Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My guy friend of 5 years has broke my heart & treated me like cr*p.. advice please? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aws)
    you are NOT his gf, how many times does that need to be said?

did you EVER say, "I don't want you seeing other people"
    heck you don't even care he was.
    I KNOW that. You're right i don't care that he's seeing someone else, i just care how he treats me as we've been friends for a long time now... and i think him trying to turn me into his gig when he comes home just isnt right.

No, but he said that he was getting paranoid that I was seeing other people (when HE was) which is unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GirlsJstWanaHavFun)
    No i've never implied i want a FwB type deal... hence i've never slept with him. I didn't know he didn't want a LDR until that night he tried to sleep with me.
    i doubt he's doing the whole cuddling, hand holding, "i love you" stuff just for ****s and giggles. your reciprocation of the "couple" stuff, gives the impression that you want more, you just have different ideas of what this more is.

I wouldn't be pissed at him for going for two girls at once, it's like a back up plan he doesn't know what will or wont work out so he's just playing the field a bit, such is the male mind

ReputationRep:
    It sounds a lot like you've been leading him on - you should definitely be working on a kindly worded apology if you care about his friendship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drumzilla)
    i doubt he's doing the whole cuddling, hand holding, "i love you" stuff just for ****s and giggles. your reciprocation of the "couple" stuff, gives the impression that you want more, you just have different ideas of what this more is.
    This.

However, if you aren't actually together, then its none of your business if he's sleeping with someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedJimmy)
    It sounds a lot like you've been leading him on - you should definitely be working on a kindly worded apology if you care about his friendship.
    He's still talking to me... im not worried that i'm going to lose his friendship. He's just not talking to me as often as we were talking now that ive left it to him to do the contacting for a change, which makes me feel like really he doesnt care, and what he said was just to get me to sleep with him.

I haven't been leading him on... i like him, and i thought he knew that i'm not a sleep around, and wouldnt sleep with him when not in a r-ship.. clearly not, though he knows now. I thought he wanted a r-ship, and hence i behaved the way i did with him, though waiting for him to make the first move in the way of a r-ship... which as he doesnt want a LDR he didnt do..
    • TSR Support Team

Have you actually told him you want to be with him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Have you actually told him you want to be with him?
    Yes. and he said he's sorry but he doesnt want a LDR... but i dont want FwB
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by GirlsJstWanaHavFun)
    Yes. and he said he's sorry but he doesnt want a LDR... but i dont want FwB
    Not much you can do other than stay friends with him maybe, if you don't like the way he treats you then maybe you should stop being around him.

ReputationRep:
    To me it seems that this Guy thinks that your going to be his fwb aswell

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.