Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouLou815)
    Edit: Ok, what I first wrote was completely wrong! Just updated on Twitter:
    Ah someone on the Download forums told me it would be about half hour after Download's announcement. Don't know where they got that from.

Hmm...Blink 182 posted on their twitter saying something along the lines of if you missed getting tickets for the UK tour keep an eye out tomorrow around 5pm. I think that safely counts Download out with their announcement not being until 7.45. But it's possible for Sonisphere as the announcement time isn't far off. There's also speculation it could be Oxegen and T though as they have no Scotland or Ireland dates on tour. Or it could just be adding a couple of extra tour dates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    Ah someone on the Download forums told me it would be about half hour after Download's announcement. Don't know where they got that from.

Hmm...Blink 182 posted on their twitter saying something along the lines of if you missed getting tickets for the UK tour keep an eye out tomorrow around 5pm. I think that safely counts Download out with their announcement not being until 7.45. But it's possible for Sonisphere as the announcement time isn't far off. There's also speculation it could be Oxegen and T though as they have no Scotland or Ireland dates on tour. Or it could just be adding a couple of extra tour dates.
    Blink will no doubt announce a festival, just not sure which one. Oh well, at least I know when to be near my laptop!

ReputationRep:
    Blink will no doubt announce a festival, just not sure which one. Oh well, at least I know when to be near my laptop!
    I'm not too fussed about Blink tbh, saw them at Reading, that's enough.
    I'm bloody working again though during the announcements!

ReputationRep:
    Dave Mustaine just posted on his Twitter:

Just went through a couple weeks of hell arranging something special for summer. Stay tuned! We're going to have some Big shows coming up.
    Big 4 announcements? Would mean having Metallica back again very soon, Anthrax for a third year and Slayer for a second.

Perhaps just Megadeth being announced is more likely.

Kind of hope Blink don't play.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I need to start saving as I want to go to both Download and Sonisphere!

They really do need someone amazing to top Rammstein though, they were fantastic!
    Rammstein were amazing. I've never seen anything like it before. They even outperformed Maiden. I loved last year's festival, so many bands I liked. :moon:

I was tempted to go to Download next year as A7X were announced... Though they're one of my favourite bands, when I saw them in October they weren't particularly good. Plus they played a lot from their latest album which is a little bit crap.

Slipknot though, they're a band I've always wanted to see, even if I'm not into them as much as I was when I was younger. So I guess I've decided already... :woo:

ReputationRep:
    The announcement will suck, but seeing as I write for them and get free tickets, I'll still be going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yituool)
    The announcement will suck, but seeing as I write for them and get free tickets, I'll still be going.
    Please share your knowledge on the 'suckiness' of the next announcement, oh wise one.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too fussed about Blink tbh, saw them at Reading, that's enough.
    I'm bloody working again though during the announcements!
    I do like them, and have seen them before. Not sure how they'd fit at either Soni of DL though. :dontknow: we shall see later on today!

(Original post by aliluvschoc)
    Rammstein were amazing. I've never seen anything like it before. They even outperformed Maiden. I loved last year's festival, so many bands I liked. :moon:

I was tempted to go to Download next year as A7X were announced... Though they're one of my favourite bands, when I saw them in October they weren't particularly good. Plus they played a lot from their latest album which is a little bit crap.

Slipknot though, they're a band I've always wanted to see, even if I'm not into them as much as I was when I was younger. So I guess I've decided already... :woo:
    Soni was amazing last year. Was the first time i'd been and it was better than I thought it was going to be!

DL is a great festival too, though i'll probably wait to see the announcements later to get a better idea of which festival i'd prefer. However, knowing that both Soni and DL will announce some no doubt great bands later, I may have to go to both lol

ReputationRep:
    Turns out 1 headliner tonight and ticketing details. Oh what a tease.
    I thought they were announcing 5/6 bands (depending whether Slipknot were meant to be one of those 6)? Unless they've changed their plans as they intended on announcing Slipknot plus 5 smaller bands, but feel the announcement would be poor with just small bands now so they've opted for another headliner instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Earl Nuce)
    Please share your knowledge on the 'suckiness' of the next announcement, oh wise one.
    I'll give you one clue. It's not System Of A Down.

ReputationRep:
    So System of a Down are the only band playing a festival next year that don't suck?
    Right....

ReputationRep:
    Yes, System of a Down are only playing one festival in the UK this year: Download. That's the basis that the announcement will suck? Only if you just want to see System of a Down.

ReputationRep:
    I thought they were announcing 5/6 bands (depending whether Slipknot were meant to be one of those 6)? Unless they've changed their plans as they intended on announcing Slipknot plus 5 smaller bands, but feel the announcement would be poor with just small bands now so they've opted for another headliner instead?
    =/ Personally i'd prefer the 5/6 smaller bands so i can get a better picture of who will be playing.

ReputationRep:
    'Sonisphere Festival Headliners Announcement the evening of Monday 6th Dec - Something wonderful is about to happen...'

This was after the Slipknot announcement, so expect another headliner and some smaller bands

ReputationRep:
    That i'd be happy with! Not long now and i'll have an idea of how much money needs to be saved for festivals this summer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Earl Nuce)
    Yes, System of a Down are only playing one festival in the UK this year: Download. That's the basis that the announcement will suck? Only if you just want to see System of a Down.
    Meh, I don't even really care for System of A Down. I merely meant that the announcement's just going to be the same old bands we've all seen before. Hellfest and the like offer a far better lineup, with much better value for money.

ReputationRep:
    So System of a Down are the only band playing a festival next year that don't suck?
    Right....
    Refer to my previous post.

ReputationRep:
    Gah, so much for saying on Twitter that the announcement was at 6pm (which as i've just checked, they've now deleted), tis now at 8:30pm apparently! It's also now one headliner as opposed to smaller bands, which sucks. Would be nice if they stuck with what they had said the first time round.

Anyways:
    http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/162598/9

ReputationRep:
    Biffy Clyro to headline most people are saying right now.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Biffy confirmed on Sonisphere website.

Did not see that one coming.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.