Leicester, Newcastle and KCL. All GEM, all acknowledged but that's about it.

Good luck to you all!
Original post by ity

You may be lucky and get an interview despite missing the gamsat cut off - thats what happened with me!!
I did zero preparation for the gamsat and so wasnt expecting to do well enough. I missed the cut off score by just 2 marks yet i've got an interview on the 19th january :smile:

good luck

Thanks for the optimism but I missed one of the minimum scores so def no interview :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Hi,

Has anyone had an offer or rejection from southampton or know around what date they usually start replying?

Also, anyone get an interview at Oxford or know what the UKCAT cutoff was out of interest?

I've applied for all graduate courses

Birmingham: Interview
Oxford: Rejected
Soton: Acknowledged
Warwick: Acknowledged

Thanks and good luck!
Original post by medicine2011
Hi,

Has anyone had an offer or rejection from southampton or know around what date they usually start replying?

Also, anyone get an interview at Oxford or know what the UKCAT cutoff was out of interest?

I've applied for all graduate courses

Birmingham: Interview
Oxford: Rejected
Soton: Acknowledged
Warwick: Acknowledged

Thanks and good luck!

Soton send out offers from Feb onwards, can be as late as April!

I've finally had my acknowledgment off them :biggrin:
Reply 50
[QUOTE="ity;28798003"]
Original post by apotoftea
*Cambridge 4 year - unsuccessful
*SGUL GEP - missed GAMSAT cut off so unsuccessful

good luck

That's hard to believe.
[QUOTE="bewafa;28806947"]
Original post by ity

That's hard to believe.

Why have you quoted me? :s-smilie: I certainly did GAMSAT prep :smile:
Someone broke the code for a quote and the error has been passed forward in subsequent quotes.

You can see the error above the quote boxes.
Reply 53
Original post by ity

good luck

What are you individual scores? I highly doubt you missed the score but still got an interview. You probably score high enough using the alternate way of calculating the average, which gives section 3 single weighting, and which both SGUL and Notts use. I have an "official" acer score of 60, but if section 3 is given equal weighting with sections 1 and 2 I have a score of 62, so qualify for interview at Notts too, whose cut-off is 61.

Definitely something to bear in mind for future GAMSATers is that Notts and SGUL use both methods to calculate your score, and use your highest.
Interview at both Notts and Peninsula in the new year, so 3 out 3 for me :smile:
Hi Guys,

SGUL - Interview 10/1
KCL - Acknowledged
Barts 4yr - Acknowledged
Barts 5yr - Acknowledged

Has anyone got anything from Kings or Barts yet? I rang and it sounded like we should have got interview offers already if we were going to get them, tell me i misunderstood?!?
Original post by jumpinthehurdles
Hi Guys,

SGUL - Interview 10/1
KCL - Acknowledged
Barts 4yr - Acknowledged
Barts 5yr - Acknowledged

Has anyone got anything from Kings or Barts yet? I rang and it sounded like we should have got interview offers already if we were going to get them, tell me i misunderstood?!?

Nothing from Kings about an interview. Got something from Warwick asking if I'd agree to let them do the joint interview thing they do with Barts, IF I was given an interview. Who did you ring to get the information about us having interviews yet? :s-smilie:
Original post by thisismycatch22
Nothing from Kings about an interview. Got something from Warwick asking if I'd agree to let them do the joint interview thing they do with Barts, IF I was given an interview. Who did you ring to get the information about us having interviews yet? :s-smilie:

It was Barts I rang, the person was quite unhelpful though and not very clear so i may be wrong. Although KCL said something a bit similar. What's this joint interview thing then?
Original post by jumpinthehurdles
It was Barts I rang, the person was quite unhelpful though and not very clear so i may be wrong. Although KCL said something a bit similar. What's this joint interview thing then?

If you've applied to both Barts and Warwick, apparently you can attend just one selection centre for both universities.
"If you apply and are short listed for a place on the A101 MB BS Programme you will be invited to attend a Selection Centre. Barts and The London and Warwick Medical School operate a joint selection process. If you have applied to both medical schools in your UCAS application and you have been short listed by both schools, you will be invited to attend a Selection Centre at either Barts and The London or Warwick Medical School. You will receive separate decisions from the two schools. Our decision to invite you is based on your UCAS application and UKCAT score. Those who do not meet our entry criteria will NOT be interviewed even if they score very highly on the UKCAT."

I'm not sure whether it means it's just one interview with people from both schools, or whether you have two interviews at the same place.

Did you make it clear you were GEP? I think people applying for the five year do have some interviews coming out
Original post by thisismycatch22
If you've applied to both Barts and Warwick, apparently you can attend just one selection centre for both universities.
"If you apply and are short listed for a place on the A101 MB BS Programme you will be invited to attend a Selection Centre. Barts and The London and Warwick Medical School operate a joint selection process. If you have applied to both medical schools in your UCAS application and you have been short listed by both schools, you will be invited to attend a Selection Centre at either Barts and The London or Warwick Medical School. You will receive separate decisions from the two schools. Our decision to invite you is based on your UCAS application and UKCAT score. Those who do not meet our entry criteria will NOT be interviewed even if they score very highly on the UKCAT."

I'm not sure whether it means it's just one interview with people from both schools, or whether you have two interviews at the same place.

Did you make it clear you were GEP? I think people applying for the five year do have some interviews coming out

Yeah I think so, I've applied for both so I told him that.

Do you think my chances are good with a 2:i and a 750 in my UKCAT. School grades aren't amazing though but that's all in the past!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending