Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by air-ninety-one)
    yes of course! i mean, a website called quranmiracles would in no way be biased and in favour of the quran. that would be ridiculous. why not go on a science website, or even watch evolution documentaries on the bbc or even youtube. please let's just leave it at that.

no more pointless arguing. it's not like ypur ever going to listen to me anyway
    No it's not biased towards the Qu'ran. There are many other science websites that support the ideas on that website. Maybe if you read some of the articles and discussed them with your 'scientists' they will tell you it's correct. I have seen Evolution documentaries and the idea is interesting but my point is that it is just a theory yet to be proven.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    That's bizarre logic. It's horrendous how when scummy pakistani males groom white girls for gang rape there's no mention of race at all. But this attack on a religious building, used by followers of all races, is deemed race motivated. What a joke.

what? are you joking?! in any article about what you're referring to, it mentions race on every other line!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joebro)
    seriously? this is one of those arguments which is so irrational it is hard to make an argument against it. but im gonna try anyway, because your views are ridiculous.

1)the police force are fairly racist, simply because they have to make stereotypes of people to try and stop crime. there are plenty of studies on institutional racism by the police - read them. and there are plenty of examples where they have overreacted and got the wrong person because of race - that brazilian guy who got shot in the tube being one of them.

2) 'we are being pushed out of our country by foreigners' is a classic ridiculous argument which is usually splashed all over papers like the Sun and the Daily Mail. firstly, we opened ourselves up to immigration after the second world war to try and encourage people from the commonwealth to work here as doctors etc - so we caused your 'problem' ourselves, and its just typical that the media should spin it round. And people moving here from the commonwealth practically saved our economy - look at how many doctors there are in the NHS, for instance. people too often focus on the negatives rather than appreciating that without immigration we would be ****ed.

3)
    most of the undeserving scum ARE the British. this can be seen in benefit claims, educational achievement etc - infact, most ethnic minorities such as Asians massively outperform british students in every stage of education.

4)The whole idea of making britian british is a bit childish - multiculturalism has been a part of british culture for a good 50 years now, and if you cant deal with it, then frankly i think i would prefer if you left.
    a) 'minorities' are police officers too. don't be so racist as to assume all police officers are white and therefore make racist judgements on other races because they are white. you ****ing racist scum. white people are not racist and it's people like you who are racist for thinking this and who are the ones trying to kick white people out their own country. it's disgusting.

b) http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...imination.html women and ethnic minorities are now able to be hired over equally qualified white male candidates. tell me i am wrong now? this country is disgraceful.

ReputationRep:
    seriously? this is one of those arguments which is so irrational it is hard to make an argument against it. but im gonna try anyway, because your views are ridiculous.

1)the police force are fairly racist, simply because they have to make stereotypes of people to try and stop crime. there are plenty of studies on institutional racism by the police - read them. and there are plenty of examples where they have overreacted and got the wrong person because of race - that brazilian guy who got shot in the tube being one of them.

2) 'we are being pushed out of our country by foreigners' is a classic ridiculous argument which is usually splashed all over papers like the Sun and the Daily Mail. firstly, we opened ourselves up to immigration after the second world war to try and encourage people from the commonwealth to work here as doctors etc - so we caused your 'problem' ourselves, and its just typical that the media should spin it round. And people moving here from the commonwealth practically saved our economy - look at how many doctors there are in the NHS, for instance. people too often focus on the negatives rather than appreciating that without immigration we would be ****ed.

3)
    most of the undeserving scum ARE the British. this can be seen in benefit claims, educational achievement etc - infact, most ethnic minorities such as Asians massively outperform british students in every stage of education.

4)The whole idea of making britian british is a bit childish - multiculturalism has been a part of british culture for a good 50 years now, and if you cant deal with it, then frankly i think i would prefer if you left.
    You contradict yourself here multiple times... Your pro multiculturalism yet were racist.? I think not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenlaner)
    I dont see how that is relavent to this incident? Or is it just some pathetic attempt at trying to justify this attack?
    it's relevant because it's wrong to think these 'crimes' are racist attacks. they may be hate crimes (although if it's one incident on a building that happens to be a mosque how is that different to a train station or some corporate building or a pub?) but in no way whatsoever are they racist attacks. it's just so wrong to think that. dangerously wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    "The incident is being treated by police as a deliberate racist attack."

