Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which Final Fantasy is the Best and Why - Poll Watch

• View Poll Results: Which Final Fantasy is the best?
    Final Fantasy I
    1.00%
    Final Fantasy II
    1.00%
    Final Fantasy III
    0%
    Final Fantasy IV
    1.00%
    Final Fantasy V
    1.00%
    Final Fantasy VI
    5.00%
    Final Fantasy VII
    37.00%
    Final Fantasy VIII
    16.00%
    Final Fantasy IX
    11.00%
    Final Fantasy X & X-2
    20.00%
    Final Fantasy XI
    1.00%
    Final Fantasy XII
    2.00%
    Final Fantasy XIII
    1.00%
    Final Fantasy XIV
    0%
    Can't decide, they are all amazing!
    3.00%

ReputationRep:
    Can't really decide between VII and X. Both storylines were really good and the music as well. I loved most of the characters too..XII was a disappointment for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    I wonder what the first few were like :daydream:
    Was there an XI? I always thought it went straight from X-2 to XII.
    Awwwww, XII has no love, I really like that one
    I need to play VIII + IX, but they can be so difficult to get hold of :/
    You can download and and play the first few on NES/SNES emulators, if so inclined.

XI was an online game, same as XIV (which is getting very much better and should be good fun by the time the PS3 version comes out).

ReputationRep:
    X, amazing story and characters, etc, etc, everything was great. Replaying it at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Facticity)
    :O from a person who liked The Girl Who Lept Through Time, I would have thought the story and characters in FF X would have been perfect. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The music, the character development, the twists, the secret endings, the multi-play through, the blitzball and the graphics (and voice acting :p: ) I found to be very good.
    I will admit that the graphics and music were nice, but the voice acting just really ruined it. I stand by the old rule, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." And I didn't see the need for VAs. I've been put off the FFs after X, too.

I watched TGWLTT in Japanese. Maybe if we had the option to turn the language to Jap, it might not be so bad, but the voices just seemed to ruin what was potentially a beautiful game.
    And don't get me started on 'Blitzball' and that Wakka guy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majikthise)
    You can download and and play the first few on NES/SNES emulators, if so inclined.

XI was an online game, same as XIV (which is getting very much better and should be good fun by the time the PS3 version comes out).
    I'll look into that, thanks.

I didn't know FF did online games :eek:

ReputationRep:
    VIII was my fav, followed by VII

ReputationRep:
    Final Fantasy VIII & Final Fantasy X :love:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    I'll look into that, thanks.

I didn't know FF did online games :eek:
    Yep he is quite right you can download emulations however they may be a but odd to get a hold of if you don't have the computer knowledge.

And :yep: of course there was a 11 they wouldn't skip :p: yea but to be honest 11 wasn't hugely successful as you can see from the poll. FF goin MMORPG merely failed. I have heard some promising things regarding FFXIV however i do not like the hybrid :erm:

I'm waiting for FFvsXIII :love:

ReputationRep:
    7 is going to win this, but i find 9 better - the cinematics and charicters in it are simply brilliant, and has a good storyline.

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    I will admit that the graphics and music were nice, but the voice acting just really ruined it. I stand by the old rule, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." And I didn't see the need for VAs. I've been put off the FFs after X, too.

I watched TGWLTT in Japanese. Maybe if we had the option to turn the language to Jap, it might not be so bad, but the voices just seemed to ruin what was potentially a beautiful game.
    And don't get me started on 'Blitzball' and that Wakka guy...
    Yea i would have loved a japanese option... Thats why i have a japanese copy so i do not have problem :awesome:
    Everyone loved blitzball best minigame ever! But i think yes wakka was an odd one.

ReputationRep:
    I have FF 1&2 on my iTouch but not really a fan.

I only really started playing FF at the 9th one, but I do love that game.

Although I would say my favourite one would be FFX (Didn't like X-2), I loved the story albeit a little weird towards the end, and the amount of non-story based content was amazing compared to the new FF releases.

ReputationRep:
    Yep he is quite right you can download emulations however they may be a but odd to get a hold of if you don't have the computer knowledge.

And :yep: of course there was a 11 they wouldn't skip :p: yea but to be honest 11 wasn't hugely successful as you can see from the poll. FF goin MMORPG merely failed. I have heard some promising things regarding FFXIV however i do not like the hybrid :erm:

Have you not had the bad fortune to watch any of the Beta playthroughs on Youtube? Oh, my word, I've never banged my head on a table so much in my life. As far as MMO's and RPGs go, if WoW is a grindy piece of crap, and Oblivion was just 'too big'...FFXIV looks like it took the annoying elements from both, and created this huge, sprawling world...in which you do absolutely nothing.

However, there is a hilarious cutscene with a tree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jwXcajjkKo#t=4m20

ReputationRep:

I thought that x-2 counted as the XI :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    VII purely because it gave rise to Crisis Core. Utterly brilliant game. The storyline was perfect. Oh and VII was pretty good in itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holybacon)
    VII followed by X and X-2.
    FF7 is the greatest game of all time, no justification is needed.
    Come at me
    Totally agree.. VII is awesome ... love the story, characters, music, everything.. and Sephiroth has gotta be the best villain of all time right? :p:

Followed by X for me too because I love Auron, and the story and music is pretty good too!

ReputationRep:
    Everything after 9 was ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliii)
    Totally agree.. VII is awesome ... love the story, characters, music, everything.. and Sephiroth has gotta be the best villain of all time right? :p:
    Yeah Sepiroth is the ****! And the soundtrack OH GOD the soundtrack <333

Followed by X for me too because I love Auron, and the story and music is pretty good too!
    I prefer X-2 to X I think, solely for the enhanced graphics of Yuna and Rikku

ReputationRep:
    Final Fantasy VIII cus i said so. As per usual FF7 has the most votes cus it's the only one most gamers have ever played...

ReputationRep:
    FFVIII, personally, cause I find the storyline a lot more interesting and the character development was probably the best, though FFVII had amazing character development as well. After VIII it would be IX cause that game was just sooooo fun.

I also love XIII.

ReputationRep:
    I will have to go with VII. It is the only one what story has gripped me that much ive played it through at least 10 times. I can remember literally every little thing about it. Since number 10, i haven't played them once i had completed them. Hopefully XIII Versus will be better than XIII.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.