Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I tell her she was my first? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think you should tell her, or at least explain that you were very inexperienced. If you don't want to put the burden of having lost your virginity to her on her, then tell her you had sex once before but were drunk and so don't have any experience.

On second thoughts, what if you ended up staying with her? You don't want to always have that lie between you. As a girl, I'd want to know. If you weren't saving it, then say that you just don't feel that confident with girls or something.

If you don't explain a little - and she is more sexually experienced than you - then she might just think you were a bit crap in bed rather than just inexperienced. If you explain that you need to learn, then you can learn how to please each other together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I would tell her.

That way at least she has an explanation for your nervousness, putting-off and disastrous attempts at sex before you finally got it on.

Tbh she may well have guessed already. In which case if you don't come clean you're only going to look silly in her eyes.

Better to be a virgin, than be a more experienced guy who still acts like a virgin.

Just be casual about it, you can have a laugh about being a virgin. Put some extra effort into sex, be an eager puppy etc she'll love it.

Although it wouldn't be that important if you didn't tell her. If you get into a relationship with her it will come out though lol.

My boyfriend was a virgin didn't bother me. Why should it?
    And this, definitely all this.

ReputationRep:
    I had this situation with my ex, I never told him he took my virginity and it never affected anything, we were together like 1.5 years. Used to feel really guilty about it but what's done is done, plus it's nobody's business really, it's just sex.

Your choice really

ReputationRep:
    You did a mistake by having sex with her in the first place. You should have got to know her better first. Don't feel bad now if she finds out it's your first time (she must have noticed I guess) and makes fun of you. I don't see a reason why you should tell her though. At least not now.

Was it her first time as well or you doubt it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben16)
    That's not really the case, it's more that I am too shy to make the first move.

She could think that I'm weird for being a 22yo virgin and want to find a guy with more relationship experience?
    Why would she think it was weird?
    If she dumped you for that then she's a bit of a ***** and not really worth your time (cliché, but true!)

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell her, what she doesn't know won't hurt her, plus your no longer a virgin anymore? I would just leave it...

ReputationRep:
    You met a girl at the club? I don't get it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.