The Student Room Group

Do some guys prefer average looking girls when much more attractive girls are around?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm not a fan of attractive girls - I'd rather have average and be happy then have a really glamourous girl and have problems [past experience].

And even though the OP has said she doesn't have personality, maybe you do, to him - personality is a huge winner.
Reply 41
Original post by Don John
He might fancy the others, but be afraid to talk to them?

The others have tried flirting with him and really put themselves out there, I mentioned it in my OP.

I had already considered that one.
Reply 42
Original post by py0alb
Right, so your solution to the problem of people committing to relationships to which they are unsuited is for them to know even less about each other first? :facepalm2:

If you don't think a happy sex life is an crucial part of any adult relationship you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Rather than asking other people about long term relationships, have you ever actually been in one? How old are you, 14?

"old fashioned" in the sense you use it just means "naive". Enjoy your many years to come of poor choices, bad sex and unhappy relationships.

Don't be retarded. It was the best analogy I could think of. Maybe you will prefer this one: Sex is an important part of a relationship. Conversation is also an important part of a relationship. Would you commit to someone without speaking to them first? No? Then how come sex is different? (answer: it isn't)

I think it's clear from my post that I said I prefer to get a guy first before going into any form of commitment. Your method of getting to know a girl is having sexing with them. Fair do's to you. I made it clear that I think sex is an important part of the relationship and I prefer to get to know someone first before putting out. That's my method of trying out before buying. Yours is the sex first so I guess that's you preference and I suppose the type of girls you normally go for would mainly fall into the second category as described by Jolteon.

Yes I have been in a long term relationship that was based purely on lust and had to end. I don't need to give you my age but I assure you I'm not 14. I already have a BSc, had a graduate job and now have an MSc, if you want to guess my age be my guest.

Call me naive or whatever you please but I know who I am and will always maintain my standards.
Reply 43
Original post by babygirl110
Sad reflection of the times imo, I'm a girl who prefers old fashioned dating.

I'd like to believe there are loads of guys out there who aren't looking for a girl to put out straight away.

I think you are correct on this one as I am an example of one. I was in a relationship for a few years (we were both very religious and virgins). I did learn quite a bit from that relationship.

Since that time I have been on a very few dates that I didn’t already know that we were close intellectually and shared a very similar worldview. Since the first relationship, I have never been on a second date with someone that I knew we were not sexually compatible.
Reply 44
I think it's clear from my post that I said I prefer to get a guy first before going into any form of commitment. Your method of getting to know a girl is having sexing with them. Fair do's to you. I made it clear that I think sex is an important part of the relationship and I prefer to get to know someone first before putting out. That's my method of trying out before buying. Yours is the sex first so I guess that's you preference and I suppose the type of girls you normally go for would mainly fall into the second category as described by Jolteon.

Yes I have been in a long term relationship that was based purely on lust and had to end. I don't need to give you my age but I assure you I'm not 14. I already have a BSc, had a graduate job and now have an MSc, if you want to guess my age be my guest.

Call me naive or whatever you please but I know who I am and will always maintain my standards.

Haha! Way to suddenly get all personal! Your worldview is extremely messed up if you honestly think that every girl with a grownup attitude towards sex is a dumb ugly slut.

Hey, If you want to be a self-regarding prude, that's your business. But don't expect any decent guys to wait around long while you play childish games, and please don't paint every other girl with a more mature approach to yours as a slut, it just sounds like bitterness.

The fact that you're in your 20s only makes the fact you sound like a naive 14 year old worse.

Before you reply, let me just quickly go prop up these strawmen you knocked over btw.
Simply because you're actually his type?
I joined this other club two months back and one of the guys who was already a member is extremely attractive, he‘s just an all rounder. A lot of girls fancy him and some really haven’t made a secret of it; he’s been chatted up by some of the girls on a few occasions when we've gone out.

I’m starting to wonder if he fancies me though because he recently asked for my number and said we should go out for a drink sometime. Now I’m puzzled because two of the girls have tried flirting with him and they are so so hot and really glam. If he is interested in me I’m just wondering why he would ignore girls whose level of attractiveness matches his own for just an average Jane like me.

Before people say personality, I should also add that I seem to lack personality, if anyone were to describe me, they would say shy, reserved and subdued. So boring.

If he is interested it makes me really apprehensive because I have this impression that all attractive guys are arrogant. I also don’t understand why he hasn't shown interest to the other two girls. Could it be the Bridget Jones effect?

No matter how confident or good looking a guy is, it's likely that he is just too insecure to go for a really pretty girl. Even if he knows he can get a pretty girl, he'll always be worried about other hot guys giving them attention. If they go for an average looking girl, they assume there's less chance of that happening and less chance of the girl cheating etc.
Maybe he's not into really glam, perfect looking girls?
Reply 48
Again with the good looking girls=bitches, not so good looking girls=nice nonsense.

Either he's insecure or you're his type.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending