Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hughton sacked at Newcastle Watch

ReputationRep:
    ****ing joke. ashley, you fat cockney ******* get out of our club!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackemforever)
    Lol, I'm loving how much neg rep I've got for this post.

Bring it on guys, show me how much you hate mackems!
    No offence, but if my team had been pretty well beaten by another team who've then sacked their manager, I'd probably be keeping schtum.

How many managers is that gonna make for Newcastle in the last 5 years then!? Madness.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Absolutely disgusting. Guy's done nothing wrong, took up the reigns when nobody else would, easily got us promoted and guided us to a comfortable, if inconsistent start of the season.

I'm really pissed off at this decision. No logic whatsoever behind it.
    (Original post by V1NY)
    Absolute disgrace. As for that 5under1and fan... **** off you inbred ****er
    Controversially, you both claim to be the leader of the NUFC society in your sigs... Where does the power truly lie?

Anyway, stupid decision. Fair enough, they have been inconsistent, but it is better than being as consistent as say, West Ham.

ReputationRep:
    he'd probably still be manager if Barton and Nolan wern't out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Controversially, you both claim to be the leader of the NUFC society in your sigs... Where does the power truly lie?

Anyway, stupid decision. Fair enough, they have been inconsistent, but it is better than being as consistent as say, West Ham.
    Stu's the leader, I'm the deputy Originally we were joint leaders

ReputationRep:
    Mike Ashley is a ****. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    I had a feeling something like this would happen, Hughton's appointment was always seen as one of marking time and he was always going to be sacked when they had a chance.

However if he had not been sacked, I reckon by the end of the season most fans would have started to ask questions if Newcastle carried on with the same level of inconsistency as they have done, it reminds me of Glenn Roeder's time, Roeder was a decent manager who did ok with Newcastle but by the end of the 06/07 season the fans were generally saying "decent bloke but we need someone to take us to the next level"

The difficult job with managing Newcastle is because of the culture of the club, the type of manager like Mark Hughes, Alan Curbishley, Steve Bruce etc who battles out results on a low budget would not be an attractive option as the Geordies want something more than just being gritty fighters...the best options IMO for Newcastle are two guys who are unlikely to be available, Roy Hodgson and Owen Coyle, guys who work well without a massive budget but get their teams playing football.

The fear I have for Newcastle now is that the incoming coach will be someone like Megson or Dowie.

ReputationRep:
    Can we have him lined up for Tottenham when Capello leaves England and Droopy takes his place? :puppyeyes: He played for us for twelve years!

On a side note, his sacking was *******s. Football clubs are just businesses nowadays. Ashley can justify this terrible and quite frankly nasty decision with "I'm trying to run a business here".

ReputationRep:
    I threw my stapler across the room in anger. It's now broken :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Ian Dowie anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V1NY)
    I threw my stapler across the room in anger. It's now broken :sigh:
    Awh. It's a shame really and I'm not even a Newcastle fan.

ReputationRep:
    This is like the Zola sacking, and the Pardew sacking. But worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banburyhammer)
    This is like the Zola sacking, and the Pardew sacking. But worse.

taking your on about pradew at Southampton that could be on par with this

zola had a bad session won like less than 30% of his games, i was annoyed when they sacked zola, he could of built a club and got on with the players, if you listen to what the gold said, grant was given a championship team, so going by that zola kept a championship team up, while grant who got a "better" is bottom work that out

anyway yeah this is much worst than zola, maybe not pradew

i don't understand why they have sacked him, i would happyily swap grant for hughton

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

I like Newcastle but after seeing this i'd be quite happy to see them go down. Moronic.

ReputationRep:
    Allardyce's thoughts on the sacking...

(Original post by Sam Allardyce)
    Sent over a fax to Mike Ashley, with the words "no ****ing chance I'm coming back" written in my own ****. I can't have him getting ideas.

Would have worked better if I was just sending a letter, though. There's **** all over the fax machine now. I'll blame it on Samba again.
    :mmm:

Link

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    Can’t see why they got rid.

Maybe it was the 5-1 victory against Sunderland!
    I think it was actually. It's well known fact on Tyneside. Ashley is a Mackem in disguise.

(Original post by In2deep)
    What the hell did they expect? Top four by Christmas??
    Well....they were in the top four the other week :p: It was the Robson and Keegan days again, albeit briefly.

This was always on the cards. It was no secret that Mike Ashley didn't fancy him and wanted a "real" manager. So a few games without a win (despite one of those being a 1-1 draw against the champions - albeit underperforming champions) and he's gone.

Should still go for unfair dismissal in my opinion.

The question is, who on earth can take them forward? They looked like they had the most harmonious squad since the Robson or, dare I say it, Keegan days. Curbhishley? Pardew? Can only see that being a backward step.

Martin Jol being sacked on the same day? :p: Can't seem him taking charge. Especially if they can't offer much in the transfer department and, let's face it, big spending Newcastle are now a thing of the past.

Keegan to make yet another comeback? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)

Well....they were in the top four the other week :p: It was the Robson and Keegan days again, albeit briefly.

This was always on the cards. It was no secret that Mike Ashley didn't fancy him and wanted a "real" manager. So a few games without a win (despite one of those being a 1-1 draw against the champions - albeit underperforming champions) and he's gone.

Should still go for unfair dismissal in my opinion.

The question is, who on earth can take them forward? They looked like they had the most harmonious squad since the Robson or, dare I say it, Keegan days. Curbhishley? Pardew? Can only see that being a backward step.

Martin Jol being sacked on the same day? :p: Can't seem him taking charge. Especially if they can't offer much in the transfer department and, let's face it, big spending Newcastle are now a thing of the past.

Keegan to make yet another comeback? :p:

It's a shame they sacked him, quality manager to be honest. As for Martin Jol, would any of us be surprised? He has "resigned after the the two parties came to a mutual agreement that it was time for Jol to move on" so this might have been a plan all along

To be honest, it was a shame when they were relegated, such a big club and all but I regret wanting them back after they beat us at home :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a joke at first, but wow..... It actually happened. In Drogba's words: It's a f*cking disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    I'm seriously considering doing a hitman job on Mike Ashley.

ReputationRep:
    The idiot should've demanded a new contract after some of those results he got.....now he's paid the price.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.