Assuming this is a mosque. How are the muslims a race? Or is it me who is missing something here? Shouldn't it be considered a hate crime and not a racist attack?
    I agree, unless the person attacked the mosque because the people who used it were of a certain race. If that person was racist against say people from Pakistan and saw that many people using the mosque were Pakistani and burned it down because of that then it is a racist incident.

ReputationRep:
    "That Brazilian Guy" was shot because when asked to stop by armed police he ran away. Any normal person confronted with armed police stands still but instead, this guy in the middle of a busy tube station, decided to run away and try his best to escape. Any reasonable police officer would have shot him because if they hadn't and he'd then gone and blown up a train, the police would have been ripped for not acting. The police can't win unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    I won't go so far as to say it was right to try to burn the place down. They should have buried a pig in the grounds or something. That would stop construction without resorting to violence
    The mosque is very unpopular with the general White and Non-Muslim population, myself included. It's offensive and divisive, it symbolises the Islamisation of this place. The giant minaret says it all.

Oh and this was not a "racist attack". What a load of *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    I won't go so far as to say it was right to try to burn the place down. They should have buried a pig in the grounds or something. That would stop construction without resorting to violence
    The mosque is very unpopular with the general White and Non-Muslim population, myself included. It's offensive and divisive, it symbolises the Islamisation of this place. The giant minaret says it all.

The mosque is a place of worship for Muslims, just as a church is for christians.

ReputationRep:
    disgusting, racist ***** - thats what they are

ReputationRep:

Assuming this is a mosque. How are the muslims a race? Or is it me who is missing something here? Shouldn't it be considered a hate crime and not a racist attack?
    The motivation may not be their religion but the race of those inside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)

you're sickening enough too. ever been to spain? why the hell don't they find it offensive then? anti-muslim Ku Klux Klan leader in the making. troll.

ReputationRep:

although muslims are not a race, it is known that in the uk muslims are synonymous with asians. The police know this and with previous attacks and other tensions in such area they associate this crime as a "race hate attack"....

just like in germany where turks are synonymous with muslims, lebanese in australia etc...

ReputationRep:
    two things strike me about this:

1) it has been branded a "deliberate racist attack". Islam isn't a race, and it clearly wasn't an accident.

2) Now they know what it is like to be on the other side of terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    2) Now they know what it is like to be on the other side of terrorism.
    Muslims knew what it was like when the 7/7 bombings happened. Or do you think Muslims are immune to explosions?

This attack is a disgusting act which could have injured and even killed children.
    Yet people will still claim there is no Islamophobia in Britain and it's all just made up by those PC liberals. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Typical behaviour in Stoke-on-Trent really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Man.)
    Muslims knew what it was like when the 7/7 bombings happened. Or do you think Muslims are immune to explosions?

This attack is a disgusting act which could have injured and even killed children.
    Yet people will still claim there is no Islamophobia in Britain and it's all just made up by those damn liberals. :rolleyes:
    Islamaphobia will dissapear when muslims stop trying to change our society, end of, and when bad things done by muslims stop heppening.

ReputationRep:
    Islamaphobia will dissapear when muslims stop trying to change our society, end of, and when bad things done by muslims stop heppening.
    "Islamophobia in the uk is esesntially a disliking for muslims.
    Even if muslims tried their very best to "integrate", english society will change due to the increasing numbers of muslims (and other non-whites). You cannot do anything about it.

ReputationRep:
    Islamaphobia will dissapear when muslims stop trying to change our society, .
    Yeah, how dare they have the same democratic rights as everyone else

end of, and when bad things done by muslims stop heppening.
    Because that justifies hatred of all Muslims doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Man.)
    Yeah, how dare they have the same democratic rights as everyone else

Because that justifies hatred of all Muslims doesn't it?
    Ofcourse muslims have the same democratic rights, but other people have their opinions also, because we live in a democracy ofcourse.

Hatred towards anyone only happens in extreme situations, like constantly seeing a group of people killing others, and so called 'moderate' muslims doing the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMQ7xJAGfks

Whatr I think needs to happen, is for everyone to sit down, and have a cup of tea

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.