Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do your parents hit you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillipsherman)
    they did until I laid them both out, now I tell them when bedtime is
    You sound like the coolest person on TSR.

lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My dad has always hit me for not doing what he wants or for my 'bad' attitude. I for one would never hit my own child.
    An example of this was last night when he and my mum were in bed they kept talknig and kissing and I was meant to have an exam today so at midnight i was just going over my stuff so I opened my door and said can you please be quiet?? im trying to study! then he comes barging into my room saying who the **** do you think you are and all this then picks up my juice as if he was going to throw it on me (he decided not to though i presume because my mum ocd and this would have driven her crazy) then he snapped my pen then he hit me on the head with his hands in a slapping motion then his hand got caught on my lip so the inside of my mouth is now all swollen he then left then had a discussion with my mum then came back into my room and slapped me again.

Did I really deserve that?
    tbh if i were him i wuda don d same slap den back slap pull u up by ur ears den slap ur durrty lip for ur cheekiness yes u derserved it i wudnt hav dat r u crazy?!?!?!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayK)
    You sound like the coolest person on TSR.

lol.
    cheers, thats the impression i was going for

ReputationRep:
    If the child is misbehaving and needs to be disciplined then i think moderate slapping is appropriate, your sitch sounds quite disproportionate though. Talk to your mom? She might be more lenient and say something to your dad about it?

i hate my dad he hit me with a spade last week cas i threw snow on my sister. My dad doesnt care about me.

ReputationRep:
    When I was a child I often deserved getting a hit.

ReputationRep:
    My mum did once cos i did something wrong. My dad has done quite a few times when drunk. Big difference lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Something_Ironic)
    All these people are expressing these violent experiences, but seriously, what good will telling strangers about it through text?
    Sure im used to a **** of a father but pouring my heart out here won't achieve anything. Just wait until your dad is too old to look after himself, then laugh at him(and possibly push him out of his wheelchair) when he asks for help tbh.
    if you are that concerned, tell the right people.
    i guess it sometimes helps to talk to other people who know what it's like?
    it may not help the situation, but it helps your ability to deal with the situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salty_candy)
    i guess it sometimes helps to talk to other people who know what it's like?
    it may not help the situation, but it helps your ability to deal with the situation
    Of course. Very fair comment my dear.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I used to get beaten all the time as a kid, not just by my parents, but other family members. I can also remember the times when I got hit by wooden sticks at Mosque, because I couldn't pronounce a word in Arabic correctly, happened every time. Not that I still get hit now, it stopped years ago, now it's my younger siblings that get hit, something I'm working on stopping.

ReputationRep:
    You interrupted his hanky panky session. You deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    Castrate him when he is asleep.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.