Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i recently had my hair cut short and now im just dying for it to grow back again to be honest, it feels unfeminine :\

ReputationRep:
    Got my fringe! & I love it! I love having (fairly) unique hair - not boring mid-length hair that doesn't stand out in a crowd.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    used to have short blonde hair but everyone says it looks better long and brown. short hair is fun tho!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this is even short by short hair standards, but there you go.

I did have a pixie cut a year or so ago, but it made me look like a man in a (fetching) purple toupee.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome short hair, although I haven't had mine cut since June... this will be sorted tomorrow. Phew, all those split ends and a fringe which goes over my nose is getting a bit much. I love having short hair.. it's just so easy although I never know how to make it look good when I go out or whatever...

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think the best cuts/styles tend to be short. However when done badly looks way too boyish, longer hair has a simillar kind of deal, when long and shiny etc its nice, when not its just messy. I think of it as sexy vs homely (sexy being short), and that homely suits more girls. Then again I tend to take average->nice hair for granted and forget about it and only pay attention to really cool styles and really crappy ones. Again though... as long as its not a tangled mess I tend to focus on more important factors... Back to the original point when done right yes short haired girls, but long hair imo is safer as its better to look a bit messy than a boy. Just my opinion, like ive said hair doesnt bother me much.

ReputationRep:
    Washed my hair last night and rolled it up in ribbons when it was wet, gonna take it out later and hopefully I've achieved a sort of punk fifties housewife effect

ReputationRep:
    I've got really short boyish hair with a quiff at the front or just messy spikes that I LOVE! Short hair looks sooo adorable on girls with the right shape face!

ReputationRep:
    My hair curled fine, but then after a few hours I realised I looked like Gary Glitter So clipped the back up and I just look like Simon Amstell now, which is much better.

We should make this a soc or something Hair chats, tips, pics etc.

ReputationRep:
    Girls with short hair are :sogood:.

ReputationRep:
    A girl I know has short hair with the 'Robyn c.2005' fringe which looks awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazhall)
    I've got really short boyish hair with a quiff at the front or just messy spikes that I LOVE!

yo, got any pics? especially of the spikes, I'm interested in new styles

your hair sounds a bit like mine although leave my flat mostly atm. I have a fringe that is currently a bit too long for a quiff to work I think

< that is it quiffed very roughly

I also faux hawk a bit and do a proper quiff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    My hair curled fine, but then after a few hours I realised I looked like Gary Glitter So clipped the back up and I just look like Simon Amstell now, which is much better.

We should make this a soc or something Hair chats, tips, pics etc.
    :five:

and Amstell :yy:

this thread just proves that we don't need excess hair (ie. long hair):haughty:

ReputationRep:
    MMM me likey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)

your hair sounds a bit like mine although leave my flat mostly atm. I have a fringe that is currently a bit too long for a quiff to work I think

Name:  Photo on 2010-11-18 at 21.14 #2.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  77.4 KB

That's it quiffed, I haven't got a pic of the spikes, I'll take one later, got hat hair atm cos I took the horse out in the fog this am!!

ReputationRep:
    Used to have short hair, but hated it. I'm loving my long hair because I can do different hairstyles

What's with the neg rep?

ReputationRep:
    Mine is like this at the mo (don't know if it counts as short by all you lot's hair, but it's short for me!)

I looove it. So much easier, doesn't get in the way, and is better condition because I don't bother taking proper care of my hair when it's long.

ReputationRep:
    :five:

and Amstell :yy:

this thread just proves that we don't need excess hair (ie. long hair):haughty:

:five: So so so true.

Oh it's so nice to only have to wash it every five days or so.

ReputationRep:

< that is it quiffed very roughly

Spikes (otherwise known as bad hair day!)
    Name:  Photo on 2011-12-30 at 11.40.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  65.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alt__x)
    I have quite long hair atm, cos i have a big nose, but when I get my nose sorted, I want my hair really short.
    I have a big nose and short hair! I think it looks alright though- luckily my nose is quite straight and narrow even if it's a touch longer than it should be haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.