Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Game of the Year 2010 - Vote now! Watch

• View Poll Results: Game of the Year 2010 ...
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    8.02%
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2
    4.58%
    BioShock 2
    2.29%
    Call of Duty: Black Ops
    8.40%
    F1 2010
    3.05%
    Fallout: New Vegas
    6.49%
    Fifa 11
    7.25%
    Final Fantasy 13
    2.67%
    God of War 3
    2.29%
    Gran Turismo 5
    6.11%
    Halo: Reach
    6.11%
    Mass Effect 2
    13.74%
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    0.76%
    Red Dead Redemption
    17.56%
    StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty
    3.44%
    Other - I will post my nomination.
    7.25%

ReputationRep:
    Red Dead, game I've put most hours into out of those I have played.

ReputationRep:
    Why the **** would anyone rate COD over BBC2

ReputationRep:
    World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

ReputationRep:
    Gran turismo 5
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    This poll will give biased results, half the people who have voted have only played one of these games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujahid11288)
    Gran turismo 5
    A 5 year wait for a game that did not fully deliver...I think that definitely makes it not game of the year.

(Original post by Tomac)
    World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
    Dated, boring, and contents has been yet again dumbed down for the stupid players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Dated, boring, and contents has been yet again dumbed down for the stupid players.
    Yet it still serves for a populater over 10 million :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Other: Robot Unicorn Attack.

ReputationRep:
    I voted Red Dead because it managed to pull off the western game that no other game before it had manage to do without the gameplay being pretty pish. Black Ops is alright but once you have been through MW, WaW, MW2 and then to this it just does not seem worthy enough to get game of the year because it's just another CoD game with the same kind of gameplay. The original MW did deserve game of the year though. Also don't get me started on Halo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomac)
    Yet it still serves for a populater over 10 million :rolleyes:
    ...and farmville has over 80 millions players.............is that GotY or does it show that stupid people make up the market?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    ...and farmville has over 80 millions players.............is that GotY or does it show that stupid people make up the market?
    Since when is farmville counted as a game?
    You don't download nor install it, so it doesn't count as a game.
    Your point is actually irrelevant, that's your p.o.v so keep it to yourself. You can ask anyone who actually plays the game and they it's a massive upgrade from WoTLK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomac)
    That seems a somewhat convoluted way of defining a game. In fact, one almost suspects you might have made up that arbitrary rule purely to help you in this argument...

You should notify every maker of a flash game that their service is mislabelled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    This is pretty much the reaction I've been getting from various people including friends. It is amazing though - the number of people that blindly discounted the game before it was even released - "It's just another churned out, milking of the franchise, expansion pack".

Seems they were wrong.
    To be honest, I'd pay £10 each just for the Virtual Training and Multiplayer. And the story mode is utterly fantastic as well.

ReputationRep:
    RDR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    That seems a somewhat convoluted way of defining a game. In fact, one almost suspects you might have made up that arbitrary rule purely to help you in this argument...

You should notify every maker of a flash game that their service is mislabelled.
    Oh and I forgot Farmville wasn't released in 2010. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomac)
    Oh and I forgot Farmville wasn't released in 2010. :rolleyes:
    You seem to have completely missed the reason why Farmville was brought up. You were implying that popular = good. This is patently not true. Farmville was a good example to show why you were wrong. Instead you've spent your last few posts dodging around with increasingly convoluted distraction techniques to avoid addressing the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomac)
    Your point is actually irrelevant, that's your p.o.v so keep it to yourself. You can ask anyone who actually plays the game and they it's a massive upgrade from WoTLK.
    Ha, what the hell are you on about - farmville is a game, what else is it? You don't have to install software to make it a game, where the hell did you get that silly idea from? That is simply to do with complexity..........HERP DERP
    And my point is completely relevant.
    Since original WoW the game has become progressively easier, especially gearing up, and Cata. is not exception - go look at the forums from the beta. As far as 'an upgrade', and upgrade compared to what other games? Oh, that's right, just WoW because WoW is the only game that exists and it is impossible to compare it with any other game 'cause I say so and I live only on that game...........DEEEEEEEER.

ReputationRep:
    Fable 3 - please add to list!

ReputationRep:
    I'll say AC:B

Red Dead a very close second

(Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    Fable 3 - please add to list!
    I would have but not enough space. Sorry. :puppyeyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.