Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

You might want to read the truth about these drugs Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Wow what rambling nonsense.

Firstly, you repeat 'damage to the brain' without really explaining what you are specifically referring to, also neglecting to mention any sources which support such claims.

Secondly, you've basically made up 'input filters'. I have no idea what you mean here.

Thirdly, about 80% of that text was just rambling with very little substance.

Fourthly, psychiatrists are well aware of the side effects of antipsychotics and practitioners engage in a cost:benefit analysis before medications are prescribed. Of course you neglect to mention the benefits experienced by patients on these drugs.

Finally, wtf are you on about in regards to DNA mutations? Where did that come from? What mutations are you referring to?
    Im impressed you read it all, let alone destroyed it

ReputationRep:
    The true colours of these comments is quite obvious, and it is decent sources this info comes from, three places i have read about input filters being increased, two university websites and mad in america, if you are not so unconcerned with torture and lies, brain damage and mutations, then why don't you do some looking into things yourself rather than desueding anyone who reads this from believing it??? True colours.

ReputationRep:
    Lol just lol indeed.

As one of these so called victims of the psychiatric industry I am actually in fact thankful indeed for antipsychotics as they have given me my life back. Experiencing active psychotic symptoms isn't fun, it's terrifying. Believing whole heartedly that people are out planning to kill you, and the knock on effect that has for social functioning completely destroys you as a person.

You can make up as much garbage as you like, but I'm thankful for antipsychotics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starseedleo)
    The true colours of these comments is quite obvious, and it is decent sources this info comes from, three places i have read about input filters being increased, two university websites and mad in america, if you are not so unconcerned with torture and lies, brain damage and mutations, then why don't you do some looking into things yourself rather than desueding anyone who reads this from believing it??? True colours.
    Cite some empirical articles brah. I assume your reading covered some. So cite some.

I'm talking research articles published in reputable journals. Don't you dare come back citing some anti-psychaitry tinfoil-hat literature. Cite some empirical and critically evaluated work that didn't set out with an original pre-determined agenda.

ReputationRep:
    Let's have a laugh and see these university websites then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Cite some empirical articles brah. I assume your reading covered some. So cite some.

I'm talking research articles published in reputable journals. Don't you dare come back citing some anti-psychaitry tinfoil-hat literature. Cite some empirical and critically evaluated work that didn't set out with an original pre-determined agenda.
    Dammit Gehenna, you're always mere seconds ahead!

ReputationRep:
    And mutations to DNA means somthing has transformed into something unatural. Other than what God intended, who would do that i wonder. This is something they are told the truth about. Have you seen the diverging species theory?

And if you can't digest human fruit and veg because of the massive increase in allergies, due to all the chemicals, and non organic food and items we use, or have little choice but to accept because people have very little insight, then you are becoming somehting other than a human being.

Maby your not up on the facts, you should check them out yourself and stop telling me to do all the work for you, i will do what i can to help people know the truth and suggest what i think an appropriate response should be.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    And mutations to DNA means somthing has transformed into something unatural.
    No it doesn't. Did you not sit GCSE biology?

Maby your not up on the facts, you should check them out yourself and stop telling me to do all the work for you, i will do what i can to help people know the truth and suggest what i think an appropriate response should be.
    How it generally works when presenting a scientific argument is to cite your sources. You don't say "I am right, go find my sources for yourself."

ReputationRep:
    The journels are controlled by the criminal element, if they don't know the basic facts then they are nonsense, I pray you enlighten yourself and stop trusting the one in front. Most people will do the right thing if they know the truth.

ReputationRep:
    And mutations to DNA means somthing has transformed into something unatural. Other than what God intended, who would do that i wonder.
    The... devil?... amirite?

Maby your not up on the facts, you should check them out yourself
    From where? lemmeguess... da bible?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The journels are controlled by the criminal element, if they don't know the basic facts then they are nonsense, I pray you enlighten yourself and stop trusting the one in front. Most people will do the right thing if they know the truth.
    Yeh, I really hate those journels.

ReputationRep:
    So the empirical evidence that goes against your beliefs is actually the work of criminals, and therefore the only reliable sources are the ones that happen to support your viewpoint?

Ah. Damn. That's always the way. I hate when that happens.

ReputationRep:
    I say it how it is my friend, the truth as i can see it. It is abubdantly clear to anyone with a decent soul who actually cares about human beings. Why do you continue with the negativity I'm here to help people. Yet nothing but negativity, sad sad excuses for conscience's, I know people will see through negatives spin and do the right thing.

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody going to apply some decency to this conversation, you sound like your on a misison to take people's attention way from what i have written.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody going to apply some decency to this conversation
    Nah. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Interesting argument, I'd have to look into it but what would you suggest we use instead of drugs in order to treat these illnesses?

ReputationRep:
    I actually think you're the one who's seriously deluded and has been brainwashed.

You're not helping humankind at all, you're spreading rubbish over the internet. I truly hope you don't spread this in person as you could lose lives. Please stop what you're doing.

I feel for you my friend, pm me i would like to chat with you and give you some suggestions that don't involve more brain damage.
    Like what?

ReputationRep:
    I say it how it is my friend, the truth as i can see it. It is abubdantly clear to anyone with a decent soul who actually cares about human beings. Why do you continue with the negativity I'm here to help people. Yet nothing but negativity, sad sad excuses for conscience's, I know people will see through negatives spin and do the right thing.
    The truth as you see it? Sorry, but it's either true or it's not and truth reveals itself through empiricism and the scientific method.

Look. I've had plenty of first hand experience of psychiatry and mental health. The people using these services are vulnerable and need help. They provide it. There is no malicious intent. The medications are prescribed on a cost:benefit analysis. Yes, there are always side effects, but they would not be suffered if the benefits were not deemed to be worth it.

That's the simple truth. Who are you to deny them of that help?

ReputationRep:
    If you do some reasearch, and just some mind you, you don't have to dig in the way I have. You will see that academics no longer control how trials are conducted big pharma does. You will see how they manipulate their studies and results to suit their purpose and you will know that one hand hasn't even had clue what the other is up to. Once again I hope some decent people will make a positive out of this and try to help people that are being hurt badly.

They are giving these drugs to old peope everywhere for no good reason, they are giving them to children in america just in case they develop mental health problems. the hand them out for everything, one doctor said the phsyical effects are worse than heroin. And the figures for how dangerous they are were lies.

Please wake up good people out there and do something about this, spread the truth and contact as your doctors and politicians to make a difference.

kind regards

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.