The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
There have been a couple of solid replies to the question, and the OP hasn't addressed any of them. :holmes:
Reply 41
Original post by YoTeach!?
To begin with briefly,
1. I am not a "troll" or what it is :s-smilie:
2. My statement is not pointless as it highlights problems which people avoid in day-to-day life.
3. Sex isnt "the alpha and omega" of bringing couples together. People are so wrapped up with "sex creating bonds", but are these bonds only built on pleasure or by love? These things can be simultaneuosly felt doing other activities, non sex related.
4. Your insults are pointless as it shows you can not control your emotions and feel like you need to insult me to put your point across.
5. Abnormalities occur in normal reproduction, with mutations in genetic material causing issues and inherited conditions causing unstoppable problems which can be solved with cloning and selective DNA.
6. It is philosophical, so how about you moderate your spelling? Thank you very much :smile:

1. i agree some problems of life are avoided and need to be considered more at all levels.
2. I never proclaimed sex to be alpha and omega it is simply a part of life. Some people are wrapped up & over use sex to try an hold onto relationships. They can be stymulated how ever like everything in life, should be done in moderation. i.e. most people dont eat for the sake of eating, run for the sake of running and some people don't even live for the sake of living. we build the world around us with the most powerful tool we have, choise. abusing choises ultimatly break down what we achieve or even our asperations to progress futher. removing aspects of life remove choise. simply saying there are other ways of doing becoming closer so lets not do somthing that will at all because "most people" over do it is backwards. However sex on its own does create a closness bond that is different (not neccasarily more powerful) to others made by romantic gestures. Ultimaly time creates a stronger bond.
3. its not an insult, its my oppionon. you just happen to disagree. such is life.
4. abnormaties do occur how ever this is a "natural" process. you only have to look at global warming to understand there are somthings we shouldn't mess with. the problem with selective cloning is any new traits we may overlook will simply cease to appear. our ability to adapt and learn have consiquently affected our DNA over time. I.e. the difference of skin colour. They change dependant on the enviroment we are subjected to. which helps us control our internal temerature to operate. although its only a small thing, collectivly they allow us to survive. worse still we will "break" it and cause problems that we can't forsee. you only have to look at current medicine to see where we fix one problem we create others (super-bugs are a classic example)
so yes, we will solve those problems but we will create more.
5. i do my best, i have my own genetic defects. its called dyslexia. i do my best where i can, but then again no one is perfect :smile:.
Reply 42

It is primitive and there really is not point unless we wish to procreate, but it does feel good man.
Reply 43
There's no point in anything. Push those nihilist thoughts away from your mind; they're all true, but you're gonna have a bloody miserable time if you keep thinking about them like that.
Reply 44
But men feel so much better than IVF :puppyeyes:
Reply 45
I've gone of the whole idea of sex .. I don't know why but to me, it's not fun.
Reply 46
Reply 47
Erm, if you want to castrate yourself and/or live a celibate life, go ahead.
We'll carry on as we are, thank you.

Human cloning is hardly "on the way", it's still a very fiddly and involved process which does not scale well and requires a fairly high level of infrastructure/expense.
It's also rubbish for things like genetic diversity, which are actually important.

I can't see the human race switching over to Axolotl tanks anytime soon...
Reply 48
I suggest the removal of the penis and testicles at birth, or other medical ways.

You are sick, you want to mutilate people at birth.
Original post by Lord Nice
Are you insane? Nothing can ever replace the primeval release that you achieve at orgasm :love:

yeah well some people are beyond such vulgar acts, some people like me, have such a massive head(as in debo) that sex is not an option that i would like to undetake

so **** you you ****
Original post by Broderss

It is primitive and there really is not point unless we wish to procreate, but it does feel good man.

like **** you have had sex:smile:
Reply 51
sweet lord tell me you are not serious
What a miserable life you lead.
Ignoring the fact that it's how you reproduce? Yeah, there's IVF etc, but not everyone can afford that! It's something that's only available to a small amount of people.

But if we're ignoring that... What's the point in anything? What's the point in playing tennis? What's the point in going to the cinema? People do it because they enjoy it.
Science is advancing, and with human cloning on the way, do people really need to "get it on"? Personally there are no advantages to paticipating in sexual intercourse. I do not understand young people these days, with their obsession with this activity! Back in my day we got kicks from learning about simple facts of life. Now, as a Professor of Philosophy, i teach these facts to younger people. One of these facts is that sex is pointless. It's so pointless, I haven't touched my wife in 10 years due to my strong beliefs. She understands and we have a very loving relationship and now she is beginning to believe that underage sex, STI's, HIV, rape and all other subjects related to sex will stop if we eradicate sex completely. I suggest the removal of the penis and testicles at birth, or other medical ways.Does anyone think that there is any point in sex?

Is there any point in sex? well I dunno bout u but u must hav had some pretty **** sexual experiences. And that u havent touched your wife dont mean she hasnt touched anyone else- wat she cant get from u she might be gettin from elsewhere. And u can get rid of ur dick if u want but im sure everyone else would want to keep theirs and hav sex like normal people do....:confused::confused: its a good thing people like u arent in power oderwise...jheez
Reply 55
Without reproduction the human species would die out. Every time I have sex I think of this.
can i just ask, are you a virgin?

not that its a big deal but there are a lot of advantages to sex tbh.
TROLL!
We have a large variety of serious health problems all linked with sexual health, and I believe that by stopping sexual intercourse altogether, it will dramatically lower these horrific occurences. People are too attached to the pleasurable aspect of sex - just because me and my wife do not participate in full penetrative sex, does not mean we do not explore each other in other ways, without the coming together of sexual organs (and dont take that comment the wrong way). I suppose removal of the sexual organs is an irrational idea, i do agree, but some other way to stop sexual intercourse from happening is essential! And in terms of homosexual individuals, same rules apply, for we are all human and no exceptions can be made. Like plants we should find ways of producing new life without having to put a thing into someone else's thing.

But you are 14 years old. Why are you pretending to be a married professor? :confused:
Troll.

Original post by Dream Weaver
...it's fun...

EDIT: And removing penis at birth won't stop sex, what about lesbians?

That doesn't count as sex if you are being even slightly scientific, which the OP is.

Latest

Trending

Trending