Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NSPCC Campaign on facebook : to stop violence against children Watch

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have a good childhood I honestly can't remember any characters I watched/liked during my childhood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guvnor)
    The thread is not really about getting more people to go out there and doing voluntary work for the NSPCC its about changing your fb pic to a cartoon character for a purpose, which is to stop violence against children.

That's all you can bend the thread in one hundred and one ways but look at first what this thread is all about, if your up for it then put a cartoon pic and if not then don't, its as simple as that. Don't know why people are trying to make it look confusing and asking questions ? Its pretty simple in simple english to understand.
    Here's an interesting thought.

If you really wanted to "raise awareness" surely the better thing to do would be to leave a status update on your profile providing a link to the NSPCC website or a number to call to donate or something like that.

For most people, they're going to log onto facebook, see a number of their "friends" have, for some random reason, changed their profile pictures to a cartoon and think nothing more of it. Their "awareness" will not have been raised one bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnytheFox)
    Here's an interesting thought.

If you really wanted to "raise awareness" surely the better thing to do would be to leave a status update on your profile providing a link to the NSPCC website or a number to call to donate or something like that.

For most people, they're going to log onto facebook, see a number of their "friends" have, for some random reason, changed their profile pictures to a cartoon and think nothing more of it. Their "awareness" will not have been raised one bit.
    If you had read the first post with some consideration, you would have come across this, which led me to this campaign in the first place as I saw it in my friends status;

"Change your Facebook profile picture to a character from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same, for the NSPCC. Until Monday (December 6), there should be no human faces on Facebook, but an invasion of memories. This is a campaign to stop violence against children"

Pretty much straight forward If people want to do more I'm sure they can Google NSPCC and find out how to volunteer or make donations, the thread the campaign is about something else.

ReputationRep:
    People hit their kids? Who knew?

Thank God for Facebook statuses raising awareness.

PS) Boo hoo, neggers! Once again showing how much difference you think you make by clicking a button, and how little you actually do. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Mine is of Superman. Yeah, I'm cool

ReputationRep:
    This is far more annoying and just as productive as the other charity-type statuses people post (eg "post this if you support our armed forces"). Nowhere in the status does it mention the charity name* or the link to the collection page, which for all everyone's "efforts" has raised a measly £100:

http://www.justgiving.com/fbcartoon

And if I do join in and change my profile pic, this is what I'll change it to:

* some of the statuses do mention the name but there are quite a few that don't

ReputationRep:
    ^ Lol thought of doing Pedobear too, among other internet memes

Cool idea I guess. I was stumped though, I literally had no idea why some of my friends were using cartoon pictures, thought they were just randomly nostalgic

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was quite a cool idea, especially since I haven't thought of the NSPCC in years.
    ive changed mine to the characters in "teen titans"

ReputationRep:

i beat you all :mfing:

EDIT: it was a dexters lab pic

ReputationRep:
    Goku from dragonball z

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesnowman)
    FAT DOG... doo doo doo... Who remembers Fat Dog Mendoza? Thats my pic
    haha yeah, they used to show that all the time on cartoon network

OLD ERA OF CARTOON NETWORK!! :king1:

ReputationRep:
    This cartoon thing has been going on for over a month now and has nothing to do with the NSPCC, or didn't originally.

Started off as just a way to bring back childhood memories, then it was a big **** you to Facebook, now it's a charity thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    This cartoon thing has been going on for over a month now and has nothing to do with the NSPCC, or didn't originally.

Started off as just a way to bring back childhood memories, then it was a big **** you to Facebook, now it's a charity thing.
    Huh. You're right:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/facebo...e-picture-week

ReputationRep:
    It's annoying cos I've see sooo many cartoons, love some of the old classic Nickelodeon and cartoon network ones

Fatdog mendoza, Ren and stimpy, Edd Ed n Eddy, Invader Zim, Catdog (the most retarded cartoon ever), Cow and Chicken (I take that back, the actual most retarded cartoon ever), Courage the Cowardly Dog. Samurai Jack.... one of the best action cartoons ever

Hey Arnold! the list just goes on and on and on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    haha yeah, they used to show that all the time on cartoon network

OLD ERA OF CARTOON NETWORK!! :king1:
    You legend. Courage the Cowardly Dog?

ReputationRep:

is mine

loads of people have changed their pictures, great response

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ussumane)
    One of my friends already has them.

Stingy *******, he could have just used one of them two :mad:
    Some people are so selfish.

It's interesting looking at the photos my friends have put up, the memories flood...

Grendizer how I loved you!!

Sigh... those were the days.

ReputationRep:
    As someone who was abused as a child, I can appreciate raising awareness of the charity. But to be honest, most people are changing their pictures because their friends have etc, moreover, changing pictures is going to do **** all to help the situation...

ReputationRep:
    Russel the wilderness explorer dont forget to donate too people! xx

ReputationRep:
    Cheetor from Beast Wars.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.