Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PPS Catz Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuzzball798)
    if i'm honest, i think there will be increases in the numbers of applicants for PPS to all colleges, and the university as a whole, with some colleges going up markedly (catz?), and some maybe not so much (the graduate colleges?). anyway, even if i were lucky enough to be pooled, i doubt i'd get a place...don't they base it on some sort of auto-pool (i.e. amazing academic record? like above 90ums in all AS' and 9a*s or more at gcse...which i don't have btw :P)

Oh well, we shall see !
    You've made me feel thoroughly depressed :P Ah well, no I'm not all that hopeful either. I'm trying to resign myself to a rejection beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackpot)
    You've made me feel thoroughly depressed :P Ah well, no I'm not all that hopeful either. I'm trying to resign myself to a rejection beforehand.
    i know, its going to be such an anticlimax! i can honestly say i've tried not thinking about it, but have done every day since the interviews..yes, i am that sad :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theapplicant1)
    i know, its going to be such an anticlimax! i can honestly say i've tried not thinking about it, but have done every day since the interviews..yes, i am that sad :L
    Ha, so have I I think it's normal Ah it'd be so nice to get in, but hmm...trying to stay realistic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sentiment)
    X
    (Original post by theapplicant1)
    X
    (Original post by fuzzball798)
    X
    (Original post by Herbert.Hu)
    X
    (Original post by kurenai)
    X

Good luck tomorrow everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck tomorrow everyone!
    So, we will get the decision tomorrow? How did you know this?....someone told me it would be today...but nothing came...

ReputationRep:
    So, we will get the decision tomorrow? How did you know this?....someone told me it would be today...but nothing came...
    Letters posted on the 5th + First Class post = hopefully arriving on the 6th (tomorrow).

ReputationRep:
    Guys? How are your offers? I was thrown into the winter pool........

ReputationRep:
    Guys? How are your offers? I was thrown into the winter pool........
    Well , well done on being pooled! I was rejected

ReputationRep:
    I havent received anything Probably tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurenai)
    I havent received anything Probably tomorrow
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Rejected :')

ReputationRep:
    still nothing

ReputationRep:
    I may be posting this in completely the wrong place but here goes:

I'm think of applying to Catz this year for PPS (specializing in sociology, I have little knowledge of politics or psychology) but I know that none of the staff/fellows really teach sociology..

So basically, I'm wondering if when you appled to the college, they asked you what subject you're interested in specializing in? Because I'm terrified of applying, (hopefully) getting an interview and then just being asked about politics/psychology and NOTHING about sociology.

Any replies would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsasg)
    I may be posting this in completely the wrong place but here goes:

I'm think of applying to Catz this year for PPS (specializing in sociology, I have little knowledge of politics or psychology) but I know that none of the staff/fellows really teach sociology..

So basically, I'm wondering if when you appled to the college, they asked you what subject you're interested in specializing in? Because I'm terrified of applying, (hopefully) getting an interview and then just being asked about politics/psychology and NOTHING about sociology.

Any replies would be appreciated
    Hey, try the PPS thread somewhere in the cambridge colleges and courses thread.

I applied to somewhere where i knew a psychology tutor would be, and was pooled to somewhere where a psychology tutor was a DoS (main interest in psychology... knew little about the other two).

Unlike PPE at oxford, where you are expected to know all 3 subjects, PPS is a rather unusual degree and all the subjects are taught expecting no prior knowlegde. I got asked really broad questions and answered most of them with psychology/sciencey replies. I think the tutor probably knew i had very little knowledge of politics or sociology. You will probably be expected to know something about the other two courses, or at least know why you applied for PPS rather than a straight sociology degree- other than it not being offered by oxford. I can only speak from my own experience though...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.