Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vms1993)
    1. They failed then?
    2. One was girl (she was not les)
    a girl that went to eton? lol. those homos started baving sex changes or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    a girl that went to eton? lol. those homos started baving sex changes or something
    Westminster is coed -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vms1993)
    Westminster is coed -.-
    i thought it was single sex...westminster school for girls and westminster school for boys. I know a guy who went to the boys one and he said it was for boys. I know there is a westminster state school i think and that is for boys and girls but there's deffo a posh westminster which is single sex.
    btw, the girl was referring to eton only and that is deffo male only.

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was single sex...westminster school for girls and westminster school for boys. I know a guy who went to the boys one and he said it was for boys. I know there is a westminster state school i think and that is for boys and girls but there's deffo a posh westminster which is single sex.
    I was the girl :s and I clearly stated I met people from both eton and westminster... xD

ReputationRep:
    That my friend, is a lie!

also, why on earth would you want to become a toff? Going to either of these will guarantee your toff-status. Just go to a normal state comp. i say. That way, anything you achieve you will achive of your own accord and not from being spoon fed. That is a real test of whether you have brains or not. After all, someone with 4A's from state school is smarter than someone with 4A's from eton or westminster....hell of a lot nicer too
    How the **** do you know whether or not people at state schools are nicer than those at private schools? In my experience my state school was full of chavs whereas all the privately educated people at my uni seem sane and articulate.

ReputationRep:
    That my friend, is a lie!

also, why on earth would you want to become a toff? Going to either of these will guarantee your toff-status. Just go to a normal state comp. i say. That way, anything you achieve you will achive of your own accord and not from being spoon fed. That is a real test of whether you have brains or not. After all, someone with 4A's from state school is smarter than someone with 4A's from eton or westminster....hell of a lot nicer too
    That's just inverse-snobbery. These private school kids you are talking about, are these people that you are close to? Have you have a proper conversation with them? - I don't just mean one person, but several from various schools, etc? Because unless you have, I don't think you are fit to judge. The majority of "snobs" I have seen are in fact those at state school (not inverse snobs, just plain old snobs). I've got a fair few friends at private schools and dated a guy that goes to prestigious one, as well as my best friend at another one. They are just as nice as state school kids, sometimes nicer seeing as they actually have decent manners!! And they don't all live in a bubble, the hardships that my best friend has been through are terrible. So next time you open your mouth about the majority of private school kids think about how real evidence you actually have before you start to generalise and stereotype them!

Plus I go to state school and I'm spoon fed I would also say my private school friends work a lot harder than me..
    Eton Sixth Form allows girls.. My brother's godmother went and her twin sister did too..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summergirl.x)
    Eton Sixth Form allows girls..
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henryt)
    No.
    Lol. I'm pretty sure I know girls that went. Why would I randomly lie about this fact? They must have gone like 30 years ago though...

ReputationRep:
    Lol. I'm pretty sure I know girls that went. Why would I randomly lie about this fact? They must have gone like 30 years ago though...
    what planet are you on? girls have never been at eton. ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toofaforu)
    what planet are you on? girls have never been at eton. ever.
    Ugh, fine no one believe me then. I just have this memory of being told she went there.. :/

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'd go for Westminster - not really a fan of boarding to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Forget them, go to Marlborough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justrelirandom)

So my question is which one is better?

Thanks
    Well if you want a poker up your arse for the rest of your life then Eton is your best bet, old bean.

ReputationRep:
    westminster - no question. Westminster is surprisingly humble. I think it makes a difference that it is the centre of London compared to a bubble in the country-side. And definitely don't base your decision on results and stats - its becoming a disadvantage applying to Oxbridge from Westminster now a days.

ReputationRep:
    Justrelirandom, considering this thread was created in 2010, so you must have now decided which sixth form to attend, would it be possible to find out where you went and what you thought.

ReputationRep:

Eton Sixth Form allows girls.. My brother's godmother went and her twin sister did too..
    It used to ages ago, if you were the daughter of a teacher or something but it definately does not any longer

ReputationRep:
    How many subjects can I take entrance exams to the sixth form at Eton And Wesimisiter and who choose them?
    Is it really hard to get to Eton or Westminster?
    (i study in italy)

ReputationRep:
    How many subjects can I take entrance exams to the sixth form at Eton And Wesimisiter and how choose them?
    is it really hard to get to Eton or Westminster?

ReputationRep:
    do people at eton and westminster actually have an advantage i terms of exams and grades???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    do people at eton and westminster actually have an advantage i terms of exams and grades???
    Yes.

At Eton, a pupil may request for a teacher to help them in the exam.

At Westminster, the teacher sits the exams for the pupil.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.