Lol,excited about that are you?
    No, but they are in fashion now.. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    Lol,excited about that are you?
    No, but they are in fashion now.. lol
    They are pretty cool!

ReputationRep:
    you're angry because you were a trendsetter alpha type instead of some hipster beta? be proud of ridicule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jolteon)
    you're angry because you were a trendsetter alpha type instead of some hipster beta? be proud of ridicule.
    So when people laugh at my clothes its a good thing? Sweeet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mamba)
    Let me explain: a few years ago I was ridiculed by a few colleagues for wearing black leather ankle boots. They were smart because they were so simple, so I felt justified in wearing them under simple plain work trousers. I also used to genuinely ride a motorbike so needed something sturdy to wear whilst riding.

And now - everyone is wearing biker boots!

I just can't believe I had the mick taken out of me when it was uncommon, and now everyone's doing it, it's suddenly ok. :rolleyes:

The same thing happened with waistcoats. They became really popular recently (not so much now) and I got annoyed because I had friends take the mick when I wore one as a teenager - it was fitted and simple but my friends laughed that I looked like a snooker player. :lol:

The point of my rant? Has this happened to you? Been ridiculed for wearing something and then it turns into a ridiculously over-subscribed trend?

I won't complain about being unique. I don't believe anyone is truely unique, but this sheep mentality within fashion is pretty telling. :rolleyes:
    well not me personally, but a guy I knew used to wear the arab keffiyeh with that distinctive pattern and people took the mick. soon later it had its time in the fashion spotlight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mamba)
    Let me explain: a few years ago I was ridiculed by a few colleagues for wearing black leather ankle boots. They were smart because they were so simple, so I felt justified in wearing them under simple plain work trousers. I also used to genuinely ride a motorbike so needed something sturdy to wear whilst riding.

And now - everyone is wearing biker boots!

I just can't believe I had the mick taken out of me when it was uncommon, and now everyone's doing it, it's suddenly ok. :rolleyes:

The same thing happened with waistcoats. They became really popular recently (not so much now) and I got annoyed because I had friends take the mick when I wore one as a teenager - it was fitted and simple but my friends laughed that I looked like a snooker player. :lol:

The point of my rant? Has this happened to you? Been ridiculed for wearing something and then it turns into a ridiculously over-subscribed trend?

I won't complain about being unique. I don't believe anyone is truely unique, but this sheep mentality within fashion is pretty telling. :rolleyes:
    Think of it as a gift, you are able to predict fashion before it's time.
    Read my tony benn quote in my signature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law123mus)
    Think of it as a gift, you are able to predict fashion before it's time.
    Read my tony benn quote in my signature.
    Very cool quote, thanks.

I am a fasionista trendsetter! Who'd have thought. Today I am dressed in pjs and a dressing gown. :cool:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.