Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Older (2005ish?) PC games that are good Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    Just as the title really. I'm using a fairly average laptop so I'm not hoping to run modern games, but there has to be some slightly older games that are good :P

Atm, I'm on rome total war - but I'd like suggestions from any genre if you would (particularly a decent FPS)

Thanks
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_McGee%27s_Alice this game is absolutely brilliant, it gets to a point though that you can't do anymore because it's too hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Dungeon keeper
    YES! Yes, yes, yes!

I recommend the Settlers series, OP!

ReputationRep:
    A decent FPS? Half-life 2.

PC Gamer named in a poll by its readers, that Half-Life 2 was considered the best game of all time, it's also won over 40 awards.

Other recommendations include Starcraft, Diablo II, Civilization IV, Portal, Trackmania(Available free on Steam!), Resident Evil 4 is from 2005 and pretty awesome.

ReputationRep:
    company of heroes
    call of duty 2
    half life 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KellyWellyWoo537)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_McGee%27s_Alice this game is absolutely brilliant, it gets to a point though that you can't do anymore because it's too hard
    What kind of gameplay is in that? O_o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    YES! Yes, yes, yes!

I recommend the Settlers series, OP!
    :awesome: 99.99% of people don't have a clue what I'm talking about when I mention that game.

though i must point out: DK1>DK2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    What kind of gameplay is in that? O_o
    Can you say that in girl terms?!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yML9i...eature=related this is the game but it's a lot better when you're actually playing it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    :awesome: 99.99% of people don't have a clue what I'm talking about when I mention that game.

though i must point out: DK1>DK2
    Hey! I'm not choosy, I liked 'em both!

ReputationRep:
    Not fps at all but my god i was addicted to Pharaoh . That game beat everthing for me, sims, baldurs gate (worth checking out too, though its really quite old now)..

ReputationRep:
    Zeus: Master of Olympus! :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Zeus: Master of Olympus! :coma:
    This game is almost exactly the same as Pharaoh by the way, same company i imagine as the format is identical. Personally i preferred Pharaoh but i imagine they're both great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugbot)
    This game is almost exactly the same as Pharaoh by the way, same company i imagine as the format is identical. Personally i preferred Pharaoh but i imagine they're both great!
    Your post reminded me of it. They went on to do 'Emperor', but since I'm a Classicist, I <3 Ancient Greek games! :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    Sacrifice

ReputationRep:
    Left4dead 1 and 2.
    They arent very demanding tbh

ReputationRep:
    Morrowind (Get GOTY Edition) Serioulsy one of the first real RPG's I played and loved it ever since, back in 4th year I must have played it for weeks in total. For its time awesome graphic, good gameplay (only criticism I would ever have of it is limited combat system compared to Oblivion and the journal wasn't as improved as in Obliv, but apart from that its actually better) and probably one of the best storylines of an RPG I've seen.
    I spent about 6 months playing it without bothering with the main storylin, and I still hadn't done half the stuff there was or looked at expansions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killa78)
    Left4dead 1 and 2.
    They arent very demanding tbh
    you sir fail to read, both of those were released AFTER 2005. read next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainvg)
    Hey, it doesn't really matter. The only reason I specified around that year was because I was looking for less hardware needy games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shuvel)
    Morrowind (Get GOTY Edition) Serioulsy one of the first real RPG's I played and loved it ever since, back in 4th year I must have played it for weeks in total. For its time awesome graphic, good gameplay (only criticism I would ever have of it is limited combat system compared to Oblivion and the journal wasn't as improved as in Obliv, but apart from that its actually better) and probably one of the best storylines of an RPG I've seen.
    I spent about 6 months playing it without bothering with the main storylin, and I still hadn't done half the stuff there was or looked at expansions.
    Oh I would do, but having played oblivion I know how long I can spend on those games xD

Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainvg)
    Guess you failed? aha

ReputationRep:
    Worms Armageddon.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.