Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fox brutally attacks my neighbour's Cat (sounded horrendous) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay :))
    :O Ohmygoodness.

What area of the United Kingdom is this!?
    South Oxhey, outskirts of watford.

ReputationRep:
    I can believe it, I got chased by a fox while running, I think it saw me as a large wilderbeast in a reflective jacket, and it was very persistant. It even ran into someones front garden where it was pitch black and tried to head me off and attack me from the side but was too slow,luckily.

They are not the cuddly animals we think, if they looked like rats and came out of peoples toilets occasionally , people wouldn't care if they were shot on sight right now. I blame the idiots who feed them, and the environmental lunatics who populate most councils who aren't taking care of out waste properly. And I hate how they blame us ,those who pay our council tax, we pay our tax,they should sort things out. I would take them out of their offices and force them to man the bin lorries personally.

In my view,the local councils need to start culling them, Iam not actually in favour of fox hunting though to be honest. They are getting increasinly bolder and aggressive ,in particular urban foxes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    I dont have a source and doubt there are any real stats about it, but living in the suburbs I can say its 100% right.
    Reasoning at its finest.

To everyone else, I can't believe you are all acting shocked and appalled. Humans kill more animals than any other species does; they are responsible for creating millions of living creatures for the purpose of killing them - and the most morally sickening bit is that unlike the fox, humans don't have to eat animals to survive or even to be healthy. Humans have turned death into an industry and it's purely because people like the taste. So unless you're a vegetarian, have a look at yourselves before getting angry at an urban fox who, like most other urban foxes, is probably starving. (Incidentally what do you expect to happen when we let our rubbish provide a food source to spark a huge population of urban foxes and then overnight remove that food source by introducing wheelie bins - any idiot could have predicted a rise in fox attacks on pets.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    Yes, but they should still be limited by food supply. We were also told in our ecology lectures last year that the reason there are now more of them in towns is because it's easier to scavenge from bins and so on than it is to chase down a rabbit. That could also explain the rise in attacks, as foxes move into more populated areas.
    Don't blame the taxpayers who pay their council tax for a efficient waste collection service which they are not getting thanks to the myths about man made climate change, climate change does occur but it is nothing to do with man ,biggest lie ever and is designed by governments to make more money from it's citizens and for certain people to get very rich. , and don't listen to your left wing vermin teachers who recent evidence suggests are probably suffering for a mental disorder called liberalism .

Iam not an advocate, of fox hunting which I see as a bunch of people getting off on dogs ripping other animals apart. I don't see it as a class thing,but I just see it as not fair play . If they were hunting man eating bears on foot and off horseback . But I do believe it's time to bring in a programme of fox control, it would be great for my uncle as well as he owns a large pest control company, that does contracts for local councils. Everyones a winner,apart from the fox obviously.

ReputationRep:
    You should write for the daily mail

brutally? come on, the fox just wanted some dinner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    Don't blame the taxpayers who pay their council tax for a efficient waste collection service which they are not getting thanks to the myths about man made climate change, climate change does occur but it is nothing to do with man ,biggest lie ever and is designed by governments to make more money from it's citizens and for certain people to get very rich. , and don't listen to your left wing vermin teachers who recent evidence suggests are probably suffering for a mental disorder called liberalism .

Iam not an advocate, of fox hunting which I see as a bunch of people getting off on dogs ripping other animals apart. I don't see it as a class thing,but I just see it as not fair play . If they were hunting man eating bears on foot and off horseback . But I do believe it's time to bring in a programme of fox control, it would be great for my uncle as well as he owns a large pest control company, that does contracts for local councils. Everyones a winner,apart from the fox obviously.
    Sorry, at what point did I mention taxpayers? I basically just wanted to see if anyone knew if fox numbers have increased since the ban or not. Is this belief about fox control based on any kind of fact or do you just like it because your uncle would be getting more contracts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1F2R3)
    Jesus, foxes are brutal! Lift the hunting ban, Dave.
    You are a foxist! Just because one fox was evil and killed the poor kitty doesn't mean all of them are like this!

Back to the topic, now I'm really worried about my little kitten. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    My cat takes on foxes for breakfast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed2010)
    Around 10 minutes ago my mother was in the garden. When she overheard the most horrendous sound. The thuds against our garden fence were unfortunately matched by screams from a cat. It was horrible. Moments later the sickening growls from the fox stopped and so did the thuds. Next came the whimpering cries from the cat. Those cries slowly died down... :eek:

Should we have alerted our neighbours by waking them up? I fell terrible for not doing anything!!! :ashamed2:

I've never heard of foxes attacking Cats before. Did some research and supposedly it is very rare...

Still, lock your fences and protect your pets people!
    When I first read the title, I thought you were complaining that FOX news was the kitten attacker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkxangel)
    You are a foxist! Just because one fox was evil:
    Lmao, the Evil Fox!

ReputationRep:
    You did nothing? Unreal, some people are a waste of space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinamon)
    You should write for the daily mail

brutally? come on, the fox just wanted some dinner
    The last thing the Daily Fail needs is another 'Foxes are evil and should be exterminated' story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    Reasoning at its finest.

To everyone else, I can't believe you are all acting shocked and appalled. Humans kill more animals than any other species does; they are responsible for creating millions of living creatures for the purpose of killing them - and the most morally sickening bit is that unlike the fox, humans don't have to eat animals to survive or even to be healthy. Humans have turned death into an industry and it's purely because people like the taste. So unless you're a vegetarian, have a look at yourselves before getting angry at an urban fox who, like most other urban foxes, is probably starving. (Incidentally what do you expect to happen when we let our rubbish provide a food source to spark a huge population of urban foxes and then overnight remove that food source by introducing wheelie bins - any idiot could have predicted a rise in fox attacks on pets.)
    Joker. Have you never thought that maybe, removing the only predator will mean that numbers drastically increase and they move to a less populated area where there is more food.
    And then to add humans into the argument is just lol. We are not meant to be vegetarians or we would be able to digest cellulose, nor would we have sharp teeth. So no we don't just kill animals for no reason. Go eat your vegetables.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed2010)
    Around 10 minutes ago my mother was in the garden. When she overheard the most horrendous sound. The thuds against our garden fence were unfortunately matched by screams from a cat. It was horrible. Moments later the sickening growls from the fox stopped and so did the thuds. Next came the whimpering cries from the cat. Those cries slowly died down... :eek:

Should we have alerted our neighbours by waking them up? I fell terrible for not doing anything!!! :ashamed2:

I've never heard of foxes attacking Cats before. Did some research and supposedly it is very rare...

Still, lock your fences and protect your pets people!
    Another reason why we should bring back this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/fox_tossing

ReputationRep:
    I live an area overrun with both foxes and cats and have never heard of this happening.
    Must've been a rogue or summat.

P.s. foxes are pretty timid around humans, why didn't you got outside and scare it off?

ReputationRep:
    You could of chased it away

ReputationRep:
    Yikes!

That's an unpleasant soundtrack to hear when in bed at night :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I saw my cat have a stand off with a fox. It didnt kill it. My cat kept it as a trophy and just rides it like a horse everywhere!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    You could of chased it away

(Original post by Mm_Minty)
    I live an area overrun with both foxes and cats and have never heard of this happening.
    Must've been a rogue or summat.

P.s. foxes are pretty timid around humans, why didn't you got outside and scare it off?
    I realise I never made it clear at first, that the animals were not in our garden but our neighbours. The time I realised what was happen, since I was inside with our kitchen door open the attack was done.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were talking about Fox News at first, which would have been much funnier!

Alas, I was disappointed, then depressed.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.