Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellybee)
    I'm only kidding, I dont play sports because there just isnt enough room in the kitchen.
    :cool:
    You're on fire love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Rose Bowl)
    Playing sports especially football for me..well I've never felt more alive.. scoring a winner in the 90th minute with all your mates running at you screaming. You can't explain it and I think that people who just say sports are boring are those who've never given it a proper go. I'd be curious as to what you find interesting .. soaps?

No, I can't stand them (along with most TV). But I'm glad that you tried and failed to be a snob and pre-empt my likes and dislikes.

ReputationRep:
    feminists see it as inequality in action.

ReputationRep:
    Playing sports especially football for me..well I've never felt more alive.. scoring a winner in the 90th minute with all your mates running at you screaming. You can't explain it and I think that people who just say sports are boring are those who've never given it a proper go. I'd be curious as to what you find interesting .. soaps?
    Soaps? Honestly.

I know loads of people who don't like football, girls and boys. There is simply no fun in it. (In my opinion) . Can't people just accept that people like different things? And not drag gender stereotypes into everything.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the rush you get when your the last man in search and destroy against another team, and you own. BEAST.

ReputationRep:
    Sport is basically a hangover of males competing to win females by demonstrating superior strength and fighting wiles.

ReputationRep:
    No, soap.

ReputationRep:
    For about five minutes there I assumed you meant, like, bars of soap you wash your hands with. doh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Threepigs)
    You're on fire love
    With me in the kitchen fire is inevitable... I'll stop now. :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    I love football. Used to play myself, and watch Match of the Day and the Football League show every week and whenever it's on TV. I think that's cos my dad's a big football fan and so are my cousins and uncle, so I was always going to matches with them and stuff. Just depends how you've been brought up, whilst I was on my primary school's football team most of the other girls had ballet/gymnastics/horse riding lessons instead.

ReputationRep:
    Because sports is the domain of ‘REAL MEN’ who smoke cigars and drink whisky and curse and spit on the street and grope each other in homoerotic ways... and have penises!

My mere female mind cannot comprehend the true extent of its intrinsic manliness, nor does it allow me to punctuate correctly.

ReputationRep:
    I just like watching my beloved Arsenal team, not playing or anything I prefer sports like swimming.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe the rubbish in this thread.

Girls don't like sport as much because society makes them that way.
    Society makes them bothered about different things like the size of their breasts and how well they get on with their friends.

Women are under-represented in business because they grow up in this sort of matrix where they're constantly given the message that it's not for them and they can't do it as well as men.

etc

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the more 'popular' sports e.g. football, rugby, and don't even get me started on the pointlessness of cricket! The only things that make these activities a 'sport' is the sheer amount of rules there are.

Fencing and archery on the other hand... love it!

ReputationRep:
    Well I dislike sport because I have terrible coordination and I am just generally **** at them.

Plus school PE experiences never really ignited my love for team sports (being shouted at by the 'good' sports players, the PE teachers pretty much dismissed anyone who was the slightest bit useless, being made to feel basically rubbish)

I am partial to a game of rounders though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    No, I can't stand them (along with most TV). But I'm glad that you tried and failed to be a snob and pre-empt my likes and dislikes.
    lol what BS you watch Eastenders

ReputationRep:
    Because sports always expect you to be uber-committed and compete all the time, which takes up time, and if I've got a test coming up and some sports event as well, the test is going to win every time. I'm really ambitious academically, and sport will always take second place to that. I just haven't found a sport I'm really passionate about yet where I don't get yelled at and criticised and forced to go to competitions with a load of snooty gits. They just take the fun out of it. I'll admit it, it's because I hate the fact that there's something I don't have a natural talent for, and I'll have to work at it and get criticised even though I know I'm rubbish and don't need reminding, thank you very much! So basically, I'm lazy.

I change my mind quickly and I'll be enthusiastic for a certain amount of time, but then all of a sudden the coaches get nasty and then it's not fun anymore, so I always leave after a period of going regularly and hating every sodding second because no, I don't understand what I'm being asked to do. My arms and legs won't do what my brain tells them to do. My brain only listens to itself.

Why can't sport just be like PE lessons at the end of term where you get everyone just doing it for the fun of it and not getting all *****y and stuff? Sport brings out the *****y side of people, and I hate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    lol what BS you watch Eastenders
    STFU. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    All women I know like sport.
    Lots of us just don't like to watch it on TV. I watch Ashes and Cup football and rugby, otheriwse I find it a bit pointless.

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, watching or playing?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.