Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediaroom)
    But like I said, I actually have lost 3 stone in the past even though I put it back on.
    I need at least some credit that I reduced 3 stone, that is a lot you know!

I hate how people dislike me because I'm large, just like some of you people here, when I have actually reduced some weight! I know I need the help but why is it that when I have tried, and failed, and accepted my body the way it is, people still dislike that?

I have tried and even though I have thyroid problems, I need help. And I have tried to get help but it genuinely hasn't worked.
    Iodine supplements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    No Australia has highest level of obesity, then it's America, and then it's Britain.
    For women only?

ReputationRep:
    Are you at the point yet where small objects are in orbit around you?
    Your obesity is disgusting. You are like a wrecking ball you fat piece of lard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    In light of this person's other posts, obvious troll. Disappointing...

If this were real, I would so date a girl like this. As long as she knew moderation and looked after her personal hygiene :yep:
    You don't get to 20 stone with moderation.

ReputationRep:
    You fatttttttttttttt

ReputationRep:
    I am 19-20 stoneish and about 5ft 4. I know that I'm like morbidly obese or something. I like playing computer games all day long and food actually makes me happy! I eat because I want to try everything in the world before I die!

Am I wrong that I like that I am so fat? It hurts me that people look at me like I am some sort of hippo or something.

The reason why I posted this in general discussion and not H&R is because I want to know why it isn't socially acceptable that people like me (who like to be obese) aren't treated equally.

We're all meant to be comfortable with our own body, right?
    Personally I think being fat is impolite as it takes a toll on the health services. This is a serious problem in the US, with a large amount of the taxpayer's money being used to help the 30% of the population who've let themselves go. While I understand that some disorders make losing weight hard, will all due respect there's no way you can attain even half that body mass index without bad lifestyle habits that are your own fault. I've recently heard that you've now got charities for the obese: not only to they take money better spent elsewhere, they make a mockery of serious diseases. This "victim" attitude is misguided and disrespectful of others.

It's great that you are confortable with your own body, however since you are still posting this on a forum and seem to be seeking the approval of others, then I'm not sure if you actually believe what you are saying.

If you do not make the same efforts as others in maintaining a healthy life, then do not be surprised if you are treated with less respect.

ReputationRep:
    I am 19-20 stoneish and about 5ft 4. I know that I'm like morbidly obese or something. I like playing computer games all day long and food actually makes me happy! I eat because I want to try everything in the world before I die!

Am I wrong that I like that I am so fat? It hurts me that people look at me like I am some sort of hippo or something.

The reason why I posted this in general discussion and not H&R is because I want to know why it isn't socially acceptable that people like me (who like to be obese) aren't treated equally.

'I eat because I want to try everything in the world before I die' - Hate to sounds morbid, but that wn't be too far in the future if you carry on getting bigger. Sounds like you're absolutely huge!

I'm a 6'4" male and weigh 12.5 stone.

ReputationRep:
    Perfectly acceptable if that's what you want. I'm looking to be as muscular as possible - started training last year. Everyone has the right to be how they want to be. Just ignore anyone who looks at you in that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoxesAndBangles)
    For women only?
    Yes, even for women only.

ReputationRep:
    You fat ****. I hate you already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Yes, even for women only.
    I read something else but okay even still. It's still an african country that is among the fattest in the world. Even the impoverished there are fat like here.

ReputationRep:
    If you simply liked to be fat, you wouldn't be on this forum asking if it's wrong for you to be fat.

Get off the computer and get back to the fridge.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, especially in this cold weather.

ReputationRep:
    Err, I'm not a troll actually. Okay, what about smokers? They are killing themselves but why is smoking acceptable and not obesity? I know I'm f****** fat but I can't help it if I genuinely have medical issues. Okay, my eating doesn't help but why am I being spurned by society for this?
    If you have medical issues, then okay. But if just don't know how to control yourself, then that's a different matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoxesAndBangles)
    Think Egypt officially has the fattest % of women in the world actually... and that's in both africa and asia.
    Egypt isnt in Asia. Its just in Africa.

OP, you are very fat. I'd tell you to go to the gym but I dont know if you'd get through the door.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky116)
    Yes, you are wrong. You being fat is detrimental to the human race, which is the same race as me. This upsets me.

Also, its ugly to look at and I like to look at pretty things.

Don't kid yourself, you do not eat because you want to try everything. Get that right out of your head. If that were true you would not be repeatedly shoving mars bars down your throat (they do not change with consumption).
    hahahahaha that made me laugh.
    Also, to the OP about the difference between being fat and smoking, I think that the thing that utterly repulses me about properly fat people is that it just looks greedy, like you people dont know when to stop. And that's gross.

But maybe I'm just pissed off that I have to pay the same price for my clothes as someone like you despite the fact mine use 3,0000000% less material.

ReputationRep:

Because you are hedonistic and are disgusting to look at. You disregard your health because you have a issues and resort to comfort eating. Not one of these traits is attractive or positive.

ReputationRep:
    Err, I'm not a troll actually. Okay, what about smokers? They are killing themselves but why is smoking acceptable and not obesity? I know I'm f****** fat but I can't help it if I genuinely have medical issues. Okay, my eating doesn't help but why am I being spurned by society for this?
    Genuinely have medical issues? You've just told us you eat because you want to try everything in the world, and you sit around playing computer games all day. The last time I checked, neither greed nor laziness were recognised medical conditions.

ReputationRep:
    I give it about 15 years before your heart gives out. Seriously if people are a litlle overweight then thats hardly a problem. I'm 6'4" and weigh two stone less than you.

Don't kid yourself about being happy. You can be happy, slimmer and for a much longer time.

YOU WILL DIE SOONER RATHER THAN LATER IF YOU STAY LIKE THAT.

If you want to die from a painful heart attack, or worse be left vegetative due to a stroke, by all means enjoy being happy.

I speak from experience. When I started Uni i weighed around 25st. I genuinely thought I was happy. As time went on I realise I couldn't even play footy in the park with my mtes because I was too knackered after five minutes. I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without sweating like a paedo in a playground.

Over the last four and half years I have lost around eight stone through diet and exercise. I'm not going to say it's easy because it isn't. It requires a massive change not only in your physical behaviour but also in your entire lifestlye. It will need to change permanantly otherwise you will regain the weight and more.

ReputationRep:
    Don't make this topic all about me! How many of you will actually believe that about 5 years ago I was actually a size 12?

I used to be normal but the thyroid issues, death of a best friend and everything just pushed me to the point where I wanted to eat and not do anything else.

For people with mental and physical issues like myself, when we can't help being fat, I really don't understand how you people can criticise those who can't help it.

Exercise HURTS like a *****!

No matter what you say, I'm like any normal person, I have a job I love, I did really well in my A Levels despite a hard life and I could have gone to uni but I didn't because of my weight. But now I lead a happy life and I'm being hated for this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.