Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He is perfect in every way... except he's ugly Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sisely)
    I'm a girl and personally I wouldn't because you can't kiss or shag a personality
    All you imagine yourself doing in a relationship is sex and kissing? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [Shadowplay])
    No but you're not just going to talk about each others feelings etc all the time as well as the emotional side of being in a relationship the physical is just as important otherwise it wouldn't be a relationship it would be a friendship

ReputationRep:
    I probably wouldn't go out with an ugly girl who was "perfect" in every other way.

Unless I was drunk, then I probably would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [Shadowplay])
    Yeahhh boii! :sexface:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    What am I supposed to do?
    He is very intelligent, ambitious, cool, funny, sensitive, sociable but also quiet, deep, interesting
    but he's not very good looking...
    girls, would you go out with your perfect match if he was about 4/10?
    Been there, done that and I just couldnt date him. Yes, it's shallow but what can you do?

ReputationRep:
    no you can't.
    I met a guy who was nice, intelligent, quite good looking, (etc...) except he was TOO kind. Consequently, a bit boring. If there's something, even a little little, you don't like about him, then he's not the good one, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    If someone has a decent sense of humour and a hearty chuckle, irrespective of whether i find them attractive to begin with, I will want to make love to them.
    It works the opposite way too, however.
    • TSR Support Team

If you ain't sure don't mess the poor lad around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TinFish)
    Girls would. Guys wouldn't

Not really true.

OP - No I wouldn't. If I wanted someone to be my partner, I'd have to be sexually attracted to them. Otherwise it's just glorified friendship :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I must be a bit of a weirdo but to me people become more attractive physically the more attractive I find their personality. IDK, if it bothers you that much, don't go out with him.

ReputationRep:
    He must be on TSR if he's perfect :yep:. So I'll just sit here and wait for the "I love her but I'm ugly" thread which should pop up any minute now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What am I supposed to do?
    He is very intelligent, ambitious, cool, funny, sensitive, sociable but also quiet, deep, interesting
    but he's not very good looking...
    girls, would you go out with your perfect match if he was about 4/10?
    Personalities never fade, looks do.

We're hardwired to find attractive people attractive and unattractive people, well, unattractive. Don't be hard on yourself because he fits all your emotional/social/personality criteria but not your physical, that's not your fault, that's just life.

You might as well try the relationship. The more you like him the less important looks will be. If looks were the be all and end all of everything, 'ugly' people wouldn't have partners, get married or have kids.

SAME situation
    and my friends think he's creepy, cause he was very flirty with me and said cheesy stuff

but then i wonder if he was more good looking perhaps they'd see him as charming.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.