Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Religious African Americans are crazy Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amandacalifornia)
    I agree completely, this guy has been a total idiot from the start, best to ignore him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    And I hope you realise that the internet was invented by a Brit, Tim Berners-Lee.
    Oh dear. No it wasn't. He invented the "World Wide Web", not the Internet. There is a difference.

I don't know if you can really say the Internet was invented. It was developed over time. But to be fair most of that development was in the USA. They were the pioneers of it.

ReputationRep:
    That thread title made my day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KellyKellyFan411)
    Like forreal i was walking with my gay bff and this dude was like "EY BOY, NO GAYS (he said the f word) ON MY LAWN". I was like shut up, and so I threw sand at him and he got mad and started yellin at us.

Like forreal religious african americans just take everything in the bible literally like forreal they are more backwards than the Catholic priest in rome
    I've tried to find the link between these two phrases.
    So because he is discrimant he must be religious?
    Were you walking past a church, or did he have a top that said 'I'm religious' on it?

I just don't understand.:confused:

P.s MegaLolz at your frequent use of the word forreal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cassandra_Z)
    I hope you realize that the first internet messages were produced between UCLA and STANFORD which is located in the United States of America.
    wow. People know where those universities are ya'know. its not the United States where you even have to explain what state New York is in........

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bro, forreal.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you realize that the first internet messages were produced between UCLA and STANFORD which is located in the United States of America.
    No they weren't.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, couldn't hear you over the sound of another war that you guys are pedalling
    Burrrrrn :cool:

You guys obviously will not listen or care to hear my opinion since I am an American, so I withdraw myself from this conversation. Since you think we're so stupid and unintelligent and that's what makes you happy then fine, I do not care to argue any further.
    Since you are from Alaska, can you see Russia from your house?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous-)
    No they weren't.
    Then I admit that I am wrong and was given the wrong information. Do you know the correct information?

ReputationRep:
    Aw for **** sake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Since you are from Alaska, can you see Russia from your house?
    Lol, no I cannot see Russia from my house.

ReputationRep:
    Then I admit that I am wrong and was given the wrong information. Do you know the correct information?
    Yes Cassy, the correct version is this - I sent the first message from Sheffield, England, just last week.

ReputationRep:

And I hope you realise that the internet was invented by a Brit, Tim Berners-Lee.
    I think the world wide web was invented by CERN and headed by Tim Berners-Lee but the Internet was invented by ARPANET & US government.

ReputationRep:
    After you attacked her and her nationality,
    I didn't attack her, or her nationality. Responding to emotive language and hyperbole simply to bolster your argument does not provide your particular discourse with any more legitimacy than otherwise.

she nicely suggested you visit Alaska. Then you responded with that crap
    You're entitled to have your opinion on my thoughts/posts, however, I have no obligation to secede my points simply because you're offended. If you don't like what I have to say, you can ignore it.

like it is her personal fault the state in charge of where she lives invaded a country.
    I never said it was her personal fault. I asked that she empathised with people whom her nation has obliterated. Simply getting emotional and offended about this issue isn't going to make your point valid, especially when you're attempting to put words in other people's mouths simply because you're not competent enough to form a valid viewpoint for your political persuasion. I would advise that anybody, irrespective of their nationality, empathise with those people. In this instance, I brought them up because she was decrying the fact that many view Americans as people who desire war. As a result, I find it a succinct way of achieving a more balanced conversation. If she can understand the way non-Americans feel, non-Americans would feel much more comfortable understanding the way she feels. It's called civilised discussion.

Like it is HER who should feel guilty because she lives under the same FLAG as those troops.
    Irrespective of what I think, she has no responsibility to me, nor any responsibility to feel guilty. She is free to free what she liked, we both know that. Funnily enough however, I'm of the belief that if you are willing to claim credit for all the positives about one's country, you ought to be willing to accept national responsibility for one's shortcomings. Of course this doesn't work on a basis of personal responsibility, after all, neither you or I can expect one person to be able to dictate the direction of their government. However, whilst guilt is of course a subjective notion, I do believe that in a democratic nation, there is also an equal democratic sense of equal responsibility that falls under those people. In this case, it was her tax dollars that contributed to the killings of thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians. Clearly, this is a moral argument, and as such, she has no obligation to agree with me. On the other hand, on a forum or in real life, I am perfectly entitled to use my moral judgement as a basis for debate and discussion. I personally feel guilt for the role that my government played in the Iraq war. If I didn't, that would be hypocrisy.

It was her PEOPLE, and therefore her FAULT, you blazing hypocrite.
    You ought to calm down. I never claimed it was her personal fault, so don't insinuate that I was making that statement.

