Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahogany)
    Awh just got rejected at KCL
    Wasn't my first choice, but I didn't expect the rejection as the entry requirements for me was 7 as an average overall mark and I was predicted an 8...:beard:
    Nevermind, they made a mistake (didn't receive the predicted grades or something) and are now going to reconsider my application

ReputationRep:
    got an offer for surrey today for ABB, very happy although i hope i get the grades now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veeebz)
    got an offer for surrey today for ABB, very happy although i hope i get the grades now
    Me too! Got back from work, and there it was I'm so happy right now Hmmm, only worry is getting an A in Chemistry..

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I got offered AAB but still happy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brunutti123)
    Ahh I got offered AAB but still happy!!
    Ouch I already have two B's which means I HAVE to get an A in Chemistry... which is a tall order :/ What subjects are you taking? If you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethBeth)
    Ouch I already have two B's which means I HAVE to get an A in Chemistry... which is a tall order :/ What subjects are you taking? If you don't mind me asking?
    Oh wow unlucky...
    biology maths and psychology how come you already have 2 bs :O

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow unlucky...
    Ouch, Maths! I suck at maths I finished 6th Form last year, but didn't know what I wanted to do at the time. I realised in May/June what I wanted to do, so tried clearing for Dietetics, which was a bit impossible So I'm doing Chemistry this year and working

ReputationRep:
    got an offer from chester!
    interview tips helped loads, so thankss

ive put coventry as my firm and chester as my insurance,

what about everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    hi i got an offer from chester too but i have put coventry and my firm and queen margarets as my insurance

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow unlucky...
    Does that mean you didn't do chemistry at all for A level, or did you do it for AS?

Cause I'm hoping to apply for dietetics next year and I have taken Biology, Psychology, English Lit and PE, and I'm hoping to drop PE as AS.

I got As in my biology and psychology january modules, and I personally think that I will get AABB at the end of my ASs. Do you think universities would accept me if I havent done chemitry, cause not all of the unis specified chemistry.

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minniecat)
    Does that mean you didn't do chemistry at all for A level, or did you do it for AS?

Cause I'm hoping to apply for dietetics next year and I have taken Biology, Psychology, English Lit and PE, and I'm hoping to drop PE as AS.

I got As in my biology and psychology january modules, and I personally think that I will get AABB at the end of my ASs. Do you think universities would accept me if I havent done chemitry, cause not all of the unis specified chemistry.

Yeah they will, it's probably a good idea for you to ask them about it though. In some places they like you to have taken chemistry at AS, so maybe you could consider taking it at AS level in year 13 if the uni's you're applying to want you to have it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minniecat)

I didn't do chemistry for the whole A level I only did it for an AS and then dropped it at the end of year 12.
    To be honest, if I had been better at it I would have kept it because most places want it.
    I think I had a choice of 6 universities in the whole country that would take me without chemistry, so if theres any way you can get it, do it.
    But it doesn't mean that if you don't do it, you can't do dietetics.. if you see what I mean!!
    Hope that helps x

ReputationRep:
    finally, got a rjection from nottingham, firmed coventry and put a deposit on a room at callice court very excited so who else is firming cov??

ReputationRep:
    finally, got a rjection from nottingham, firmed coventry and put a deposit on a room at callice court very excited so who else is firming cov??
    How did you do that? I've applied for accomodation in coventry too but was told they weren't making any offers until after exam results in august?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smaij)
    How did you do that? I've applied for accomodation in coventry too but was told they weren't making any offers until after exam results in august?
    hi i have put down coventry as my firm too!! i really hope i get the grades!! i haven't been able to put a deposit down on accommodation, i was only able to do the thing on the computer to say if you want an en suite or not?!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsophiexmx)
    hi i have put down coventry as my firm too!! i really hope i get the grades!! i haven't been able to put a deposit down on accommodation, i was only able to do the thing on the computer to say if you want an en suite or not?!!!
    Same, I'll be gutted if I don't get the grades, I'm so excited! Hopefully I'll see you there . Yeah that's what I did but was a bit annoyed we couldn't just put down where we want to go, like a first and second choice or something. I'm hoping for a room in Trinity, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    well i went ot the uni to look at the places and they said that the university website thingy only deals with liberty rooming which is uni accomodation but i wanted to be in unite accomodation so there was one room left available at callice court so went ahead and put a deposit down

ReputationRep:
    well i went ot the uni to look at the places and they said that the university website thingy only deals with liberty rooming which is uni accomodation but i wanted to be in unite accomodation so there was one room left available at callice court so went ahead and put a deposit down
    oh, that makes sense, thanks veeebz

ReputationRep:
    oh lol, my name is vibha by the way
    just thought it would be nice for you to know so we can get to know each other before we get there

ReputationRep:
    i'm hoping for an en-suite accommodation! and vibha hello

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.