Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do if you met a burglar in your house? Watch

• View Poll Results: What would you do if you met a burglar in your house?
    Give in to the demands of the burglar to keep yourself (and possibly others) safe.
    14.93%
    Physically attack the burglar and then call the police.
    60.70%
    Run as fast as you can and call the police.
    11.94%
    Scream loudly to alert people of the situation.
    9.95%
    Faint.
    2.49%

ReputationRep:
    Probably call LAPD, or try to take him/her out with the SPAS12

ReputationRep:
    Smash his ****ing head in

ReputationRep:
    I keep a knife next to my bed. For no special reason. I'd take that, then I'd run at him screaming like I was completely nutters! :ahee:

Well probably not. I don't know what I'd do. Hard to predict. Now if I wasn't a common muggle, and had a wand. Then the answer would be easy :wink:

ReputationRep:
    I have an air rifle, so the ******* would be leaving quite swiftly with a lead pellet lodged in his arse.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably end up just screaming a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I'd look at him disapprovingly and hope he would apologise and put everything back the way it was

ReputationRep:
    Shoot them with a nerf gun.
    Faint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death.)
    Hello mortals.

Recenly my friend was walking home, and while he was just outside of his house he heard the sound of smashing glass. He walked out of his driveway and saw two burglars run away from his house as fast as they could.

They had nearly gained entry to his house with a hammer by smashing a window. They left when they heard him coming and thankfully there was no confrontation.

This left me wondering however, imagine if a burglar confronted/threatened/ or tried to hit you, what would you do?

Would you physically attack him? Comply with all his demands? Just scream?

I would opt for phyiscally attacking him however this would probably have many legal repercussions...

What do you think?
    I would RAPE him. :jiggy: Then I would give him the address of the TSR users I want him to go.

ReputationRep:
    I would run away and alert my neighbours if possible. So scream (well depending if it affected my escape) and run. You could combo "scream" with any of the other options tbh. Probably a screaming assault would be better than one which lacked vocal input, for example.

It's all very well saying "I'd confront them!" but I'm a petite girl, a burglar is likely to be a man. I would sooner be robbed than raped, and I probably wouldn't win in a fight.

Besides which alerting neighbours would probably be enough to scare them off thus also protecting my precious belongings. I get the impression most burglars are skittish. It isn't really in their interest to attack people for no reason.

EDIT: Actually.. one thing I would do before I left is mash the burglar alarm keypad. That way the alarm would go off, again encouraging them to get the hell outta my house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racaha)
    I'd flatly refuse to give him anything if he just walked in. If he was armed it would be another story...
    ye and fists and legs are what?

ReputationRep:
    Presumably the person who voted for 'faint' was Gillian McKeith? :K:

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd probably reach for the air rifle and point it in their face. If they weren't deterred by that I guess it'd make a decent weapon at least.

ReputationRep:
    Another option.

Quickly put it up on 4chan, ask for help, see how many people come over.
    There usually quite good with things when they put their mind to it, so ya never know.

ReputationRep:

Replace 'daughter' with whatever he is stealing, e.g. loo roll, chairs, cutlery etc.

I'd go Liam neeson on his ass. Or hide in a corner and sob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1re)
    ye and fists and legs are what?
    Less likely to kill me than a knife or a gun. :backstab:

ReputationRep:
    if they didn't know where I was:
    Panic
    Breath
    Panic or get my phone, get a weapon, and hide in the cupboard, phoning the police.
    Panic some more.
    Start having a **** (not many burglars would want to stay if they saw me having a ****).

If they saw me I have no idea.
    I think I'd probably do this though:
    Scream, scream, scream some more, and then ask if they want a snowball fight.

ReputationRep:
    I'd start talking with him and try to get to the bottom of his problems so that we could discuss them in an attempt to heal him of wanting to commit crimes.

ReputationRep:
    I think I saw a story on Cracked where an old lady had just this problem - she encountered a burglar in her house. Obviously, being an old lady as she was, she offered him a cup of tea. He accepted and they sat down and had a chat. Once they had finished their tea, the burglar, feeling comfortable, decided to have a nap. The old lady phoned her daughter, as she had promised him already that she wouldn't phone the police, her daughter phoned the police for her and they came and arrested the burglar.

So maybe something like that?

ReputationRep:
    would give him a black eye at the very least...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.