Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Never played COD Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StylaBoy)
    Well there are other factors as well that need to be considered...

As I can see, the TE is not a pro in any way in shooter games so it actually doesn't matter and he can decide later on whether he would like to play BO. Another point is, the money you pay for it is not worth it (my opinion) BO is just a recap of MW2 with a new currency system, new game modes and little details such as. And finally, the most suprising reason is, MW2 does not need a high end PC. I got a PC Model of 2006 and not even one of the new games work on it. I tried COD 4 & 5 and they lagged as hell and then I tried MW2 just for the fun of it and what happened - it went soo smoothly... I dunno what the reasons are but it worked for me and then I've decided to buy it:rolleyes: Well, I tried BO on my computer and the same results as the from 4 & 5. And in Addition, the general laggs of Activisions.

Oh I see I'm jabbering away.. I betta stop xD

cu
    BO is like an inferior version of MW2 with a few more gimmicks imo.

You don't have to burst fire weapons to control them, you can quite happily spray and nail someone across Villa. The majority of the maps have Treyarch's classic bad design features, such as being too busy so that camping is promoted, leading to much slower gameplay. The spawns are awful, even by CoD standards. It's using an old, game engine which shows in how poor the graphics are, even compared to CoD4 which is 3 years old now.

BO managed to surpass my extremely low expectations of it, initially. But after a bit of play, I can't bring myself to play anything other than the occasional wager match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llpokermuffinll)
    I'm a boy and I have never played COD in my life. I don't hate the game, but just wanna know what is soo special about it.

If I find out something, I might as well start playing it, but as of now, all I know is that it's some shooting game...
    its a ok game, good campaign but very short i believe. COD is extremely popular mainly because of the multiplayer. i don't really like the multiplayer because i may kick ass but its full of "noobs" who i cannot stand in real life let alone a game reality.

if you want a quick and fun campaign, go for it, but if you want Multiplayer, go for Uncharted 2 or MOH as they both i find personally better

ReputationRep:
    I'm a boy and I have never played COD in my life. I don't hate the game, but just wanna know what is soo special about it.

If I find out something, I might as well start playing it, but as of now, all I know is that it's some shooting game...
    ..Then you haven't lived.

ReputationRep:
    Every time you play your penis grows a millimetre.

ReputationRep:
    The Call of Duty franchise is massively over-rated. Far too many unbalanced things in the game that are specifically there to persuade the whiny *****ers to buy the same game again next year. Except with a slight graphics update.

ReputationRep:
    Cause you meet gamers like these:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01010000 01001010)
    I have a strong dislike for Call of Duty and Black Ops, a few things I dislike;

>'Black Ops'...Sounds sneaky and Splinter-Cellish, right? Wrong.
    I'm not sure what you mean with this?

They didn't call it Black Ops to make it sound 'sneaky and Splinter-Cellish', they called it that after the actual Black Ops...

So your complaint here can't be with the game, can it?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:

I dont understand how you can go without playing at least one version of CoD so far in your life, have your friends not recommended it to you? You either play CoD or you play WoW. Thats how I see it, dont get abusive with me please. There is no single specific reason why its special, but its so good that millions play it.

I'm afraid me and farhan have the best zombies record
    plus he is the best cod player I know

ReputationRep:
    You've never played CoD??!?! Get in the kitchen m8! Or buy it quickly and play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    I'm not sure what you mean with this?

They didn't call it Black Ops to make it sound 'sneaky and Splinter-Cellish', they called it that after the actual Black Ops...

So your complaint here can't be with the game, can it?
    Black Ops = Black Operations = Black operations may include such things as assassination, sabotage, extortion, spying on allied countries or one's own citizens, kidnapping, supporting resistance movements, torture, use of fraud to obtain funds, use of child soldiers, human experimentation, trafficking in contraband items, false flag bombing.

Sure as hell doesn't sound like the game I was playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)
    I've never heard of you... I don't think anyone cares about the VOLUME of kills because all that proves is that you've sat there for a long time taking the public games far too seriously. For what it's worth, my play time is around a day and 10 hours on Black Ops, my K/D is 2.1 and I don't even try (unless I'm playing GB or something). I'm not even saying I'm good but I'm pretty sure I would completely hammer you. It's embarrassing how many of you come online, do well in a public game, where half the people aren't even averagely good, and think you're God.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DT1WI9u5cA

ReputationRep:
    tht vid is fukt up........RIP FH got silenced on the spot without a silencer

ReputationRep:
    Black Ops = Black Operations = Black operations may include such things as assassination, sabotage, extortion, spying on allied countries or one's own citizens, kidnapping, supporting resistance movements, torture, use of fraud to obtain funds, use of child soldiers, human experimentation, trafficking in contraband items, false flag bombing.

Sure as hell doesn't sound like the game I was playing.
    Black Ops = US Military Unit. It doesn't matter what you think Black Ops denotes to you, the game is based on the Black Ops soo...

In the game when you join the Bay of Pigs Invasion, that's 'based on' actual events (where the Black Ops are rumoured to have had a hand in).

ReputationRep:
    Black Ops = US Military Unit. It doesn't matter what you think Black Ops denotes to you, the game is based on the Black Ops soo...

In the game when you join the Bay of Pigs Invasion, that's 'based on' actual events (where the Black Ops are rumoured to have had a hand in).
    That's not what I think Black Ops means, it was taken from here. Also, I couldn't find anything on the US Military Unit named 'Black Ops' unless you mean the US Special Forces who also have no unit named 'Black Ops'.

Anyway, my preconceived ideas of what the game would be like, due to it's name, weren't my main source of criticism so there's really not much point in discussing the matter.

ReputationRep:
    That's not what I think Black Ops means, it was taken from here. Also, I couldn't find anything on the US Military Unit named 'Black Ops' unless you mean the US Special Forces who also have no unit named 'Black Ops'.

Anyway, my preconceived ideas of what the game would be like, due to it's name, weren't my main source of criticism so there's really not much point in discussing the matter.
    If you actually try searching on google you'll find plenty of information that proves my claim..

I was just pointing out a flaw and you decided to argue against it, not the other way around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    Cause you meet gamers like these:

:awesome::awesome::awesome::mmm::mmm::mmm::mmm::mmm::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Original post by CB91)
    Except with a slight graphics update.
    Black Ops didn't even have that over MW2, it was a step backwards.

ReputationRep:
    log off computer, buy game. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR >:C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    I dont understand how you can go without playing at least one version of CoD so far in your life, have your friends not recommended it to you? You either play CoD or you play WoW.
    Or there is a third option someone once told me about: you go outside, play sport, drink beer and have sex with girls.

ReputationRep:

So much trolling in this post. Brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)
    I've never heard of you... I don't think anyone cares about the VOLUME of kills because all that proves is that you've sat there for a long time taking the public games far too seriously. For what it's worth, my play time is around a day and 10 hours on Black Ops, my K/D is 2.1 and I don't even try (unless I'm playing GB or something). I'm not even saying I'm good but I'm pretty sure I would completely hammer you. It's embarrassing how many of you come online, do well in a public game, where half the people aren't even averagely good, and think you're God.

you on xbox or ps3?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.