Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Host_Sama)
    Looks like things are starting to kick off. You would think that America would lend a hand to South Korea even if they do have other wars going on already and I am also pretty sure Japan would back South Korea up too. The thing is what would China do? I am sure they would love to jump on North Korea and take some territory to help their devlopment. But also don't you think they would help their fellow Cummunists?
    south korea since they got allies such as the US, china will never join the war without risking war with the US

ReputationRep:
    SK, it would be bloody and an awful hassle mind. It would set SK's economic growth back a bit, what with millions of useless beggers to suddenly feed and all that.

ReputationRep:
    USA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovedubstep)
    China wouldn't support N.Korea, did you see wikileaks?
    I did, but did you?
    As much as the newspapers tried to spin it as such there's not a lot in the actual original cables to suggest that china wouldn't stand behind the north.

ReputationRep:
    Depends who west and east korea choose to support.

ReputationRep:
    North Korea if Sarah Palin becomes president. She'll accidently order a nuke on South Korea. Honestly though, I don't give a **** what happens. South Korea are too heavily reliant on America and Japan. The North Korean army is probably one of the best organised and strongest in the world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOS0_WEuYUU

If anything, if I ruled a country, i'd love to have an army like Kim Jong Il. Too bad he's effectively an *******.

ReputationRep:
    China would NOT let South Korea and the Allies win. It'd be too risky for China as then the USA would be given land by SK so China would not like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Host_Sama)
    Looks like things are starting to kick off. You would think that America would lend a hand to South Korea even if they do have other wars going on already and I am also pretty sure Japan would back South Korea up too. The thing is what would China do? I am sure they would love to jump on North Korea and take some territory to help their devlopment. But also don't you think they would help their fellow Cummunists?
    There's only ever one winner in a confrontation like this............................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ......................... Chuck Norris!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TShadow383)
    I did, but did you?
    As much as the newspapers tried to spin it as such there's not a lot in the actual original cables to suggest that china wouldn't stand behind the north.
    fair enough, i didnt look into the China - N.Korea documents much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyNinja)
    If a war was to start i dont think USA will get involved unless their stupid or Obama was given the nobel peace prize for nothing. USA are already in war and they are not winning at all...Japan will not get involved unless its attacked. China could get involved... if USA or China do get involved i think it will go to World war scale. If USA gets involved then Russia and UK will probably get involved and so on......
    At the end my bet will be they will still be North korea and South Korea
    and who do you think russia would side with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danz69)
    and who do you think russia would side with?
    If USA sides with south korea then russia will obviously side with north korea. It will be a good chance to attack USA as USA will be involved in 2 wars already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    China would NOT let South Korea and the Allies win. It'd be too risky for China as then the USA would be given land by SK so China would not like that.
    China could then just stop trading with America. There won't be any 'made in China' anymore and we'll have to pay more or the labels would come with 'Made in India'

ReputationRep:
    It may sound like a question with an obvious answer but i just read this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11909581

and it seems that N korea has more military personnel, more tanks and more submarines, but S korea spends more on their military.

So who would win and why, and why the imbalance in the stats on the link? Does that mean that north korea has **** military hardware or sometime?

i think S korea would win cos they probably have superior weapons with USA's aid. but if there was a land battle only, or naval battle, wouldn't the S koreans get owned? I mean they have only 13 submarines to N koreas 63!:O

ReputationRep:
    Society.

ReputationRep:
    I think we've had this thread already.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ea%20S%20korea

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like something Harry Hill should be answering.
    "There's only one way to find out. FIGHT!"

Edit: Lol, negged?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badger-man)
    Sounds like something Harry Hill should be answering.
    "There's only one way to find out. FIGHT!"
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Duh! The Best Korea ( North )

ReputationRep:
    South Korea would obviously win as they have a better equiped military and the support of the US. However it is hard to know how difficult the fight would be given it is possible the DPRK forces could surrender immediately given the dire situation most of the nothern population face. However on the other hand, the indoctrination they have faced may mean they would fight a fierce guerrilla battle worse than seen in Afghanistan, Iraq, or even Vietnam (especially considering the vast network of underground weapons stashes and bunkers in North Korea. However I think the more likely scenario is that once the main administation is defeated in NK, the majority of their population would embrace the South Koreans due to their overwhelming wealth and prosperity.

You should read Barbara Demick's book on North Korean defectors called 'Nothing to Envy' this gives an excellent inside account of North Korean society and all its horrors.

ReputationRep:
    Theyre already at war. :/.....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.