Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Inception the movie Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    It's left ambiguous because they couldn't be certain that they'd get to make a sequel. Kinda lame that this happens so ****ing often with TV and film but whatever.
    But Nolan doesn't want to make a sequel, and rightly so. It's ambiguous so that the audience has to fire up some brain cells and make up their own mind what happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    But Nolan doesn't want to make a sequel, and rightly so. It's ambiguous so that the audience has to fire up some brain cells and make up their own mind what happened.

However everyone else involved totally wants it, and I'm pretty ****ing certain he'll cave in and do it at some point. It's Hollywood maaaaaaayyne.

ReputationRep:
    However everyone else involved totally wants it, and I'm pretty ****ing certain he'll cave in and do it at some point. It's Hollywood maaaaaaayyne.
    The studio wants it - the cast and Nolan's core production team don't and never have. WB will probably give in to avoid pissing off Nolan and let him do something new instead.

ReputationRep:
    It's left ambiguous because they couldn't be certain that they'd get to make a sequel. Kinda lame that this happens so ****ing often with TV and film but whatever.
    That's the lousiest justification of the ending I've ever heard.

ReputationRep:
    I saw it as well. I think we are left to guess. If you watch the totem as it spins it does begin to wobble just before the scene cuts away.

However he was supposed to have been away from his kids for years from what I understand? And yet when he is reunited with them, they look exactly the same as they always did when they appeared in his dreams previously.

ReputationRep:
    Is it me, or was inception one of the most horrid movies ever made? I mean, seriously?! THAT MOVIE IS RATED #3 ON IMDB! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

The story was cut wrong, scenes where executed horribly, the directing and camera work looked medicore the most and the editing left you confused half the time with the whole switching back and forth thing (dream within a dream within a dream.) It was directed/edited in such a way where no differences where being laid out for you to notice you are looking at a completly different dream. Everything looked the same. During the whole movie, I only thought 2 scenes where well done. But honestly? A couple of minutes in total, and thats it?

Sometimes I wonder about the people in IMDB... I really do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebracolors)
    And yet when he is reunited with them, they look exactly the same as they always did when they appeared in his dreams previously.
    Not quite; the children at the end of the film are played by different actors to the beginning.

(Original post by Marviee)
    It was directed/edited in such a way where no differences where being laid out for you to notice you are looking at a completly different dream. Everything looked the same.
    No it wasn't. There are distinct visual difference depending on who is dreaming - the attire, the locations and the other people in the world all reflect this.

(Original post by Marviee)
      and the editing left you confused half the time with the whole switching back and forth thing (dream within a dream within a dream.)
      If you were paying attention, it wasn't hard to follow. Each dream was done step by step before the switching began.

where no differences where being laid out for you to notice you are looking at a completly different dream. Everything looked the same. During the whole movie,.

The rain in the populated urban area caused by drinking champagne, the suave, expensive hotel to reflect the character's taste - like in the very beginning scene, snow with a heavily guarded fortress.

Like in post above, they're pretty distinct.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.