The Student Room Group

Will the world end in 2012??

Scroll to see replies

London Olympics are going to start the end of the world. Therefore, if it does end, I blame Boris! :yep:
Reply 41
I dont think so. Just an excuse for hollywood to make money from really poor films and Nostradamus didnt predict so :s-smilie:
LOL my favourite line of all time from the 2012 film was:

'the neutrinos, they've mutated, and their heating up the planet!!!'

XD Dara O'Brien said that that line was the equivalent of saying:

'the electrons, are ANGRY!'

hehehe still cracks me up...
Reply 43
I sincerely hope it does.
Reply 44
No,but mankind will face a test by 2030 at least.
Original post by kellykellyfan411
like forreal do you think the world will end in 2012? I think its a bunch of bs like forreal the mayans made a lot of inaccurate predictions based off their calender.

1005 warning points in 16 posts!!!

Is there something wrong with your tsr??
Reply 46
The solution to the question: We shall wait patiently until 2012 :tongue:
Reply 47
The world most certainly won't end in 2012. The Earth will be fine. It's us who might all die. And so what?! The state human kind has got itself into these days is awful anyway. The Earth needs to recleanse and get this **** off itself.

What makes me laugh is the people who are apparently trying to 'save the planet'. These people don't give a **** about the planet. They're just worried that they might have to witness uncomfort in their lifetime. The Earth will be fine, and it doesn't need arrogant dick heads trying to 'save it'. The Earth is fine. It's US who are ****ed. And I, for one, couldn't give a ****.
no the world wont end in 2012
what a dumb topic!
Reply 49
nah but new world order will probably happen around then
Reply 50
November - December 2012 does, however, mark the likely end of Barack Obama's presidency. There'll be a US Election in that year and I bet the 10p I just found that he'll lose.

What happens then, I don't know.
Reply 51
Well if it does wont have to worry about a recession anymore and lack of jobs. Instead we would have the news telling us some uncheerful news as usual.
Reply 52
Come back to this thread in 2012 and answer it yourself.
Reply 53
No.
No. No, it will not. The calendar is restarting...
Ask Mystic Meg:

Reply 56
if you think about it, with all the nucleare wepaons and reactors in the world and the CERN experiment going on and the wikileaks that will cause world war VII and the mayan prophecy and the economic crisis and the growth of china and the resurgence of communism and the no the world is not going to end retards.
Reply 57
The Mayan calender ends on 21st December 2012, nobody really knows why.

I know people are saying that they predicted a lot wrong, but for their time their calender is incredibly accurate. It predicted things such as solar eclipses accurately to the day thousands of years before, long before modern day scientists were around.

The theory is more one that the current world as we know it will end, or transform, or move into a new era. Rather than completely come to an end.
But the Mayans never predicted this, they just end their calender, and that's obviously not enough evidence to presume they believed this.

On one Mayan inscription it mentions their Count 0.0.0.0 to 21 Dec 2012 and says something like 'It will happen' and something about Gods Descending , and the rest is rubbed away, I saw that on a programme, haha.

Various historical characters have mentioned the same date, The Sybil, Merlin, Mayans.
So maybe they do think somethings gonna go down?
Even a computer programme that was created to read trends within the internet by reading and interpreting every bit of information online to generate predictions on the future stock markets came up with the date 2012. It also apparently predicted 9/11 and the Washington anthrax attacks, and predicted something bad to happen in 2011 to do with Nuclear attacks.

They think it might be something to do with a polar shift due to magnetic fields caused by solar flares and/or the alignments of the planets in our solar system which will happen in 2012, polar shifts have happened throughout the history of the planet. It has been confirmed by scientists that during this period in 2012 there will be a higher than usual amount of activity in Space prehaps resulted in stronger magnetic fields, not that this means anything bad will happen, it could mean nothing, it could result in the worlds communications going down for a while, not necessarily a polar shift, haha.

There's not really any evidence to support any kind of end of the world.
And just because i've told you this stuff it doesn't mean I believe in 2012, just to get that straight, ha. I just know this from various documentaries i've seen.
(edited 13 years ago)
The Mayan calender ends on 21st December 2012 BECAUSE THE OTHER PART WAS LOST!!!!!!!
Reply 59
Like forreal I think the Mayans were sexually frustrated, so they started putting all their time into getting laid, it's a big man ting innit.

The way you write, I'm not surprised you have 1005 warning points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending