Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb9191)
    Another COMPUTER SCIENCE STUDENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :banana2:

WE ARE SO FLY, WHY? BECAUSE WE KNOW THE SQUARE ROOT OF PI !!!! :cool:

Have you got an unconditional or a conditional?
    I had an unconditional, I'm now a second year! :P Though I won't be in Aber next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Magician)
    I had an unconditional, I'm now a second year! :P Though I won't be in Aber next year.
    You're going on industrial placement? Where are you off?

ReputationRep:
    No idea at the moment, I know the places where I won't be working though, I'm awaiting for companies to contact me from some applications I have made.

ReputationRep:
    If you believe the stereotypes, a bunch of Welsh speaking provincial fascists and unintelligible Brummies. I'm a non-Welsh speaking Welshman, which makes me the antichrist obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshyBB)
    If you believe the stereotypes, a bunch of Welsh speaking provincial fascists and unintelligible Brummies. I'm a non-Welsh speaking Welshman, which makes me the antichrist obviously.
    I am an antichrist too as I am a non welsh speaking Welshman.

"Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyr ndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch" (58 characters, representing 51 letters) is the longest place name in Wales. The actual name commonly used for the town is much shorter.

As far as I'm concerned, if you can say that properly then you are fluent in Welsh.

ReputationRep:
    I live kind of near Birmingham in a town full of brummie ex pats (my dad included) does that make me a untelligible Brummie? I don't have the accent, thank god.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Not that I can criticise accents though

ReputationRep:
    Aber is a cracking town, apart from a burger king or a nandos theres nothing missing from aber. It a small place so you will always find people you no on a night out and i havent been bored here in a way in which i wouldnt have been bored somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Not that I can criticise accents though
    I'll take Brummie over South Walian any day. :P

ReputationRep:
    Go to an open day and meet some students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Æbbie)
    I'll take Brummie over South Walian any day. :P
    That hurt like a knife in the heart :P

ReputationRep:
    Haha - I worked in Oakwood Theme Park for three years, and most of our "guests" were from the very very working class areas of the Valleys. As a person who has lived in Wales for most of her life, I found it difficult to even understand what they were saying sometimes. :P

ReputationRep:
    I love how every now and then some e-penis wannabe comes into the Aber forum and posts some useless advice just to get their post count up...

Coz everyone knows. The bigger your post count. The bigger your penis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordE)
    I love how every now and then some e-penis wannabe comes into the Aber forum and posts some useless advice just to get their post count up...

What are you talking about, for all you know I go to Aberystwyth, and the best way I found out exactly what the students were like was by talking to them on open days, finding out information about how they are getting on at Aber, what they like and dislike about it. For your information, I don't go there, but I did go to one of it's open days a few years back, and it did really help give me a great insight into not only the uni, but also the students that were there, and generally how theya adapt to it, and how they are a nice bunch of students, imo, as is the case at most of the unis I visited. So, think before you speak.

And posts like your one just now are a prime example of a wannabe e-penis just trying to get their post count up. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    What are you talking about, for all you know I go to Aberystwyth, and the best way I found out exactly what the students were like was by talking to them on open days, finding out information about how they are getting on at Aber, what they like and dislike about it. For your information, I don't go there, but I did go to one of it's open days a few years back, and it did really help give me a great insight into not only the uni, but also the students that were there, and generally how theya adapt to it, and how they are a nice bunch of students, imo, as is the case at most of the unis I visited. So, think before you speak.

And posts like your one just now are a prime example of a wannabe e-penis just trying to get their post count up. :rolleyes:
    I understand you are trying to help. But the question has already been answered several times, it just seems like the OP is narrow minded or easily susceptible to pretty much anything. Although your reply is many weeks late I will pos rep you all the same when I can to make up for the neg rep.

We Aber folk don't like strangers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordE)
    I understand you are trying to help. But the question has already been answered several times, it just seems like the OP is narrow minded or easily susceptible to pretty much anything. Although your reply is many weeks late I will pos rep you all the same when I can to make up for the neg rep.

We Aber folk don't like strangers
    Well initially when I posted, I didn't actually realise it was the Aber forum, it was more a case of it coming up in the discussions widget, and I didn't notice the date on the OP. :o: But, you never know, they still might not have fully found out an answer, given they're not really that active, plus, the OP probably appreciates various other users backing up the points that others have made, in order to get a final answer from the thread. I'd rather have many responses confirming the same thing, than just one or two.

That's not true, I'm friends with a few Aberystwyth students on here, as well as my friends that go there in real life. :p:

And all us "e-penis's" aren't the same, so try not to stereotype. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordE)

I hope you realise my post was just a bit sarcastic. I have heard people say such things about Aber though. If you believed every stereotype about every town, you wouldn't leave the house!

ReputationRep:
    I hope you realise my post was just a bit sarcastic. I have heard people say such things about Aber though. If you believed every stereotype about every town, you wouldn't leave the house!
    Wasn't aimed at you matey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    I went Aberystwyth once for some Animation festival and i remember it taking me an my friends ages to get out of campus as we stumbled around some winding driveway from the main doors only to find that was the long way round. There is a hot blond Woman working in the Spurts Hall too, she was wearing those tight gym pants and her ass was amazing and round and big and juicy.

There is a KFC there so all in all it's definitely a place to visit for the Colonel's Chicken alone!
    This is pretty much the main reason I go to the gym.

ReputationRep:
    I went there from Denmark, very good, the biggest let down was there was hardly any Welsh people there. I wanted to meet them but instead the place was flooded with English Sheep Shaggers, as we call them in Denmark.
    I also spent a year in London and the big city universities are, to put it bluntly, crap. No atmosphere etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.