Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are you buying your boyfriend/girlfriend for christmas? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    People are getting a lot and a lot of expensive stuff... we had like a £30 limit last year!! So much for the poor student thing.

This year we decided that we're both poor and that it's more about the company, bla bla bla... so nothing at all. We're just going to spend a little more on a nice night out.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting him a DVD - Ross Nobles Sonic Waffle, as he's wanted it for ages
    And little things like his favourite chocolate and stuff.. have zero money :/

ReputationRep:
    hi TS,

if you are a girl: get your man cocaine

if you are a guy: get your girl a Tiffany Paloma Picasso SugarStack ring.

http://www.tiffany.co.uk/Shopping/It...+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

cool

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting him a DVD and an FML book for his stockings, and he's asked for ipod speakers for our anniversary and Christmas.

I feel sorry for him- anniversary, Christmas and my birthday are all within a week. At least I have 6 months to think up new presents for him.
    I know that he's probably getting me one present for all 3, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll sparkle.

ReputationRep:
    I made him a mini kayak because I can't afford an actual one ^^
    Probably going to add chocolates and other stuff with that

ReputationRep:
    I'm adopting a tiger for him from WWF

ReputationRep:
    More of a present for both of us, but we're going to America for a week (in 10 days!) to see his favourite NFL team, New England Patriots. Still need to get a couple of things for him to unwrap, I have some ideas already but he hates surprises so it's tricky!

bump

ReputationRep:
    a ps3/360 game, dvd? personally id be happy with that.
    on the other hand im getting my gf paul smith rose perfume and a sewing box from cath kidston

ReputationRep:
    At this rate? Probably nothing. Which is a shame, because I'd even gone to the trouble of compiling a list.

ReputationRep:
    perfume from here

http://federicomahoracosmetics.blogspot.com/

ReputationRep:
    Have given him a pretty nifty calendar already with a few things such as "lets go to a restaurant- my treat", kind of thing... so hopefully that will play a part in it (unless he just throws them all away, and eat all the candy), and I was thinking about giving him a plush toy (another pig... to pair up with the one I gave him last year...).
    Perhaps...
    It's a bit silly, I know... but I'm pretty poor atm (I use all of my money to either pay for the place I'm leaving in, my tuition, or train tickets home to see my boyfriend / general family..

So I'm unable to cash out on something big... and I rather prefer those kind of presents, opposed to useful ones..
    Besides, if he keeps my notes... they should provide a pretty nice gift in themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting my boyfriend a really nice ring from H Samuel. It's 'only' £50, but I know it's something he definitely wants (I had to get him to try it on for size, obviously) as he's so picky. I'm not expecting much from him as he's a poor music student, aha! But it's my 18th in January so apparently I may be getting a joint Christmas and birthday gift .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim1234567)
    Joggers and a 'Simons Cat' book.... Pathetic really, I don't know what else to get him. He's into guitars but I've think I've stretched that a bit far in the past few years...
    If he's into guitars if you search around you can get personalised guitar picks
    I did that for my boyfriend a few years ago and he loved it, got a picture of us on them, quite cheap as well for the amount you get
    Problem is theres no way I can ever out do that present now

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'll take her to watch film and buy a neckerchief for her.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Not entirely sure yet, but I know I'm getting him a really funky Tardis mug, a book (100 things to become a superhero (or an evil genius) and baking cookies and iced muffins. I have no idea what else. :|

ReputationRep:
    Photo Frame (really unsure), some lego and a T Shirt. I like to do little things over the year, so Christmas seems a bit of an overspend and indulgence that I struggle to get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Persephone9)
    Well, he's not really my boyfriend, but a naked calendar that has me in a few months, and some cake
    Negged? For what? That's what he is actually getting.

ReputationRep:
    A bean-bag cushion that I have that she LOVES and a Jack Wills hoodie cos she stole mine and loves it so much she won't give it back :p:

ReputationRep:
    ive got my girlfriend a specially made engraved jewellery box, some earrings a bracelet and a glass thing with silver hearts blown into it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.