Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Physics and I'm up for 5 days! 12th - 17th. This seemed awfully long to me, but my mind is more at ease now I've seen his thread. Anyone got an interview at St Edmunds at that time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ceecee)
    12th - 14th at Keble , anyone else similar ?
    11th to 16th Keble Computer Science excited already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeed)
    SAME! well i've just finished one of them. They're both quite short too. what are your books? are they in French?
    I'm so underprepared I feel like a joke.
    Samee glad I'm not the only one feeling underprepared - I have an interview for Chemistry on the 12th and I still need to reread 2 half finished books on my personal statement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salliana23)
    Samee glad I'm not the only one feeling underprepared - I have an interview for Chemistry on the 12th and I still need to reread 2 half finished books on my personal statement
    I need to re-read two books. By Tuesday. And I can't get one of them. :banghead:

I may just have to re-read the plot synopsis on Wikipedia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    Applying for Physics and I'm up for 5 days! 12th - 17th. This seemed awfully long to me, but my mind is more at ease now I've seen his thread. Anyone got an interview at St Edmunds at that time?
    bloody hell! 5 nights!? that seems outrageously long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeed)
    bloody hell! 5 nights!? that seems outrageously long.
    Hmm. I'm there for six days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sempiternitas)
    Hmm. I'm there for six days.
    Holy moly! Good Luck!

I will be staying from Sunday -Tuesday, maybe till Wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.I)
    Holy moly! Good Luck!

Ooh same! Which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizDay)
    Ooh same! Which college?
    Balliol!

You?

ReputationRep:
    I'm there from the 7th to the 10th/11th...going down the night before because I'm travelling alll the way from 'THE NORTH' hehe. Also, do you think that the evening activities will be compulsory? I planned to meet up with some friends I met at an Oxford Summer school whilst I'm down there, but they're not at the same college as me, so if we have to do 'planned evening activities' I won't get to see them which will be a shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.I)
    Holy moly! Good Luck!

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.I)
    Balliol!

You?
    Ahhh, St. Hugh's. Looking forward to it now, but I'm sure as it get's closer the excitement will turn into dread!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, St. Hugh's. Looking forward to it now, but I'm sure as it get's closer the excitement will turn into dread!
    I know, I'm really nervous but super excited too

Good Luck!

How much stuff will you be bringing? Should I bring a duvet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.I)
    I know, I'm really nervous but super excited too

Good Luck!

How much stuff will you be bringing? Should I bring a duvet?
    I wasn't going to bring a duvet, but I didn't think of it! :P

I was just gonna bring a backpack with clothes, toiletries, books, etc.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't going to bring a duvet, but I didn't think of it! :P

I was just gonna bring a backpack with clothes, toiletries, books, etc.
    Thanks! I might bring an extra big bag - might as well do my Christmas shopping there :P

ReputationRep:
    You dont need duvets/covers etc - all supplied. Food is free and pretty good (at Worcester anyway), ie cooked breakfast and roast dinners. Activities are meet and greet, quiz in uni bar etc and not compulsory. Some first years have been roped in to play host/hostess. The general feeling is that as Oxfors is so over subscribed this year its unlikely you' ll get passed on to another college. No snow in Oxford atm but freezing fog so take warm clothes.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalaberlin)
    11th to 16th Keble Computer Science excited already?
    Very !

ReputationRep:
    I'm up at Magdalen for Computer Science from 12th to the 15th.

Anyone else at Magdalen around this time?

Or applying to Computer Science and want to share ideas on what might happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gazaaaa99)
    I'm up at Magdalen for Computer Science from 12th to the 15th.

Anyone else at Magdalen around this time?

Or applying to Computer Science and want to share ideas on what might happen?

I'm applying for computer science and I'm excited and scaaared, but more excited though how are you feeling? I'm realising that they only offer around 20 places per year, so the pressure is on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalaberlin)
    I'm applying for computer science and I'm excited and scaaared, but more excited though how are you feeling? I'm realising that they only offer around 20 places per year, so the pressure is on
    I am feeling very excited but scared as well! I'm sure it will be fun and a great experience even if we don't get in though, so I'm more excited than scared as well
    I assume the 20 places is the college you have applied to as I hope Oxford as a whole accept more than 20 applicants
    You are lucky then, I submitted an open application and was assigned to Magdalen, who take 2-3 applicants each year!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.