You said of Londoners: "We value the rights of human beings equally" like because someone is from London, they aren't racist or a whole number of other things. When I have heard plenty of Londoners make racist jokes and the like.
    The people of London have become known for their tolerance, and belief in a free and fair society. This is obviously a wide statement, and can only be taken in a wider context i.e. Londoners as a whole have take a liberal position. This is of course a generalisation, but then there's truth in that the majority of people in London are accepting of different races, cultures, nationalities and sexualities - as evident in many open forms of celebrations, from carnivals, to gay rights parades. Once again, I never claimed that every single Londoner was exactly the same, or that there weren't bad people in London. You seem to have a penchant for this whole 'putting words in other people's mouths' thing. Considering you claim to 'study politics', this really isn't going to help you in your world view, or debate/discussion skills.

You also said "you are the best evidence of the insular attitude that Americans posses. " Because even though you must have known for a fact that I studied in London, you saw "California" in my name and cast that stereotype upon me. You said Americans think of people outside their borders as non-human.
    I did indeed say that, however, your attitude towards what I said is a little skewed and presumptuous. It's become an inherent part of what can only be described as 'self standing American ideology', that Americans for example, can not understand the rights of Palestine to their own nation, the rights of Iraqis from being invaded, the rights of Afghanis to walk to and from school in a free and fair manner. I'm sure you watched the video 'Collateral Damage'. I'm sure you saw the indiscriminate murdering of innocent civilians, including children. I think it's safe to say that they were viewed as 'sub-human', simply because they didn't have the luxury of growing up in California. I'm well aware that this does not constitute a personal attitude, and I never said it did, however, it can be argued with substantial ground that the socio-economic outlook of Americans, views non-Americans as inherently inferior, and that do not deserve the same rights. Would it have been acceptable if a foreign nation carried out indiscriminate drone attacks on homes in California? Of course not. The conclusion we can draw from this is that Americans as a whole - as a national attitude - do not believe in the inherent worth of life that we in London and in Europe do.

If you noticed, I never claimed you or your attitude were typical of your nationality, or religion, or your race, or anything else that would be totally unacceptable in civilized society.
    You're free to claim what you like, I'm not stopping you. I am more than willing to have an open discussion, but I will not censor myself, simply because you do not have the emotional capacity to listen to my argument in the correct context.

You sir, are just as prejudiced and racist as those people you claim to abhhor.
    I've suffered racism since childhood. You have no idea what I've undergone through school, I would be very careful if I were you about claiming that I am as racist as the people who have persecuted me. I know full well what racism is, and I am not a racist, you are simply misconstruing my argument, due to your sense of American entitlement, that we as non-Americans are supposed to lay down our humanitarian values simply because you have walked outside of your Californian home. If you can not handle what I have to say, you do not have to respond. It is as simple as that.

You make blanket statements about a group of people based on one characteristic.
    No, I make critically calculated analysis on the basis of objective date and common knowledge. I obviously factor in my own moral direction, values and ethical code to compare against my analysis. Once again, I have no obligation to censor myself due to your inability to handle my views and opinions.

You cast a whole number of responsibilities and prejudices on a group of people not because of the color of their skin, but because of an equally immutable trait, where they were born.
    And what prejudice have I laid on anyone? What have I said that was supposedly 'racist' as you claimed earlier? You have merely fallen folly to propagandist ideology that makes you believe that as an American, you must be viewed a certain way. I make fair and balanced judgements about both personal contexts and national context. I understand that people as individuals can only be judged as just that - individuals. That does not mean however, that you can escape from the atrocities that your people have committed. I have laid no personal blame on anyone for anything. I merely asked her to empathise with a people who have been persecuted and obliterated, in the same way that we try to empathise with the people who suffered under Nazi Germany. Is it discriminatory to insinuate that we should empathise with those people? Of course not, to argue otherwise is nothing short of personally disgusting and disgraceful, and that is why you are a perfect example of American insularism.

You need to take a long, hard look at yourself in the mirror and I mean that.
    I argue that you ought to be doing the same.

Every state has waged an unwise war. Every state has embarrassing skeletons in their past.
    I'm very much aware of this. The conquests of the British Empire have been terrible and downright disgraceful.

How unbelievably terrible it is to cast the responsibility for that on the people who happen to live in it's borders shoulders.
    One again, I never claimed that she has any obligation to do as I say or anything of the like. You have warped everything I have said beyond recognition, and seem to think it is abhorrent to empathise with people who have nothing. What a disgusting ideology you seem to be pedalling - completely at odds with our liberal tendency here in London.

Or to pretend like dredging up the past or current policy decisions makes it ok to say the kind of things you do about Americans, even with the statistics I just showed you.
    I'm sorry, am I supposed to bow down to you because you're American? I'm just supposed to forget about the many people your nation has killed simply because you find it personally embarrassing? No. I am entitled to say what I wish, do as I please, and let it be known, that I will never forget. The people who lost their lives at the hands of American imperialism and American intolerance are as dear to be as my mother and my father, and your sense of entitlement will not change that.

