Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's Christmaaaaaaas...what's Christmas like in your house? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Nothing... My mom was meant to buy one but my sister kept moaning now we aint getting one!

ReputationRep:
    I still don't have my Christmas tree up!
    Hopefully, I'll get some time tomorrow
    Unfortunately, we never get snow in the south of Spain so it's no white christmas for me!
    Instead we get sun and like 15 degrees or more!!!

ReputationRep:
    Buying our tree today, probably decorating it later/ tomorrow, ah the joys of Christmas
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    A productive weekend

ReputationRep:
    I've set up mine since October! Been feeling very Christmasy and i decided to set up a Blue and Silver themed tree this year!

ReputationRep:
    Decorations are already up, to add to the festive mood, I'm having a Christmas meal with my friends this week.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's silly and trivial and all that, but show off your christmas tree!

Are you going real or fake? Are you plastering it in tinsel or have you been inspired by Giorgio Sadotti's minimalist tree for the Tate Britain (http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesi...adotti-giorgio)?

Here's mine:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Don't have one :'(

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumdedoobie)
    Hey, the merged my thread

That's a sweet tree - fake, right? I can't tell :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booksnob)
    Yes, it's silly and trivial and all that, but show off your christmas tree!

Are you going real or fake? Are you plastering it in tinsel or have you been inspired by Giorgio Sadotti's minimalist tree for the Tate Britain (http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesi...adotti-giorgio)?

Here's mine:

Spoiler:
    Show

Your house looks warm and homely btw.

ReputationRep:
    the only tradition i have is open one present on christmas eve. I always go a diffrent place for christmas last year canada this year south america but its always to spend christmas with friends or family mainly friends tho

ReputationRep:
    We're celebrating christmas on boxing day this year(!), because my mum's working on the 25th. So I'm expecting the real christmas day to be a complete washout - I'll probably drown my sorrows with wine and Mad Men series 1 (I have the same tradition, sarahhx).

On the plus side, it's going to snow apparently! Got to be a first in my lifetime.

ReputationRep:
    I love getting up early on Xmas day and seeing family friends & neighbours etc.
    I wish the snow had come later, would of liked this on Xmas day:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    It's my Dad's turn to have me of Christmas day this year (parents divorced when I was young and they did the one year xmas day, next boxing day and to this day I've kept it like that and not once has it changed ) so I shall be going over there on Christmas eve. Upon being there drinking shall commence and, to keep to tradition, I'll be watching Bad Santa. The rest is unknown so far.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite tradition is the one that say "the tv is NOT to be turned on until 10pm at the absolute earliest". We've never watched tv on Christmas day and boy have we had a much more enjoyable time as a result of that one rule.

ReputationRep:
    My family reads the Quran in the morning.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Lol jk, we open presents at 7 am in the morning and then have a Christmas breakfast. Chill for a bit, get dressed blah blah, and then Christmas lunch. Then when we're all dinnered up, we say thank you to each other in our family for the presents we've received. Just before we go to bed, we have a christmas hot chocolate for good luck And I get the family christmas cakes from my work place

ReputationRep:
    Christmas shopping done and presents have all been wrapped up!

Films, gifts, family, films, Doctor Who Christmas special, just 11 days to go! :gah:

ReputationRep:
    I'm so excited about Chistmas! It's my favourite time of year mainly because you get to spend so much time with your family, but also because the whole persona of society changes to one more generous and prosperous.

Not been hit too badly with the snow here in the midlands but hoping for some on Christmas Day!

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering smoking a fat-ass cigar every Christmas.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.