Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What to get short term gf for Christmas? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Be careful, women are hard to please.

ReputationRep:
    I think personal presents are the best; things that mean something to the person you give them to. The sort of present that if you gave it to someone else they wouldn't necessarily appreciate it but for that person it's amazing. I know the best presents I've ever got have been like that, good presents because they were personal and a lot of thought went into them - not things like jewellery which is normally fairly impersonal. So asking randomers on the internet isn't going to get you any good ideas, you need to think about what she likes and her interests/quirks, not ours!

Having said that, chocolate is always a good present.

ReputationRep:
    http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.c...bea16b9294.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I read this as "want a short term gf for Christmas?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrewNormality)
    How about a bunch of realistic looking high quality artificial roses?
    Ye....Noooo. Rubbish idea, ignore this OP. If I got a bunch of fake flowers for Xmas I would not be happy. Chocolate would be better, if you want to be that cheap about it. But some nice chocolate...Thorntons or Hotel Chocolat or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    We are spending up to £100 on eachother.
    Jewellery is easy as my parents have a jewellery shop so i get it really cheap lol.
    ****ING HELL, my boyfriend of two years never spent more than £50 on me. Glad I split up with him now :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PapaShmurff)
    Pos rep for how bad of an idea that was :lol:
    Thanks
    (Original post by sophisticated)
    Ye....Noooo. Rubbish idea, ignore this OP. If I got a bunch of fake flowers for Xmas I would not be happy. Chocolate would be better, if you want to be that cheap about it. But some nice chocolate...Thorntons or Hotel Chocolat or something.
    Look at the username

But I shall justify myself; the good ones are far from cheap, if anything they're more expensive that real ones and are never out of season, furthermore the ones I'm talking about can easily pass for real flowers and they don't wilt or need attention; so you give her a single, romantic rose, she can then keep it and it will always remind her of your love for her... right? Right?

No, okay, I was just being special, I mean, c'mon, screw normality!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    £100 for a 2month relationship. :lolwut:
    Sounds very reasonable to me tbh.

OP what does she like? You can tailor something that will wow her and show you are actually paying attention to her when she talks!

ReputationRep:
    A limp.

ReputationRep:
    get her a pen which is also a clock ooooooooo

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.