And even the people who were for the war, do you really think none of them had genuinely good intentions at heart? That they all just thought Muslims were evil and were looking for an excuse to kill them?
    Those who were 'for the war', were for an illegal invasion - which resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people - all in the name of American interest in oil. Am I to believe that people who supported the Nazis had "genuinely good intentions at heart" when they invaded Poland in 1939? :rolleyes:

Look past their nationality for just a second and recognize they are human beings. Your "empathy" should tell you what you need to know.
    I do not consider nationality when I am analysing a person's individual character. But that's not what any of this has been about. I have been making the point that Americans have as a whole, a disingenuous agenda, inherent in their foreign policy, and economic outlook. This is an analysis of a nation based on the ideas that have been democratically raised. The fact that you can't separate that from your emotions, and insist on taking it personally shows that you have no place in Politics.

Oh, ok. So you just think of yourself as better than me because you are a non-American and I am.
    As I said, time and time again, I consider myself a world citizen. I do not take into account a person's 'nationality', when it comes to my judgement of them as an individual.

So I have less of a right to be there? It's "disgraceful" that I'm here because I'm American and not ashamed to be? I thought that kind of thinking didn't exist in "world citizenship?"
    Erm, I never claimed that. It seems I have to ram this into your skull for your incompetence. I never claimed that you have any obligation to think a certain way. Neither did I make the claim that you're suggesting I made. You're entitled to be here as much as anyone else.

Do you just pull insults out of a hat? How the hell does poking fun at your ignorant "nationalist" statements mean I think America is supreme in the world order?
    As I have stated, I have concluded that your argument lends itself to a sense of nationalism, in that Americans are completely removed from anything negative about their nation, but yet, somehow intrinsically in full credit when it comes to anything good. You have to take the good with the bad, and in this instance, there's a whole lotta bad.

BTW I know several Americans of Bengali descent, and American Muslims, who would find your statements and your nasty attitude in general totally outrageous and insulting. Please don't pretend you speak for anyone but yourself.
    I never claimed to speak for anyone, ironically, you're claiming to speak for "several Americans of Bengali descent and American Muslims right now. I would however, state that Islam teaches a sense of brotherhood between Muslims, regardless of nationality, indicated by the way that no matter what language they speak, 'Salam' is the greeting to be used. I wonder how many Muslims are complacent with their Muslim brothers and sisters being bombed into the ground by the nation that you insist is so free from blame?

Food for thought. :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    General idiocy
    Look, I'm not even going to bother reading all of that crap. You respond a day later after it is has been made very clear that you are a hypocrite with an essay. You constantly twist my words and blatantly make up things I've said. You say you don't see people as their nationality, but have repeatedly referred to "my people."

This is so incredibly obvious I shouldn't even need to say it, but apparently you actually need this explained to you: Every country has done things that history has not looked well on. I freely acknowledge the country in which I was born is no exception. Please stop pretending like I have ever said otherwise in order to distract from your own ignorant conclusions, prejudices and hypocrisy. You have shown a very basic ignorance about American politics and society repeatedly, ignoring facts and statistics repeatedly shown to you, and I am not your teacher.

And no, try as you might, I will not accept any personal responsibility for the Iraq War. That is idiotic. I have never been for it; it began when I was in middle school; and I have nothing to do with it other than having the same accent as the people waging it. If you are too simple-minded to see that this far in your life, I don't know what to tell you.

And as someone on this thread has advised me, I am going back to my "orange-mocha-frappucino" and I am done talking to you. Good luck with that black and white vision.

ReputationRep:
    Look, I'm not even going to bother reading all of that crap. You respond a day later after it is has been made very clear that you are a hypocrite with an essay. You constantly twist my words and blatantly make up things I've said. You say you don't see people as their nationality, but have repeatedly referred to "my people."

This is so incredibly obvious I shouldn't even need to say it, but apparently you actually need this explained to you: Every country has done things that history has not looked well on. I freely acknowledge the country in which I was born is no exception. Please stop pretending like I have ever said otherwise in order to distract from your own ignorant conclusions, prejudices and hypocrisy. You have shown a very basic ignorance about American politics and society repeatedly, ignoring facts and statistics repeatedly shown to you, and I am not your teacher.

And no, try as you might, I will not accept any personal responsibility for the Iraq War. That is idiotic. I have never been for it; it began when I was in middle school; and I have nothing to do with it other than having the same accent as the people waging it. If you are too simple-minded to see that this far in your life, I don't know what to tell you.

And as someone on this thread has advised me, I am going back to my "orange-mocha-frappucino" and I am done talking to you. Good luck with that black and white vision.
    i just want to say that, if i could, i would + rep every single one of your posts on this thread. i completely agree with you. :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    people have their beliefs, such is life.

ReputationRep:
    **** yeah! They aren't claiming the internet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    people have their beliefs, such is life.
    and such is the cause of HUGE, VAST and unbelievable amounts of death

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organ)
    **** yeah! They aren't claiming the internet!
    As I've said before I think that the Internet was invented by the US government & ARPANET but the World Wide Web was invented at CERN with Tim Berners-Lee as the head of the operation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.