Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The radio presenter is just a biggot! He makes no argument other than some shallow sterotypes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    I think the radio presenter owned himself tbh.
    lol this

thread fail

ReputationRep:
    Radio DJ is generalising.

(Original post by mathperson)
      What do you mean he didn't make any credible points, everything he said was true lol.

If you want to brand anyone who stands up for what is right, and hold people accountable for what they have done wrong uneducated, then so be it, but this is a free country and a democracy and people will stand up for what they believe regardless of whether they are branded racist by people who don't accept responsibility (and people who don't know the difference between race and religion).
      How were they credible? He went on a tirade, based purely on the fact that a few Muslims have commit atrocities. However, he tried to apply that to each and every Muslim. How's that credible? If anything, it's borderline delusional.

I didn't brand him a racist. I know, quite clearly, the difference between race and religion.

As for 'what is right', that's debatable.

ReputationRep:
      I would also like to say as a Muslim, that I do not believe in any of this "horse sh*t" about killing all Americans and females with out hijab and blowing up buildings.. But rather I am quite liberal and do not force my beliefs onto others. Secondly I would like to point out that the host/ media potray us very badly, not all of us are extremists, in fact my mother doesn't even wear the headscarf some times and she is still a Muslim, I have english friends... And we integrate with our neighborhood...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by S-man10)
      Not all of them. I've seen you make this claim a lot of times, but do you really expect someone to accept certain answers when they are illogical or nonsensical? :wink2:
      He was in the Ask a Muslim thread and was questioning about some issue I cant remember which, but it went through 2 pages with people answering him in full using hadiths, verses, etc. He will not accept the answer because his initial mindset has been cemented firmly to hold his prejudices against Islam.

ReputationRep:
      Why is it that although everything the presenter said was true, we get the muslims come on here, neg' repping everyone who holds islam accountable for the behaviour of some of its members, not standing up and addressing any of the issues that the dj said (even though all of them were true). These muslims are the sort of people the dj talks about, typical, and you then go onto say that the people the dj mentions are not representative of every muslim, no, then start showing it.

ReputationRep:
      actually made me cringe.

(Original post by Jacktri)
      40 seconds in.. this radio guy sounds like a complete nob
      and this.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tootles)
      What language is that in your signature?
      Java, with slightly incorrect syntax. It should be

else
      {throw new EpicThreadFailException()}

ReputationRep:
      You will get extremists EVERYWHERE, within all religions so why is it islam that is under attack in particular? What I dont understand is why people only focus on the flaws within the people of Islam. The religion should not be critisized because it certainly does not condone the things mentioned by the radio presenter like shooting children. If you need this to be confirmed, all you have to do is read a translated version of the quran/hadeeths which clarify the ways in which a muslim should behave. Yes, some people who claim to be muslim may carry these acts out but it is them and not the religion behind this. Also, has anyone noticed how rape, murders as a result of people being drunk and other things that cover our headlines etc are never something that Islam is critisized of? In my opinion these are things that should also cause "outrage"

ReputationRep:
      As the above user said, how can you even begin to talk about supposed 'crimes' against Israel when Israel is arguably (maybe on par with the USA) the biggest war criminal out there. The radio DJ is a laughing stock, 'horse shyt, horse shyt' , i mean what kind of debate is that? The DJ resorted to using teenage-esque arguing techniques which are easily picked off. I mean he claims that there is no outrage when the girls were burnt in the school and weren't let out, yet muslims are outraged over a cartoon. WHY? Us muslims find it obscene to even contemplate the thought of the perpetrators of these crimes being regarded as muslim, so therefore it would be nonsensical to even protest in the name of islam. When the religion is being directly attacked, surely it is right to protest against it. The DJ is an absolute uneducated fool who wouldn't survive a second against top scholars like Dr. Zakir Naik, since his replies would probably consist of something along the lines of 'horse shyt'.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      Why is it that although everything the presenter said was true, we get the muslims come on here, neg' repping everyone who holds islam accountable for the behaviour of some of its members, not standing up and addressing any of the issues that the dj said (even though all of them were true). These muslims are the sort of people the dj talks about, typical, and you then go onto say that the people the dj mentions are not representative of every muslim, no, then start showing it.
      The DJ is also a hyprocrite when he talks about Muslims attacking Isreal, when he quiet conveninatly doesn't mention the attrocoties that Isreal (the real terrorist state) has commited against the people of Palestine.

