Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do women find playing the guitar attractive? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It WAS attractive for me, but after breaking up with my bf, who was in a "band", and after hanging out with all of his "talented" friends I find all of this "music" bull**** a little repulsive. On the other hand I must say, playing guitar helped him, but horrible personality can ruin everything, and talent won't help you there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartimplode)
    Hell yes! imo it's oh so attractive :drool:

How about the other way round.. do guys find it attractive if a girl plays the guitar?
    to be honest i dont (unless thier worse than that me :P)... but if a girl can sing... and we can jam... then we can do all sorts of other things...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliF)
    It WAS attractive for me, but after breaking up with my bf, who was in a "band", and after hanging out with all of his "talented" friends I find all of this "music" bull**** a little repulsive. On the other hand I must say, playing guitar helped him, but horrible personality can ruin everything, and talent won't help you there.
    well im not going to use it as an excuse... lol

ReputationRep:
    Nope i don't, but im sure lots of other girls do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrCinderella)
    yeah...so... ive been playing guitar for about 7 years now and not to brag or anything, but i am pretty good... but ive never used it to "get" girls. people i know are starting to learn to play the guitar becasue theywant to atract girls... ive never really boasted about playing the guitar.
    so girls... do you find it attractive?
    and guys... how do you then go about "seducing" with a guitar?
    It depends what you play... what do you play?

If it's Metallica, then no. Not sexy at all.
    But if it was say, Placebo's Post Blue, then yes, a thousand times yes. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloudrunner)
    Oh so you play too? I'd love to, I really would, its just my skin is so soft that I kept getting blisters which then meant I had to abandon ship for a few days- and my dad is so impatient - he does backing tracks for big names. I love writing songs you see, usually I use my keyboard but the guitar is so much better for that sort of thing, and the sound I want. Ha less Alesha keys and more kings of leon :-)
    I think the only way is to go through the pain for a few months untill you develop hard skin. Keep playing when you have blisters.

ReputationRep:
    I learnt the tabs for Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doubledot)
    Drummers ftw.
    :woo: drummers represent :rock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)

But if it was say, Placebo's Post Blue, then yes, a thousand times yes. :sexface:
    Surely it's not the same without Mr Molko on vocals though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lyqBHiuYIg

a blond haired, blue eyed, clean shaven version of this (without the singing)... would get you going? ;P

ReputationRep:
    I think playing the guitar adds something interesting/admirable to your personality but I doubt anyone would get with you just because you play XD

ReputationRep:
    yeeeeeeeees xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrCinderella)
    to be honest i dont (unless thier worse than that me :P)... but if a girl can sing... and we can jam... then we can do all sorts of other things...
    Lol haha good point xx

ReputationRep:
    "Guitar players" are a dime a dozen. It would only make you more attractive to me if you were really good and played music I liked to listen to, otherwise it'd just be a bit 'meh'.

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine it is attractive until they find out that you use your guitar to play prog metal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosee92)
    I think a guy who plays any instrument is attractive, but guitar/drums especially so!
    If a guy could knock out a half decent Metallica/BFMV rhythm on his guitar I'd be half way to dragging him home haha
    I can play the solo of 'Fade to Black'.

Just sayin'. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosee92)
    :sexface:

Synyster Gates of Avenged Sevenfold, am I correct?
    Indeed you are :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc1000)
    I'd imagine it is attractive until they find out that you use your guitar to play prog metal.
    ergh... nightmare...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Nah, sorry would you be impressed if I told you that I played the triangle very well indeed?
    i think i would be very intimidated by your extensive musical talent...

ReputationRep:
    If I already like you and you can play the guitar well then its incredibly sexy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.