Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Make friends on the tsr? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Unfortunately not :sad:
    Had the day off work due to snow. Don't really fancy picking up hedge-cuttings when they're under snow, would be a tad chilly.
    OMG :O you have such a low job. !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.)
    OMG :O you have such a low job. !!!
    ...thank you?

It's not always that bad. I spend most of my time knocking up concrete and carrying heavy stuff around, it's only on the odd day that we do maintenance work.

ReputationRep:
    ...thank you?

It's not always that bad. I spend most of my time knocking up concrete and carrying heavy stuff around, it's only on the odd day that we do maintenance work.

Sorry! Maybe you should work inside.Its cold! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.)
    Sorry! Maybe you should work inside.Its cold! :rolleyes:
    It's not that cold. I just went outside for a smoke in my dressing gown :fyi:
    No boxers either :sexface:

Indoor work is harder to find that outdoor work. Given the job that we do, indoor work very rarely comes our way. I've been working for my dad on and off since I was 14, and in the past year and a half I've been working for him near enough full-time. We've done one indoor job in all that time.

Can you two stop trolling over my topic....thanks

ReputationRep:
    It's not that cold. I just went outside for a smoke in my dressing gown :fyi:
    No boxers either :sexface:

Indoor work is harder to find that outdoor work. Given the job that we do, indoor work very rarely comes our way. I've been working for my dad on and off since I was 14, and in the past year and a half I've been working for him near enough full-time. We've done one indoor job in all that time.
    Have you got any qualifiactions?
    Are you...poor :confused:

(Original post by Miss.)
    seriously this is last time ill say this or i will have to report you to a mod
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    thank you
    Im laughing. :rolleyes:

You havn't even said it once.....
    -_-

Go back to SL££P

OK and dont wake up lol

ReputationRep:
    I just go on chatrooms when i want to make friends. I dont know exactly what it means but someone told me the 'secret' to making friends in the chatrooms is to write the following phrase: "13/f/uk lookin 4 a new friend with a big one to meet up some time". I always make loads of new online friends when i say that.

ReputationRep:
    thank you
    Hahaha! It's cool.

(Original post by Miss.)
    GCSE Qualifications:
    English Language: A
    English Literature: B (got the highest coursework mark in my year, so I must've ****ed up the exam. Oops)
    Geography: A
    History: B
    Maths: C
    DT: E (no-one took it seriously. Was a laugh though)
    French: D (why would I need French anyway?)

AS-Levels:
    Archaeology: U ( :ahee: )
    Philosophy: E
    Classical Civilisations: D (I think)
    ICT: C
    English Literature: D
    Modern History: C

Finished A-Levels:
    Classical Civilisations: D

Worth noting that I spent my first year of college stoned, and the second year in bed with my then-girlfriend. Considering those factors, I'd say I done fairly well out of it. I enjoyed myself at college, and I count that far higher above getting a piece of paper with some letters on.
    Never had plans to go to Uni.

I have an N64, PS1, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox 360 (with Live), several Gameboy Colours (dad's got one, brothers got one, I've got one) and Gameboy Advance.
    Internet (obviously), and Sky+HD multi-room.
    I've also got my own laptop, plus a camera which I'm desperate to use to take a photo of the massive icicle hanging above my neighbours doorway but the sodding thing is out of battery again.
    I've got a decent phone (not an iPhone or anything like that, but it's not a Nokia 3310 either.

And yes, I come from a working class family. I wouldn't exactly say that makes us poor though.

The reason I'm working for my dad is because I came out of college during the middle of a recession. There were no jobs around at that time so I started out on the dole, then about 9 months later started working with dad.
    Is it hard work? Yes. Do I loathe it sometimes? Yes.
    Do we have a laugh while we're at work and is it damn good exercise? Yes.
    I get to smoke while I work (something most people can't do) and listen to the radio.
    Ultimately, I'm content with what I do. It pays for my baccy, beer, other substances, phone credit, keep, and still gives me enough left over for other luxuries. I've got almost a grand on the other side of my room and half of that in the bank. That doesn't include savings. Next year I'll be moving in with some mates.

So in answer to your question; we're not really poor, we're just your typical working class bods. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

yeah well i dont go onto chatrooms for that... lots of perves

anyway...

thank you
      *facepalm*

lol need some control dont i

ReputationRep:
      lol need some control dont i
      Yes you do

ReputationRep:
      Hahaha! It's cool.

GCSE Qualifications:
      English Language: A
      English Literature: B (got the highest coursework mark in my year, so I must've ****ed up the exam. Oops)
      Geography: A
      History: B
      Maths: C
      DT: E (no-one took it seriously. Was a laugh though)
      French: D (why would I need French anyway?)

AS-Levels:
      Archaeology: U ( :ahee: )
      Philosophy: E
      Classical Civilisations: D (I think)
      ICT: C
      English Literature: D
      Modern History: C

Finished A-Levels:
      Classical Civilisations: D

Worth noting that I spent my first year of college stoned, and the second year in bed with my then-girlfriend. Considering those factors, I'd say I done fairly well out of it. I enjoyed myself at college, and I count that far higher above getting a piece of paper with some letters on.
      Never had plans to go to Uni.

I have an N64, PS1, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox 360 (with Live), several Gameboy Colours (dad's got one, brothers got one, I've got one) and Gameboy Advance.
      Internet (obviously), and Sky+HD multi-room.
      I've also got my own laptop, plus a camera which I'm desperate to use to take a photo of the massive icicle hanging above my neighbours doorway but the sodding thing is out of battery again.
      I've got a decent phone (not an iPhone or anything like that, but it's not a Nokia 3310 either.

And yes, I come from a working class family. I wouldn't exactly say that makes us poor though.

The reason I'm working for my dad is because I came out of college during the middle of a recession. There were no jobs around at that time so I started out on the dole, then about 9 months later started working with dad.
      Is it hard work? Yes. Do I loathe it sometimes? Yes.
      Do we have a laugh while we're at work and is it damn good exercise? Yes.
      I get to smoke while I work (something most people can't do) and listen to the radio.
      Ultimately, I'm content with what I do. It pays for my baccy, beer, other substances, phone credit, keep, and still gives me enough left over for other luxuries. I've got almost a grand on the other side of my room and half of that in the bank. That doesn't include savings. Next year I'll be moving in with some mates.

So in answer to your question; we're not really poor, we're just your typical working class bods. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
      Awwwww im so sorry if I hurt your feelings.
      Anyway intresting having a convo with you

geez...

ReputationRep:
      I have been roaming around the forum for a while now and so far I have managed to make friends wiv only one person.

ReputationRep:
      lolololol losSERRRRRSS

:cool:
      (Original post by bansheeee*)
      lolololol losSERRRRRSS
      lol look at your face ! Losser...geez people these days

ps this thread is dead mods you can close it now

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.