ReputationRep:
      Please stop trying to use my sentences because you want to come back with something that sounds intelligent, but can't think of anything else.

Anyway, I never said anything about bigotry lol, I said simply that religion is different to race.

He wasn't making generalisations at all. He mentioned things that happen everyday around the world that muslims are involved with, in order to criticise someone for what they have done wrong, you do not need to make a list of things that other people might not have done, saying that you do is simply a way of not taking responsibility and a way of trying to shift attention.

So you say that someone who does something in the name of Islam is not a real muslim? So you are admitting that the things that the radio presenter is saying is right? Gosh, that is a huge generalisation
      hurrah! religion is different to race. guess what - this is perfect ****ing obvious to most intelligent people (clearly not you then), so you pointing it out was a poor attempt to derail that girl's argument, because at the end of the day, what she really meant was "discrimination" and you knew it.

as for the rest - i have made my point, and i cannot be bothered with internet ********s any more, because if this argument was in the real world between you and the rest of the people on this thread, you and your completely stupid arguments would be proved wrong more or less immediately.

(Original post by Mujeriego)
        And I'm astounded by the number of people who think they are etymological experts by constantly pointing out the obvious to derail the thread. Let's not forget the people who fail to capitalise basic nouns whilst picking on others' mistakes either. :rolleyes:
        I don't really care about capitalising that word tbh. And if you have been on this forum as long as I have, you would know better. :wink2:

ReputationRep:
        And so should we kill all Americans/ western community due to a few KKK peoples beliefs ???

ReputationRep:
        who said I was making an argument, all I done was load up as video? :confused:

The muslim guy said that Islam doesn't condone terrorism, then the radio guy put him on hold and replied so that he doesn't get interupted.

Anyway, I notice how you are quick to attack me and the radio presenter, but not address any of the points that the radio person mentioned.
        Okay then, lets start addressing some of the points the radio presenter was making.

"It's a cult, not a religion."- Islam is recognised worldwide as a religion.

"Look what muslims are doing around the world" - Last time i checked it was North Korea who was on the verge of starting world war 3. There are plenty of bad things happening in the world right now and amazingly the majority of these bad things aren't to do with Muslims. The presenter then decided to inexplicably shout horsec*** at the muslim guy and went on to list extremist attacks by muslims.

Does this mean that all Muslims are bad? In my short 15 years I've met plenty of nice Muslims and many of them are against the Taliban etc. The areas where the Taliban and Al Qaeda orignate from are poor, developing countrys. Some form of extremism was bound to spring up from somewhere.

What exactly is your argument anyway? That all religion should be banned? That all Muslims are terrorists? Please enlighten me.

ReputationRep:
        You can say what you want about the DJ but he is being truthful.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by digistar_100)
        He was in the Ask a Muslim thread and was questioning about some issue I cant remember which, but it went through 2 pages with people answering him in full using hadiths, verses, etc. He will not accept the answer because his initial mindset has been cemented firmly to hold his prejudices against Islam.
        No, I was listening to the people in the "ask a muslim" thread (which is why I bothered staying for 2 pages), but when I asked "does halal use slaughter" I was told yes, definetly, and was swiftly directed to the website of the halal monitoring committee, where I found this:

13. Does HMC accept and certify stunned meat or poultry?
        No. Part of our criteria is that animals are not stunned. For further details please refer to the Issues of Stunning section.

http://www.halalmc.net/faq/faq.html#13

so don't start trying to make yourselves out to be some kind of victim of a 'uneducated'/dreadfully racist person, because that isn't the case. What is the case is that after I loaded the video, a load of muslims came on here doing exactily what I, other people, and the DJ in the video predicted.

ReputationRep:
        Alright, so let's get this straight: all Muslims are terrorists, all Catholics are paedophiles, all Blacks are thugs, all Asians are nerds, all Whites are racist, all gays are camp, all women are sex objects, and all blondes are dumb.

Next.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by PerigeeApogee)
        I can assure that I hate white muslims equally as much as I hate asian muslims, african muslims, oriental muslims, and any other type of Muslim.

Don't attempt to reduce legitimate complaints about Islam to racism - it's nothing to do with race, you fool.
        Fine, your prejudiced against Muslim people. Happy now? Do yourself a favour and actually go meet some Muslims and you'll realise that hating millions upon millions of people without getting to know them is probably a bad idea.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.