Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

bSkyb Graduate program Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Was your phone interview at the beginning end or middle of November?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamRofe)
    Hi barmybuckle

could i have the email address you used to send them an email, well done getting to the assessment centre, good luck.
    [email protected]

(Original post by Callipygian)
    Was your phone interview at the beginning end or middle of November?
    It was on the 26th November!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barmybuckle)
    It was on the 26th November!
    Okay, hopefully shouldnt be long for me now, mine was at the begining of december.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamRofe)
    Hey Smidster, im sure you've done better than you think. When did you get asked to do the test?
    Thanks for the support!

Got the reply last Friday after applying on 'Deadline Day' November 30th

ReputationRep:
    I am giving up on sky.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an assessment day on Tuesday for the Technology programme . Has anyone been to one yet?

ReputationRep:
    Next1988 how far through the process are you?

Bengebenge I don't think anyone else is that far through, maybe they are doing tech first. Did it have one of the early deadlines like marketing did?

ReputationRep:
    Bengebenge I don't think anyone else is that far through, maybe they are doing tech first. Did it have one of the early deadlines like marketing did?
    I don't think so. The deadline was the 13th of December.

ReputationRep:
    Well i passed the telephone interview guys, got the AC coming up. Any other marketing people heard back?

ReputationRep:
    Callipygian-
    how long was it between you doing the telephone interview and hearing back from them? I had a telephone interview for Skybet last week and was wondering.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilodare)
    Callipygian-
    how long was it between you doing the telephone interview and hearing back from them? I had a telephone interview for Skybet last week and was wondering.

Thanks
    They told me it would be two working weeks, it was more like 6-7 working weeks. However I think now that they're doing ACs they tell you like 10 days before, judging by when other people have heard, so I think it's more to do with that than when you had your interview

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Callipygian,
    Not been that long since my telephone interview so (slighlty) reassured by that.

Hope the assesment centre goes well for you.

ReputationRep:
    Had my AC, just waiting to hear back now. Anybody else got any news?

ReputationRep:
    What was the AC like? Was there a group exercise, presentation and interview?

Best of luck by the way

ReputationRep:
    Yup, on the FAQ section on the website it outlines it better than I could here. Oh there's also a tour though, you get to see sky news! like walk right into the studio.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Can anyone give any tips on what to expect from the sky technology assessment centre?

What kind of group discussion exercises and programme/business specific exercises did they have?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, rejection from sky. Not at all bothered though because i have been offered a job that i prefer elsewhere. They give you an email to email if you want feedback (within 4 weeks!!) and my email bounced, which is a bit wierd but there you go.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, rejection from sky. Not at all bothered though because i have been offered a job that i prefer elsewhere. They give you an email to email if you want feedback (within 4 weeks!!) and my email bounced, which is a bit wierd but there you go.
    Been 2 weeks now, pretty gutted as I can only assume I haven't got the job. Out of curiosity how did they contact you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilodare)
    Been 2 weeks now, pretty gutted as I can only assume I haven't got the job. Out of curiosity how did they contact you?
    Email

ReputationRep:
    Yup, on the FAQ section on the website it outlines it better than I could here. Oh there's also a tour though, you get to see sky news! like walk right into the studio.
    Hi,
    I have my ac coming up - could you please give more details on what you did on yours?

Were there SHL tests?
    What was the group exercise about?
    and if there was any program specific exercise?

Would really be grateful for some insight.

Thanks a lot!!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 29, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.