Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has your school closed for snow? Watch

Announcements
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    There's over 55 schools in the local area that are closed around here, and 4 others with delayed openings....but not my daughter's school, no that remains open. So I had to brave the elements to take her this morning.

ReputationRep:
    I was supposed to be doing placement at an ambulance station 40 miles away, and I was supposed to be in there for 6.30 this morning. I live in Bristol and when I got up at 4.30 it was snowing. I haven't gone in as more snow is forcast for later on and I don't wanna be stuck up there not being able to drive back. Also there were snow drifts on the M4 and M5, its not worth the risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planetearth)
    Of course not.

It's like 1cm of snow.
    same

ReputationRep:
    :snowman:It's been snowing here constantly for about 4 or 5 hours.

My school's website says it's open, but I wasn't able to get in. The bus took forever to come, the traffic was murderous and I simply lost the will to go to school (not that I wanted to go in the first place).

I can't imagine what it would've been like coming home; there are already roadworks in the direction my bus comes from, and with added snow... :coma:

ReputationRep:
    We've got about 10 inches so yes (: And it's still snowing heavily

ReputationRep:
    its not closed but most people who went yesterday had 1 or 0 lessons because so few teachers had been able to get there and they actually used teachers who were meant to be teaching sixth form lessons to cover the lower schools lessons!
    so I'm not going today whats the point

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and to be honest i'm quite bored

ReputationRep:
    no, about 3-4 inches of snow
    but im not going in
    everyone from the island cant get in as the trains arnt running so half the school wont be there anyway.

ReputationRep:
    My school was still open but I couldn't get in because the buses wren't running.

Revising at home instead, I'm living the high life -_-

ReputationRep:
    my school hasnt closed but most of the teachers havent made it in as it sooo bad where they live... brrrrrrrrrrr and it freezing as heatin crap and our windows r old and let cold air through

ReputationRep:
    Thankfully my school has closed 2 day but the rest r open!

ReputationRep:
    im home schooled so snow doesnt really effect me but my monkey little brothers have their school closed and now theyre running around causing havoc in the home because they think they're Iron Man and Venom.

ReputationRep:
    lol that funny lolzzzzz

ReputationRep:
    Mine's shut. We live in the peak district so we usually get the worst of the snow here.

ReputationRep:
    we have no snow. it's just freezing cold

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been at school since thursday LOVELY

ReputationRep:
    Every school in the Lothians, Edinburgh and Fife were closed yesterday and today :O Crazy stuff.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samanthaaaa)
    My shoes don't have good grip It's a good thing I'm off today then! :p:
    Luckily I had boots

ReputationRep:
    err nope, not uni nor upper secondary school and everything else. Here in Sweden we get snow every year and even though it was a bit early this year and trains and stuff are delayed life still goes on in the bittersweet cold.

taking the bike through the snow today was probably a bad idea, got to my driving school completely frozen though I didn't fall! browniepoints for moi!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, my school announced it was closed at about 10 to 7 which is pretty surprizing as we normally have a "every other school in derbyshire is close but we're going to stay open even though it's clearly unsafe to come to school" policy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.