Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most embarrassing songs you listen to!? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Simon and Garfunkel. Which I don't think is embarrassing in itself, since Simon wrote some classic songs, but it's not exactly 'cool'

But.....awesome, no?

I also used to love Hanson, and have retained a liking for a few of their songs, particularly Penny and Me

And....Crazy Beautiful. How about that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbTxP1zaWt8

Though I'm quite disturbed that they all seemed to get married when they were about 17 and have hundreds of children...religious I'll bet :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    It has to be Hannah Montana - Best of both worlds.
    I started listening to it because I needed a song for my cheerleading routine (Im a cheerleading teacher ) and now the song just cheers me up whenever I hear it so I just keep it on my mp3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Gabrielle - dreams can come true
    Among a few others..
    Dont listen to it all the time by any means, will never pick it out of my itunes list.. but if it does come up.. i wont skip it..

+rep because I youtubed that song and it put me in a good mood
    Haven't listen to that song in ages...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    Following an entirely different thread on here: Charmaine - Plan B.

It's awesome. Terrible. Awesome.

Also, I have seen McFly live.
    I've seen N'dubz live.
    My ears have yet to recover.
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glennith)
    I've seen N'dubz live.
    My ears have yet to recover.
    :cool:
    Gosh. How did you end up in that situation? Was it through choice?!

ReputationRep:

Not sure whether to be embarrassed or not, it is definitely a tune.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gernumblies)
    This is nothing to be ashamed of.

Are we sharing an iTunes library right now?

(That's a good idea, I may do that.)
    Great minds think alike

ReputationRep:
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alt__x)
    Why on earth would you be embarrassed by this? I have been to see them live numerous times. I have been right at the front screaming "I LOOOOVEEE YOOOOUU" and I cried when I touched Danny's hand. I am fully planning on going to their above the noise tour.

I say this with pride.
    I'm a tall strapping lad who quite often listens to metal, who went to see them by myself because I couldn't find anyone to go with me. I didn't get to touch Danny's hand though. I bought a t shirt, it never did fit me but it was the biggest they had.

The ticket tout assumed that I'd be wanting to sell my ticket. The look of incredulity was amazing. "Are you actually going in there??" he said to me as I strolled merrily past him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    Danger Zone.
    How can that be a guilty pleasure? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenomorph v2.1)
    I thought it would be interesting to share the most embarrassing songs we listen to (or have it stored somewhere deep in our music collection)?

Could be anything, doesn't necessarily have to be songs that are widely considered to be embarrassing, could be a popular song/artist but just that you're embarrassed to openly admit to listening...basically your guilty pleasures!

I'll start it off:

Pocket of sunshine - Natasha Bedingfield
    Starry Eyed - Ellie Goulding :dance: .......:no:
    Parachute - Cheryl Cole :facepalm:
    It's Raining Hillary Duff

But rest assured, that is only 4 out of an otherwise very cool music collection of ~5000 songs :pierre:

Your turn!
    i like Parachute too...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else a fan of Bryan Adams? And I'm not just talking about Summer of '69!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ***Frann***)
    Anyone else a fan of Bryan Adams? And I'm not just talking about Summer of '69!!
    I'm not...but in another guilty pleasure, I really really like the DJ Sammy version of Heaven. The slow version.

Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    ... doubt he'll ever actually reach it either.
    you think he will be assassinated?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    Probably a thread on this buried somewhere, but my guiltiest of pleasures would be:

Backstreet Boys -- The Call
    I love the Call - Me and my Bro actuually put it on the Jukebox in the pub the other night. YOu could tell we'd had a few too many!!

My other guilty Pleasure is 'Aqua - Cartoon Heros!!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)

Not sure whether to be embarrassed or not, it is definitely a tune.
    O.M.G - I used to have Stacie Orrico's ALbum and listen to it all the time!!! Haven't heard it in YEARS!!! Itunes here i come!!.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KvBhasgotabigwilly)
    whitney houston, elton john, taylor swift, atomic kitten, avril lavigne, billy ocean, blue, westlife, boyzone, celine dion, the coors, demi lovato, frankie vallie, gloria gayner, some eurovision songs ,miley cyrus , phyllis nelson

some are honestly too embarrassing to admit tho
    there is nothing embarassing about listening to avril lavigne especially her early stuff from her let go album. there's some really good music on that album.

but I totally agree with taylor swift, blue, westlife, eurovision and miley cyrus.

personally I have an obsession with man I feel like a woman by shania twain.

when no one is around I turn the volume right up and sing into my remote control and jump up and down and go crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyBeautiful)
    Simon and Garfunkel. Which I don't think is embarrassing in itself, since Simon wrote some classic songs, but it's not exactly 'cool'

But.....awesome, no?

I also used to love Hanson, and have retained a liking for a few of their songs, particularly Penny and Me

And....Crazy Beautiful. How about that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbTxP1zaWt8

Though I'm quite disturbed that they all seemed to get married when they were about 17 and have hundreds of children...religious I'll bet :gasp:

Simon and Garfunkel are possibly the most well-regarded folk band of all time, and with good reason. Don't EVER be embarrassed of listening to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    I'm not...but in another guilty pleasure, I really really like the DJ Sammy version of Heaven. The slow version.

Sorry.
    OMG! Same
    In fact, I'm just gonna come clean - here is the entire contents of my private album on iTunes:
    -The Thumbelina soundtrack
    -The Anastacia (disney) soundtrack
    -Heaven was needing a hero, by Jo de Messina
    -I'm already there, by Lonestar
    -The shrek soundtrack
    -Wires, by Athlete
    -What is love?, by Haddaway
    -Courage is, by the Strange Familiars
    -The Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat soundtrack
    -'Stand in the rain' and 'Courage', by Superchic[k]
    -My immortal, by evanescense
    -Nothing compares, by Sinead O'connor
    -Bright eyes, by Simon and Garfunkel
    -A selective range of Robbie!

the list goes on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    Probably a thread on this buried somewhere, but my guiltiest of pleasures would be:

Backstreet Boys -- The Call, and Everybody (Backstreet's Back)
    I love The Call! Why was it never number one... didnt it just drop of theface of themusical earth before its time?! Epic song, in fact I have to you tube it. Immediately. Thanks for rekindling the love!

Oh and its impossible to keep still or refrain from at least mouthing the words to ANY backstreet song. ANY.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.