The Student Room Group

GCE Chemistry January 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
khz
OP
Original post by Chaofan88
I need your advice.. If I go over and revise the whole syllabus (with a couple of things I need to go over) by the wednesday 5th, do you think I'll have enough time to start practicing past papers from then onwards? Or is 6 days not enough?

Yeah but that means u have to complete almost everything by the 5th and then keep on revising papers non stop :smile: Revising papers are more helpful cause:
a) You get the hang of the questions
b) You get to learn further new points while solving it whch may not be present in the text book.

I'm solving unit 4 papers today and unit 5 tomorrow and then the final revision!:eek:
I have three days less than you so hopefully I'll be ur inspiration cause I think I'm lagging behind :tongue:
Good Luck to All Of You :biggrin:
It's just a matter of few days, study well! And then parataaay time :tongue:
Original post by schadenfreuder
Interestingly for Edexcel, from the mark schemes in unit 1, in calculation questions, the correct answer alone scores full marks. This can you save you a lot of time in certain questions when writing out the working can be tedious. Does anyone know about whether this is true for all of the calculation questions?

What's your take on this?
Reply 42
im confident with this, i think mines on the 13th next week
Reply 43
khz
OP
Original post by schadenfreuder
What's your take on this?

I have no clue about it, if we are lucky it might happen :smile:
but its better not to take a risk and just write the working like we usually do and if time is the problem, I think I'll try to do the rest of the paper quickly first and leave the calculatons for the end :smile:
If you aren't sure DO NOT TAKE THE RISK :redface:
Reply 44
khz
OP
:
Original post by banananon
Has anyone got the CHEM4 June 2010 paper please???
If anyones posted it, could you please direct me :smile:
Thanks in advance

Hello! Here it is, infact all the units are posted here

http://www.studentforums.biz/pastpapers/edexcel-june-2010-papers-biology-chemistry-physics!!!/

Good luck :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by khz
:

Hello! Here it is, infact all the units are posted here

http://www.studentforums.biz/pastpapers/edexcel-june-2010-papers-biology-chemistry-physics!!!/

Good luck :smile:

Ahhhh thanks! Rep for you :smile:
Reply 46
khz
OP
How is the preparation going on for you people now??
I have my Unit 3 Paper tomorrow :P I hope it goes good :smile:
Anybody else here has it?
Original post by khz
How is the preparation going on for you people now??
I have my Unit 3 Paper tomorrow :P I hope it goes good :smile:
Anybody else here has it?

Me! I'm worried for my bio unit 3 paper though since there's not much to be studied on. :frown:

How about you?
Reply 48
khz
OP
Original post by ACatCalledMeow
Me! I'm worried for my bio unit 3 paper though since there's not much to be studied on. :frown:

How about you?

I am kind of done with it but I still feel something's missing :confused:
Anyway good luck to you :smile:
Original post by khz
I am kind of done with it but I still feel something's missing :confused:
Anyway good luck to you :smile:

Same. :s-smilie: been reading through the past years though.

Good luck to you too. :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by banananon
Has anyone got the CHEM4 June 2010 paper please???
If anyones posted it, could you please direct me :smile:
Thanks in advance

Here is the link.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=29234318#post29234318
Goodluck :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by khz
Yeah but that means u have to complete almost everything by the 5th and then keep on revising papers non stop :smile: Revising papers are more helpful cause:
a) You get the hang of the questions
b) You get to learn further new points while solving it whch may not be present in the text book.

I'm solving unit 4 papers today and unit 5 tomorrow and then the final revision!:eek:
I have three days less than you so hopefully I'll be ur inspiration cause I think I'm lagging behind :tongue:
Good Luck to All Of You :biggrin:
It's just a matter of few days, study well! And then parataaay time :tongue:

I have read through the texbook but i haven't started doing past papers. Would start now. Can't wait until it is all over too! Goodluck with the exams. :smile:
any one else screwed?
Reply 53
Original post by Bruce_Lee
Basically i suggest u dont even look at the edexcel book its useless and full of mistakes. Its for the teacher to teach u from it if you know what i mean.....I was in the same position as you last year and sadly got a U because i had no one to tell me this, my teacher is completley useless...but iv been revising from september and am positive that i can get a A/B grade.
I recommend you buy the CGP revision guide and Letts and work on them as well do as many practice papers as possible. Good Luck. :smile:

I'm with you on that one. Only my teacher told me the book is useless so ... :smile:
Original post by purplebrainz
any one else screwed?

Here. :sad:

The **** was that? Wasn't like anything i've done. :angry::angry:
Original post by awais590
I haven't even started revision yet... fml. >_<;

hahaha, i looked and though, there must be loads in the same boat as me, then i realised you posted that 3rd dec hahaha, feck sake
Reply 56
khz
OP
Original post by purplebrainz
any one else screwed?

You gave your chem3 now as well? How was it?
Reply 57
Original post by Holte Ender
hahaha, i looked and though, there must be loads in the same boat as me, then i realised you posted that 3rd dec hahaha, feck sake

I still haven't started revision yet (for chem).. :eek::colondollar:
Original post by khz
You gave your chem3 now as well? How was it?

what?:s-smilie:
Reply 59
how did you guys do on this one (edexcel unit 3b) it was pretty tought.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending