Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is slipping on ice on your own the most embarrassing thing ever? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was walking with my boyfriend yesterday and slipped right on my arse and just sat there laughing. Luckily we were in a really quiet street and no one was around! It is funny...especially when you're on a really icy pavement gingerly composing every step

ReputationRep:
    It's not that embarrassing, you probably feel more embarrassed about it than it actually is. Most of the time the people that laugh are the ones that help you up. And they usually only laugh because you are laughing.

ReputationRep:
    At least it happened in front of your own race right?

ReputationRep:
    No. I'd say having a bird **** on you is worse.

I didn't slip in January and I haven't slipped during the current cold weather. Now that I've said that, I expect to perform a faceplant tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    There are more humilating things than slipping on ice, but at the time you're sitting in the snow/ice and nursing your brusied coccyx that's all you're thinking about!

I mentioned this on another post, but yesterday, I was crossing the road, slipped on black ice and fell directly on my rump...right into the path of an oncoming cyclist! He then braked, fell and slid towards me on his side, stopping JUST before he and his bike collided with my face. The handsome young gentleman then picked me (as well as my jaw) up off the floor. It was all rather exciting as I totally owe my life to him and if I were single... :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Haven't properly slipped this year...yet. :afraid: Last year was horrendous, though. I was rushing to get into college since I was late, but there were still a lot of people surrounding me, and fell flat on my arse. :nothing: This happened around 3 times. :nothing: I was so embarrassed the first time that I just got up without looking and this guy had to run behind me to give me my hat back which had fallen in the process rofl. I got people asking me if I was alright and needed help (whilst laughing ) but usually didn't take the offer because I'm :dumbells: The one time I did accept, the person slipped. :gigg: The worst one was where I was walking home and slipped so badly that I couldn't walk properly and everything hurt for a few days. Everything. :cry2: I was positive I had dislocated some part of my body but my mum was like :facepalm2: Those bruises were horrible. :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    No, this is:

ReputationRep:
    There are more embarrassing things.
    I haven't fallen yet, but I've slipped and skidded on paths a few times this winter.

The best is when someone slips over, gets up, takes one step and slips again... :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Just laugh it off. That's what I do......to be honest I find it funny myself. Sure I feel a bit embarrassed but it's easier to get on with your laugh if you can have a little joke about it yourself :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'd say walking into a door in your school and being laughed at by almost everyone around you, and then having to walk around with an ice pack attached to your nose for the rest of the day, is probably more embarrassing.

But seriously just laugh it off and move on... you would have probably laughed if someone else had slipped, right?

I think I've only ever slipped once and that was when I was doing my paper round so it was quite early in the morning for anyone to have really seen.

(Original post by m0man)
      No, this is:
      Hahahha, I remember that vid. :rofl2:

(Original post by Ladipidoo)
      Haven't properly slipped this year...yet. :afraid: Last year was horrendous, though. I was rushing to get into college since I was late, but there were still a lot of people surrounding me, and fell flat on my arse. :nothing: This happened around 3 times. :nothing: I was so embarrassed the first time that I just got up without looking and this guy had to run behind me to give me my hat back which had fallen in the process rofl. I got people asking me if I was alright and needed help (whilst laughing ) but usually didn't take the offer because I'm :dumbells: The one time I did accept, the person slipped. :gigg: The worst one was where I was walking home and slipped so badly that I couldn't walk properly and everything hurt for a few days. Everything. :cry2: I was positive I had dislocated some part of my body but my mum was like :facepalm2: Those bruises were horrible. :nopity:
      LMFAO, I won't even bother hauauau'ing cause I'll be here for days.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lewroll)
      I was with some people and slipped. They all started laughing so I pretended I was having a fit on the floor. That stopped the laughter...
      Legend :rofl:

ReputationRep:
      I slipped on my way to school today...going there AND coming back. Its ****ing embarassing

the worst thing was I laughed at a kid who slipped on the ice going to school, and I literally slipped ten seconds after

karma is a *****

ReputationRep:
      I fell over in school today
      My knee's all swollen now lol, I felt like such a douche.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TuckingFypo™)
      LMFAO, I won't even bother hauauau'ing cause I'll be here for days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-11908583
      This was blates you. :gigg:

ReputationRep:
      Boy, anyone who thinks that simply slipping over could possibly come near the "most embarassing thing" ever has had a really lucky life. D:

ReputationRep:
      Nothing is more embarrassing than calling a teacher "mum".

We've all done it...

ReputationRep:

Yeah...I take what I want, when I want. :dumbells:

ReputationRep:
        I slipped and fell forward (hurt my knee a little ) yesterday in the morning and there was no one around :awesome:
        My fault for rushing tbh

If you do fall with people around, just get back up.. and dont make any eye contact, dont look around like to see who looking/laughing. Just wipe the snow/ dirt off, and walk on

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What time of year is the worst for students?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.