Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Whats the nicest thing you have ever done for a stranger? Watch

ReputationRep:
    We pushed a car up an icy drive as they couldn't get up the driveway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TuckingFypo™)
    I once handed a phone into lost property back in college, and the girl who owned it tracked me down to say thanks.
    Your lucky, I (yeah this is probably my nicest thing) found a wallet on the bus, checked it and found a college card, so I went on a 45 minute trek to this college on the other side of town, and handed it in. This worst thing though, was that this guy was there, and I'd just handed him his wallet, with EVERYTHING in, and also £90 - and he left me there with no bus fare with me trying to ring my Mum to get a lift. I ended walking home again, for an hour and got home at around 5.30 (he heard me on the phone, so he knew I had nothing).

ReputationRep:
    Blowjob.

ReputationRep:
    Last week on my paper round I helped an elderly lady fix another cushion to her mobility scooter
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    For me, I was at the station and I'd just picked up a metro when an old guy next to me, with a walking stick, asked if they were free papers. I handed him mine and went and got another one for myself - it was far easier for me to get up and pick one up, and he seemed to really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    Once I grabbed a little girl's arm to stop her when she was about to run into the road, her dad was about 20 paces behind and wouldn't have got there in time. I don't know if this counts as a nice thing though, it was just instinct (anyway maybe she would have stopped before she was in the traffic). Sometimes I help strangers with pushchairs/luggage on stairs.

ReputationRep:
    She said she didn't want to, but to this day I still reckoned she enjoyed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asparkyn)
    The world needs more people like you :hugs: Did anything happen after that?
    He rang the doorbell, his mother opened the door and practically strangled him when she hugged him. :lol: His father came along and they offered to refund the fare I'd paid, but I'd have just been embarrassed to watch them find the £2.20, so refused. Then they kept thanking me profusely (also embarrassing) until they realised their other son was still looking sheepish, and got back to yelling at him.

ReputationRep:
    * Gave £20 to some random homeless guy for no real reason.

* Helped push at least 2 cars out of the snow since the cold started.

Argh brain isn't working, just small things really. I

ReputationRep:
    The other night actually, there was a lass who was pretty much out of it near the toilets and some guy was all over her. I ignored it but my conscience got the better of me so I went back up told him she was my girlfriend, stuck her in a taxi and went back inside.

I clearly hadn't drunk enough.

ReputationRep:
    Helped them with their bags (i don't work for a supermarket either)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Blowjob.
    This guy doesn't count

ReputationRep:
    Nothing much I don't think. Given my seat up for elderly/pregnant women, nothing more significant than things like that. I've helped women with pushchairs get up/down stairs etc.. and lent a man a pound at a tube station as he didn't have the fare, but nothing really big.

I was out on NYE one year, and there was a homeless guy shivering in the snow without shoes and I felt so bad just looking at him (how could he survive this cold night like this?) I gave him a few quid. Bits and pieces like that, like I said, nothing major. It's not that I wouldn't, it's just things don't really come up. I've never found a wallet or anything like that.. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcharchar)
    I like to smile at random passers by, I like to think it makes their day just a tiny bit more bearable
    it does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    For me, I was at the station and I'd just picked up a metro when an old guy next to me, with a walking stick, asked if they were free papers. I handed him mine and went and got another one for myself - it was far easier for me to get up and pick one up, and he seemed to really appreciate it
    So you walked a few metres? Hardly Mother Theresa.

ReputationRep:
    -When I used to work a woman had 3 kids with her who were all a bit hyper, so I carried her stuff to her car for her.
    -At uni someone left their USB in the computer. So I looked under "my computer" and they had named it so I left a little note at the computer saying I have taken your USB to the computer service reception place, please give them your name. Then I went to hand it in there, and told them to make sure the person gives their name - if I had left it somebody might have just deleted all the work and kept it, and if I didn't know their name and just left a note telling them I handed it in somebody might have done the same. I always hand things in if I find them, I like to think somebody would do the same for me.
    -Always telling people if they have dropped something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    Good actions, do them and keep them for yourself. Stop being so phonily fakes. Seems like TSR users do good things to be able to talk about themselves as altruist persons. Selfish!
    I think it's called 'philanthropy' these days

ReputationRep:
    When I was about 11 I had a paper round. At one particular house, I went to the door to post the paper and the owner's set of keys were still hanging in the door. I knocked the door and let the owner know that they were there as I handed him his paper. He then came running after me with a fiver and said thanks.

I'm sure I've done nice things more recently but that's all I can remember at the moment :')

ReputationRep:
    well i had already over slept by 10 mins and so i was running late.
    to get to my station, you have to walk down these looooooooong stairs and then walk for like 2 mins to get there ( takes 2mins if you're fast).
    as i was rapidly approaching the stairs, there was a woman with her pram trying to get down the stairs by herself.
    i was disgusted when i saw 2 people walk past her quickly to get the train and to avoid helping her. so i offered to help her carry her heavy pram, (it was really heavy) and then she said 'thank you so much' and i felt proud of myself.
    i knew i had my missed my train in my mind but it turned out that the train i was meant to catch got delayed by 4/5mins and i was relieved to have caught it

ReputationRep:
    An old lady once asked me to help her across the road. Another time and old lady fell over right next to me on the way to the bus station so me and a man helped her up and into the bus station, sat her down and made sure she was ok.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.