Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The only one I like is Charbonnell et Walker made with milk.

(Original post by linkdapink)
      If you mix melted chocolate with milk, or even water, you get this sort of goopy mess. I THINK it works alright with condensed milk, but I've never had a success with milk and chocolate.
      If you heat the milk in a pan and then add in the chocolate (whilst still on the heat) and let it melt in to liquid and stir lots it works (always works for me anyway) the smaller you can get the pieces of chocolate the better, my friends grates it in whereas I often just use a bag of chocolate chips.

(Original post by OnlyMe!)
      After trying Cafe Nero's "hot chocolate Milano", other hot chocolates (especially powder ones), don't taste so good in comparison.

Never been a huge fan of Cadbury's nor Options hot chocolate, the one by Twinings is mediocre and I've recently purchased some by Spanish chocolate which is meant to be "like drinking chocolate". It's thick, yes, but doesn't taste of anything regardless of how much you put in!

So yes, I'm still on the search for a thick, bittersweet hot chocolate that I can make at home!
      Have you tried this stuff http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/hot-chocolate-CHCLiquid/

ReputationRep:
      Green and blacks, ohh myyyy. I can never get it to stay warm for long though, so it get drunk very quickly

ReputationRep:
      Malteasers one! tis a pound out of pound land!

ReputationRep:
      White hot chocolate is the best, with cream and chocolate sprinkles! It's just so expensive, and quite hard to come by around here...

ReputationRep:
      Has anyone tried cadburys hot chocolate chunks

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
      Will it work if I melt chocolate chunks in milk?
      Don't know about plain chocolate, but I just made white hot chocolate.. 150g white chocolate bar melted, and 500ml milk. I added 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp cinnamon too, but tasted yummy either way. You could try it with plain chocolate..

(Original post by Zebrastripes)
        Don't know about plain chocolate, but I just made white hot chocolate.. 150g white chocolate bar melted, and 500ml milk. I added 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp cinnamon too, but tasted yummy either way. You could try it with plain chocolate..
        I was thinking quite plain dark chocolate.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by mary21)
        Whitards of Chelsea

SERIOUSLY...ITS AMAZING!
        :ditto:

ReputationRep:
        mmm I like the Co-ops own brand cocoa powder, with soy milk (it's creamier), a wee drip of vanilla and tons of sugar. I just like to have all the sugar left at the bottom of the cup when you're finished

ReputationRep:
        The ones from Whittard are pretty good, they come in different flavours - dark, milk, strawberry etc

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en...w=1366&bih=667

ReputationRep:
        Aero mint hot chocolate :sogood:

ReputationRep:
        The fair-trade Cadbury's is really good

And morally satisfying

ReputationRep:
        Horlicks is quite nice

ReputationRep:
        Malteasers!

But kind of off topic, ASOS sent me an Aero sachet the other day :woo:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Guy Secretan)
        Has anyone tried cadburys hot chocolate chunks
        YES! Theyre so good by themselves not mixed into hot milk though:eating::eating:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by linkdapink)
        If you mix melted chocolate with milk, or even water, you get this sort of goopy mess. I THINK it works alright with condensed milk, but I've never had a success with milk and chocolate.
        This is very late but if you warm milk in a pan and break chocolate up into it, while stirring with a wooden spoon, it makes gorgeous hot chocolate ^^

ReputationRep:
        Grab a choclate bar (yorkie or dairy milk). Put in cup, pour milk over, nuke, stir and enjoy

ReputationRep:
        Skinny Cow :sogood:

ReputationRep:
        The one sold in the Università di Pavia bar. Man, that stuff is epic -- it's basically just melted chocolate in a glass; you either eat it with a spoon, or spend a long time waiting for it to ooze out of the glass. :^_^: Well worth it for €2,50

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.